Does anyone get that feeling that he/she is lonely????

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello all
Just a lil question that always comes into my mind, does anyone of you sometimes get this awefull feeling that you are lonely and that no one cares for you or care whether you are upset or not, or care that you are in a need to have a talk with someone to get all the pain out of your heart??? I know that i should have more faith in God and that God should be my best friend to talk to, but really i get this awefull feeling a lot now and it does really disturb me to feel that sometimes no one cares for me..... :'( :'( :'( :'(

Please tell me if you sometimes feel the same

Comments

• yeahh..everybody is in a state of depression once in a while...
  • Ohh ok, but how can i overcome this awefull feeling?? it kills :-X :-X
  • I used to get that feeling a lot and still do sometimes and i know exactly what you mean. but we really should count more on God and talk to him and even our FOC. but yeah i know exactly how you feel
  • even Jesus felt lonely on the cross... the Father forsook Him on the cross, his desciples left him... only the right theif defended him...

i would lie if i tell u i didn't feel lonely before... but i just run to church and pray then i come back happy :D
  • mate, the feeling of loneliness is one we have all experienced, and we each have our own unique ways of coping and hobbies.

when you do feel that no one cares or feeling lonely, read your bible, there are so many inspirational verses, do stuff that you enjoy or maybe give some of you friends or family a ring and go out for lunch or something. even if you go out with you brother somewhere, it may help

and as AnbaBola stated prayer is a powerful tool
  • well......, my main feeling of loneliness is coz of my brother has left me and gone to somewhere else. Friends....mmmm, well my friends are busy, and we do find problems in going out together now. ahh i don't know, i think i just need a break of everything, i think i will take a good break over christmas time and stay home and sleep hahah, this would help me, thanks anyway ;D
  • every time you feel lonely, ask GOD if he is here next to you? ARE YOU HERE? ARE YOU WITH ME? and wait for the answer.
    you feel lonely but are you actually lonely? the answer is NO. GOD is always next to you but you have to ask for his presence, by reading in the bible, praying (talking to God), or just singing church songs and coptic hymns. Or you might want to go to your room and talk in a loud voice with him. I personally prefer the last two, singing and talking. And of course I do the first two, but when I feel depressed I talk to GOD like one of my friends, so talk to him like one of your friends, or like your brother.
  • ...how....do you talk to God?....reading the BIBLE sometimes helpe, and sometimes adds to the depression, idk why. but.....yea...of course everywhen gets the feeling, i get it just about all the time. but yea, sometimes idk how to cope...
  • I think the first thing that we need to do when we get this feeling is identify what it making us feel that way, more often than not you'll find out that it's some small insignificant thing, or sometimes there may not be a reason at all and its just some stray chemicals in our brains. But if you do find out what it is that's bothering you, just take a step back and look at the big picture. God promised us he'll always be their for us and this knowledge, if one truly believes in it, should be enough to put down those emotions. I think we shouldn't put much stock into our emotions as they are unreliable, and prone to change very easily. Hopelessness is one of the devil's greatest tools as we all know, and we should always be on guard against it knowing that even if we don't "feel" God, he is still their
    Galatians 5:5
    "But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope."
    Here paul says by faith, not emotion do we hope.
    Hope this helped, and anyway if ya ever feel lonely ya can always talk with some of us :-\
  • God bless
  • i get that feeling alot
    but sumtimes i actualii like it
    sitting alone and relaxing
    it might seem wierd but itz not
    GOD BLESS
    RABENA MA3AK(I)
  • yea we all feel sad. it even says in the bible that theres time for crying and happiness there is a time for everything. so while u feel lonely some other kids can be getting physically hit for example and they are lonely all the time. so we shall actually be thanful for the sadness. sry if i confused you. lol