coptipedia.com

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Bonjour toutes et à tous,

Je viens de recevoir un message concernant un nouveau site internet crée par notre église en France;

Voici le message:

J'ai le plaisir de vous annoncer l'ouverture du site http://www.coptipedia.com. Ce site a pour ambition de regrouper un maximum d'articles et de textes reconnus de manière officielle par l'église copte. Ce site se veut collaboratif aussi je vous invite à le consulter non seulement pour vous instruire mais également pour proposer tout articles, adresses de sites, etc pouvant contribuer à l'enrichir.

Au fait, c'est quasiment comme tasbeha.org mais plutot en français et sans tchatch ni un forum de discussion.

UdP,
Vassilios

Comments

• Hi,
    Its a new website created by the Coptic Orthodox Church in France. Unfortunately, they only made it in French. Its like tasbeha.org but in French.

I left the message in French because i figured out that why would anyone english be interested in going there?

Anyway, what is said is as follows:

----------------------------

Good day everyone (male and female),

I have the pleasure of announcing the opening of a site : coptipedia.com. This site will try to regroup/assemble all official coptic orthodox articles.

This site is colloborative in that you are invited ,not only to consult its resources, but equally to propose new articles, new internet sites, thereby enriching this site.

in fact, its closely similar to tasbeha.org, but rather in French,without a discussion/chat feature.

UdP,
    Vassilios

• In your church do you pray in French, coptic, arabic, and english?
  • i was also wondering wat language u pray in?
  • one time at my church, we had an abouna from france, and he was praying french, coptic and arabic... and our abouna was praying english, coptic and arabic... it was funny since no one understood the french piece of it :D
  • In France we pray in Coptic, Arabic and French but unfortunately we don't pray in English :( I wish we'll do one day
  • to tell u the truth... i like it to be just coptic and arabic... when abouna starts praying in english i be like yoo`oo tani... i don't feel the same way when praying in english :-\
  • omg anbabola... im totally with you but i like coptic the best... like english we seem to do a lot of... SO WITh YOU
  • well... i just feel bad for the ppl who were born here esp little kids... they really don't know arabic 7`alas...

bout coptic... its wonderfull.... it makes me feel like i'm at the monastary... two weeks ago, a very baraka abouna visited our church from egypt, and he was just praying in mainly coptic and arabic... it was wonderful... i wish he could've prayed with us one more time...
  • w'meen sem3ak ya 3am! dah ana nefsy fee 2odas 3araby-2ebty ye7sal w'lawo marah wa7dah fee kenesetna. laken te2ol eh ba2a... 7ezouz! ::) mosh ye3meloh masalan 7ad kidah w'7ad kidah... la2, elah kolohom meskoh fel english liturgy ka2eny mafeesh wala 7asal gherhah!

fibo
  • [quote author=filobateer link=board=11;threadid=4676;start=0#msg64822 date=1165937075]
    w'meen sem3ak ya 3am! dah ana nefsy fee 2odas 3araby-2ebty ye7sal w'lawo marah wa7dah fee kenesetna. laken te2ol eh ba2a... 7ezouz! ::) mosh ye3meloh masalan 7ad kidah w'7ad kidah... la2, elah kolohom meskoh fel english liturgy ka2eny mafeesh wala 7asal gherhah!

fibo

Hadi a3sabeak fibo! It is annoying..........! My church 3mla odass kolo english on saturdays!!!!!
    I think that the Arabic and the Coptic is what gives el odass the taste and the blessing!!! mosh englizei eff.... !!! we kaman......... el alhan mosh heya lama betkon englizi, mosh betoba` sah
    we abona lama be`ol haga, lazam etargemha english! haga ugh.....
  • so i guess i wasn't the only one then...
    in my church, they have the first saturday of every month to be ALL english...

if i were to weight the percentages of each language in our church for sunday's liturgy, it would be close to:
    1% coptic
    10% arabic
    89% english

the saturday liturgy is mostly arabic through, but not always... if abouna sees any one between the ages of 15-25yrs old (not including me, cause he knows i want arabic), he does english right away...

i'm waiting till we build the new church, and then hopefully we will have two liturgies on sunday one araby kollah, and the second can be anything...
  • well obvioulsy...we DO live in AMERICA...and 99% of the kids kno english MORE. so i THINK they would make it with ENGLISH.... :P
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4676;start=0#msg64820 date=1165931074]
    well... i just feel bad for the ppl who were born here esp little kids... they really don't know arabic 7`alas...

acctually..i was born here...and i kno arabic really good...!
  • acctually..i was born here...and i kno arabic really good...!

okay... since u know arabic really good... do u enjoy the liturgy in arabic or english more???
  • depends...well im used to english more becuase school and stuff so i guess english
  • depends...well im used to english more becuase school and stuff so i guess english

:-\ we all went to school and we are used to english... but i like araby liturgies more baa`aa
  • Well they say coptic is the heavenly language in our churchs.
    But my personal openion, it doesn't matter which book you are reading from . English ,arabic ,coptic, French or even cantaneese.
    You know what's the best kodas? is the one that god can heare .which is the one comes from your heart.
    It doesn't matter if you speack perfect coptic and saying every word with abouna in coptic while thinking about this girl's make up or what you gonna do after the mass.
    feel every word and say it from your heart so god will heare it .cause if you don't all what he will heare is lab lab la.
  • We have an English & an Arabic mass. It doesn't really make a difference to me what language i hear the mass in.. but all the kids are in the english church & they talk non stop ! so i usually attend the arabic.

'little phareo' pointed out something very important. It has to come from the heart whether in English or Arabic..