DJ

would it wrong to consider a career DJ'ing?
i dont like dancing bit i do enjoy listenining to music

Comments

• Here is my personel opinion... if i'm ashmad to bring jesus to the place where i work and show him the people i work with, then i aviod that place/job/ppl...
    think about what would jesus do, think and say if you bring him to where you work, and u show him what you do... then you'll have ur answer.
  • thankz mate

but what about kids parties or school disco's??? im not talking about clubs etc

i think you need to be realitic too, it depends on the person and their occupation, so would then being a garbage collector be wrong??

you could be a lawyer and be ashamed of bringing the Lord into their workplace

• I am being realistic, and that's what i do when i'm not sure about something...
    I'm sorry, may be i'm old fashioned or something... but i like to be sure where i'm going and what i'm doing wouldn't upset god... and that's how i do it.

i agree... but do YOU want to be in his place? i don't and that's my train of thought...
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=0#msg64598 date=1165544947]
    I am being realistic

if you so say

so when your not sure about things or something you avoid it, good point, I AGRee

i know we need to glorify God in all we do

But dont you think it'd be good to have an egyptian DJ, you can turn to during festive occasions, no rubbish music would be played, simply imagine and think of how cheaper it would be, then hiring a system as i know some of my egyptian friends do for their birthdays etc

just think about it.......................think of all the possibilities

DJ Sam, its got a nice ring to it dont you think?
  • what kind of songs will be played? will there be dancing? will that lead to sins?

i think these are the main questions to ask ourselves.

use your own judgement and like AnbaBola said, ask what would Jesus do...

God bless
  • DJ Sam, its got a nice ring to it dont you think?

i might be wrong, but it seems as though u want to do it cause its cool, or cause it will get you some earthly glory!! if that's the case, i would stay away from it.

toba lee-maan madho meen el lah wa lais meen el nass

plus, what happened to being a nice respected doctor, engineer, lawyer, etc.. etc.. etc... i think that's what all egyptains would be proud of and not a DJ that gets hired once in a blue moon to host egyptain parties... plus u'll make sooo much more money in the other careers...
    but hey, i'm not telling u what to do, you figure that out 4 urself.
  • hey look, ill be straight with you guys im not interested in DJ'ing at all, i just remember one of my mates talking about it awhile back and i thought itd make an interesting discussion topic

AnbaBola did you live in egypt for a couple of years? you've got the same mindset as most egyptians, in fact i find it quite interesting that you mentioned doctor, engineer, lawyer, yes their respected positions but not everyone can be a doctor for example plus you forgot pharmacy thats up there too

• hehehe...
    i did live in egypt, in fact i was born there!!

u have to think like the person yr dealing with to understand him/her very quickly. like what st paul said, i became jew to win the jew... if ur dealing with an egyptain mentally, then to bypass alot of arguments and to get to the point 3alatool... then think like an egyptain.

yes i agree... pharmacy is pretty nice!!
  • would it wrong to consider a career DJ'ing?

How would a DJ would be called a "CAREER"?? I don't get that!
    It is like, Garbage Men I wouldn't call it a "CAREER", because i realy don't think there are classes for "GARBAGE career" and "DJ", It can be a occubation; however, I would NOT call it a "CAREER".

Here is my personel opinion... if i'm ashmad to bring jesus to the place where i work and show him the people i work with, then i aviod that place/job/ppl...

I am learning new things about you anbabola everday!

AnbaBola did you live in egypt for a couple of years? you've got the same mindset as most egyptians, in fact i find it quite interesting that you mentioned doctor, engineer, lawyer, yes their respected positions but not everyone can be a doctor for example plus you forgot pharmacy thats up there too

Saviour lives in me,
    He suprises me too...!!
    However, he realy don't like doctors! Because there is this thing between Mr. Engineer........and stuff V.S. Evil Doctors.
    :P

pray for me,
  • what's that supposed to mean evil doctor?
  • wait... i should have said dr. evil :P
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=0#msg64627 date=1165614296]
    what's that supposed to mean evil doctor?

It means believe it or not mr. engineer anbabola is that i am learning new things about you, and your personality amazes me! Your sense of humor is out of this world!

wait... i should have said dr. evil

HEY? I am trying to be nice here!
    :P

pray for me,
  • HEY? I am trying to be nice here!

tayab 7`alas i take back dr. e or i meant m :P

just kidding...
  • [quote author=Saviour lives in me link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=0#msg64593 date=1165540836]
    thankz mate

but what about kids parties or school disco's??? im not talking about clubs etc

i think you need to be realitic too, it depends on the person and their occupation, so would then being a garbage collector be wrong??

