Just Friends

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I am wondering can someone who tells a person "You have a good personality, and I am attracted to it" ever be Just friends???
Wouldn't be there line that is already discovered??? A line that let's say BOB told Candy "I like your personality, and I am attracted to it..." This won't help them being just friends!!!

Sorry if I am confusing any-one.
Even If candy is seeing someone???

pray for me,

Comments

• Gee wow........... thanks imaginary member for answering my question! I realy appriciate it! :P
  • Shoofy ya Bentbabayasooa', it depends, if it is within an egyptian community, then NO, people will understand it wrong, and the person from the opposite sex will understand it wrong as well, he will understand it as this girl is in love with him, not just friends, and I do really mean it, there are other things that can be said: Like you are a good friend, you are funny....etc, that sort of stuff doesn't have double meening, but what you said might be understood the wrong way.

I hope i didn't confuse you lol hahahah :P :P :P :P :P :P

yalla take care

Baladoos
  • [quote author=baladoos link=board=11;threadid=4748;start=0#msg64826 date=1165954072]
    Shoofy ya Bentbabayasooa', it depends, if it is within an egyptian community, then NO, people will understand it wrong, and the person from the opposite sex will understand it wrong as well, he will understand it as this girl is in love with him, not just friends, and I do really mean it, there are other things that can be said: Like you are a good friend, you are funny....etc, that sort of stuff doesn't have double meening, but what you said might be understood the wrong way.

I hope i didn't confuse you lol hahahah :P :P :P :P :P :P

yalla take care

Baladoos

yea...baladoos has a point. i would look at it that way too
  • explain please! ???
  • yani it means he could just like u for the person u r..not in the OTHER way
  • so being just friends is no problem???

baladoos, You did confuse me!
  • ok i will try my best to explain it a bit better and more detailed. Our egyptian community and any egyptian community alwaysssss and I mean alwaysssss make the small things big, when a girl says to a guy "I like your personality, i'm really attracted to it" straightaway the guy will think "huh this girl loves me" he will never think that she is saying that coz he is her friend, and same thing for an egyptian girl if she heard a guy said that to her. I personally know an egytian girl that just smiled to a guy in our church, and the horrible thing is that the guy went and said that she likes him!!!!! i was like OMG she just smiled to him, that's allllllllll. So lol what i want to warn you from is that our egyptian community act in a way that you never gonna change, they always assume things and LOVE to make stories out of nothing. From my personal experience I had lots of people talking about me just because I was standing with a girl talking about ASSIGNMENTS. Try alwayss to avoid words like " I admire your personality, I am attracted to your personality.....etc, this definitely will give the guy the wrong meaning behind it, he will NEVER and i mean NEVER think that you are saying this because you want to be a close friend to him, but rather he will think that you LIKE him and want to get closer to him. I just know egyptain really well so please be careful.

Yalla take care lol

Baladoos
  • baladoss, my friend,
    The guy said to the girl "I like your personality, I am attracted to it"
    The girl can't say something like that!
    dah kano etokhoha fe el balad!
    :P
    but what you said can go for the guy as well right??
    So my quetion is can they be just friends? or is it impossible????

pray for me

p.s. check your PMs, baladoos.
  • why impossible?

everything is possible..
  • u know what she meant lol
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4748;start=0#msg64839 date=1165966425]
    why impossible?

everything is possible..

It is kind a of strange how bob poped in candy's life and told her "etc........."
    What would you do anbabola???

• what would i do if i was bob .... or candy??

pick sides please!!
  • BOTH!
    ;)
    :P
    ALso, Remember that candy is kinda of sorta not available!
  • well...
    if i was candy... what would i do?????.......i would really think about the situation..... may be bob is just trying to win an extra girl in his book... maybe he is just saying it to see my reaction to see whether i have feelings for him or not.... i would put myself in bob's shoe to figure out why he said that, and then see if its possible to stay as friends or not...

if i was bob... many reasons to say this... maybe candy is a good friend of bob, and she treats him nicely so he liked how she talks to him!!! maybe he just wants to score.... lots reasons i can think of...

but, whether its possible or not... its really up to candy...

that's why i said its possible since its in candy's hand!!!
  • ohhh now i understand your question, ohh ok, well it depends on the guy, some guys will accept it and some not, so for example if Bob went to Candy and told her: "Hey Candy i like your personality and i'm attracted to it" and then Candy replies "Well i like you as my brother and my friend". If he is an egyptain guy, then it depends, some guys will take it personally and will get mad and upset and will never be friends again with the guy which in my opinion pretty wrong becasue every guy has to give any girl the freedom to choose without getting mad, but some other guys will really accept it and stay very good friends. I presonally know my best friend that proposed to my other best friend (she is a girl ofcourse) and she told him "Lol you a great person but I consider you as only a brother" and he said to her with a smile on his face " Lol that's ok and i want to thank you that you were honest with me and this will definitely never gonna change our good friendship". A few monthes later this girl got engaged to another guy and my best friend that proposed to this girl before went to her wedding and he was the deacon that was leading the wedding in church. So again it depends on each guy and each girl. Sometimes also when a girl says "I'm sorry we are just friends....etc" she feels guilty towards the guy and she tries her best to ignore him so that she doesn't feel guilty about him and like this she ruins the friendship even if the guy wants to stay friends, everything on this earth is different, so again a general rule is: IT DEPENDS ON THE PERSONNN

• I guess it's ok for them to stay friends...but you really have to know the intention of the guy. If a guy knows that this person belongs to someone else, then he really shouldn't have said that, unless of course he has feelings for that certain person.
    I mean it's perfectly ok to complement on someone's personality but saying you are attracted to it is really a bit too much and it will keep you thinking about this phrase all night.

Well you really have to either know the person really well or ask them what their intention was in saying so and so.
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4748;start=0#msg64855 date=1165972455]
    well...
    if i was candy... what would i do?????.......i would really think about the situation..... may be bob is just trying to win an extra girl in his book... maybe he is just saying it to see my reaction to see whether i have feelings for him or not.... i would put myself in bob's shoe to figure out why he said that, and then see if its possible to stay as friends or not...

What do you mean "WIN AN EXTRA GIRL IN HIS BOOK?" is bob a playa?? or is he a ladies man????
    Humm....... but bob has to put in mind that candy is not avaliable, eventhough bob is a nice person with a great personality. And since candy is not avaliable she CAN NOT say whether if she has feelings for bob or not, because that is not fair for whoever candy is seeing "chocolate". Because Choclate came first.....!!!
    Bob is realy confusing candy, but all candy can do is just enjoy only being friends with bob...................! To me, in my eyes, bob realy can't do anything, cuz candy is in love with someone else.

[quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4748;start=0#msg64855 date=1165972455]
    if i was bob... many reasons to say this... maybe candy is a good friend of bob, and she treats him nicely so he liked how she talks to him!!! maybe he just wants to score.... lots reasons i can think of...

Anbabola, She makes fun of him all the time.....!!!!!
    What do you mean he just wants to score???

[quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4748;start=0#msg64855 date=1165972455]
    but, whether its possible or not... its really up to candy...

that's why i said its possible since its in candy's hand!!!

We ba3dan baa` ya seit candy we sei bob........... what ya going to do when they come for you????

QUOTE FROM MARIANNE87

Well you really have to either know the person really well or ask them what their intention was in saying so and so.

What is bob's intentions??? Hummm.................
  • lol...candy and chocolate...
    funny ;D ;D
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=11;threadid=4748;start=15#msg64882 date=1166054154]
    lol...candy and chocolate...
    funny ;D ;D

hahahahahhahaa........
    I know, they make cute and tasty couple!!
  • how about cookies??
  • lek kedda bas ya anba bola...e7na saymeen 7aram :-X ;D
  • NO cookies for you mister,
    You have questions to answer!!!! :P
    hahahaha........
  • i have questions to answer??? questions about cookies???

i don't know how to make cookies... sorry!!!

wee ba3dan marianne87 said 7aram... el sayaman...
  • Anbabola,

SABAH EL KHEAR ya amar........... sabah el fool we el yaseman......!!!

baleash ely enta beteshrabo dah......... kam mara a'olak balash ely enta beteshrabo dah........ gayear el sanf.........!!
    Fe sanf gedad fe el soo` try it!!

• bee narmy el taamasy 3alla el ward ely a3ad 3alla el karasy.... alloooo :P

what do u know about the new sanf??? have u tried it before???

wee ba3dan 3aab keda... this is tasbeha not nasyat el shara3 and talking about el sanf!!!!
  • well i could use some...exams ba2a we el dema3' 3ayza tet3dl ;D

kidding...i know i am gonna get in trouble for saying that :-X
  • i know i am gonna get in trouble for saying that

ya 3amooo ya 3amooo, ya taaaant!!
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4748;start=15#msg64889 date=1166055900]
    bee narmy el taamasy 3alla el ward ely a3ad 3alla el karasy.... alloooo :P

FUNNY ya khewati
    FUNNY!!!! :P
    [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4748;start=15#msg64889 date=1166055900]
    what do u know about the new sanf??? have u tried it before???

P.M. me and we will talk!
    ;)
    :P ( TRUTH GUYS: I DO not smoke, i do not even know what hasheash look like.........!!)
    [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4748;start=15#msg64889 date=1166055900]
    wee ba3dan 3aab keda... this is tasbeha not nasyat el shara3 and talking about el sanf!!!!

yeah.........your right!

Can you please reply to what i have said about bob and candy!!
    thanks anbabola!
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4748;start=15#msg64891 date=1166056531]

i know i am gonna get in trouble for saying that

ya 3amooo ya 3amooo, ya taaaant!!

ba2a kedda...mashy :'(
  • ba2a kedda...mashy :'(

7`alas matiz3aleesh... YA 3AAAMOOOOOO :P

FUNNY ya khewati

i know... but thanks :D

P.M. me and we will talk!

sure... i don't want any shobha ya 3aam!!

( TRUTH GUYS: I DO not smoke, i do not even know what hasheash look like.........!!)

sure sure sure... i like how u have the "DO" part capitalized keda...

Can you please reply to what i have said about bob and candy!!

eff....
    ok... since candy has el chokalata guy... then they make a "sweets" couple and the dentists will like that... i think bob has bad teeth so he'll understand :P
    so may be candy should let the bob guy know that he is not too sweet for her since howa sayamy and she is looking for someone fatary....
    see.... its all in candy's hands... wait i should've said candy's mouth :P