if ur considering to go to school dances as a DJ..go to elemantry school...not junior high or highschool because infact i was in a dance with my friends yesterday....(i hang out with my friends)...and what they do is very inappropriate so keep that in mind if ur going to be a DJ
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=0#msg64612 date=1165586174]
    hehehe...
    i did live in egypt, in fact i was born there!!
    u have to think like the person yr dealing with to understand him/her very quickly. like what st paul said, i became jew to win the jew... if ur dealing with an egyptain mentally, then to bypass alot of arguments and to get to the point 3alatool... then think like an egyptain.
    yes i agree... pharmacy is pretty nice!!

yeah i agree, but i at times feel frustrated at how narrow minded some egyptians can be, but i have my weaknesses too so i cant really talk

where abouts are you from? (in egypt) you know how to read and write arabic hey, im envious of you my friend, i studied arabic during my primary school years and it all went through one ear and out the other :( something i do remember was that i got an award for being the highest achiever in my arabic class ??? i was the only one that knew that balacony starts with beh lol

• [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=0#msg64622 date=1165602358]
    How would a DJ would be called a "CAREER"?? I don't get that!
    It is like, Garbage Men I wouldn't call it a "CAREER", because i realy don't think there are classes for "GARBAGE career" and "DJ", It can be a occubation; however, I would NOT call it a "CAREER".

i dont understand why you dont get it, career is a a chosen pursuit; a profession or occupation

it is possible and it has been done where people's careers are soley focused on DJ'ing.

why do you segregate garbage men from other occupations or careers? if i was one id be insulted, its making them money and supporting their family.
    im reluntanly revealing this but my dad was a garbage man at one stage in his life and egyptians tormented him because of it.

garbage men have classes or ranks tooo, you have the drivers, the team leader or boss, and their boss etc just like any other occupations structure
  • You mis-understood me..... Saviour lives in me,
    I meant as it is like that.............
    Career is like big job that you go to school and learn to be good at it, Like me for an example, Let's say I want to be a lawyer........ and i go to school for it and learn and take classes then it would be called a "CAREER"
    However, working in a fast food resturant, me personaly, I wouln't call that Job in a fast food resturant a "CAREER", I would call it a Job.
    See......... if you say "I have a career in a fast food resturant" and you actually work as a cashier or a fryer or a grill person, that wouldn't make any sense, but if you say "I have a job in a fast food resturant" that would make more sense.
    ( Sorry, I am an English Language Lover)
    I apologize if I offended anyone; however, I didn't mean it in a bad way.

why do you segregate garbage men from other occupations or careers?

I am sorry once again, and It realy seems like I can NOT reply on a topic unless I offened someone, by either segrigation or so..

if i was one id be insulted, its making them money and supporting their family.
    im reluntanly revealing this but my dad was a garbage man at one stage in his life and egyptians tormented him because of it.

Savior lives in me,
    I apologize, and hey? when my parents Immigrated from egypt, they didn't start off by being a manager or a boss nor they didn't have their own business, Eventhough my dad has a reputation of being the best photographer all over egypt and his name is still shining! but here..... they started off by washing dishes in a resturant ( an average Job for a non english speaking person)

Pray for me,
  • where abouts are you from? (in egypt) you know how to read and write arabic hey

cairo... kahrawy... and i'm ahlawy too :P
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=15#msg64690 date=1165763696]
    You mis-understood me..... Saviour lives in me,

my apologies

[quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=15#msg64690 date=1165763696]
    Career is like big job that you go to school and learn to be good at it, Like me for an example, Let's say I want to be a lawyer........ and i go to school for it and learn and take classes then it would be called a "CAREER"
    However, working in a fast food resturant, me personaly, I wouln't call that Job in a fast food resturant a "CAREER", I would call it a Job.
    See......... if you say "I have a career in a fast food resturant" and you actually work as a cashier or a fryer or a grill person, that wouldn't make any sense, but if you say "I have a job in a fast food resturant" that would make more sense.

i still tend to disagree but i think we should agree to disagree
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=15#msg64702 date=1165795880]
    cairo... kahrawy... and i'm ahlawy too :P

your part of a soccer team am i right? if so thats really good man, i wish i was fit enough :-\
  • [quote author=marmara327 link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=0#msg64659 date=1165685242]
    if ur considering to go to school dances as a DJ..go to elemantry school...not junior high or highschool because infact i was in a dance with my friends yesterday....(i hang out with my friends)...and what they do is very inappropriate so keep that in mind if ur going to be a DJ

good point marmar, but am i to fault if people fall into sin and dance inappropariately, im only doing my job although i do feel the selection of music is important. so if i was to choose the music wisely, is it still my fault if kids dance stupid?
  • your part of a soccer team am i right?

i used to play kora sharab back at egypt if u know what that is :D

right now, i have no time at all for soccer... i barely get time to sleep :-\
  • [quote author=Saviour lives in me link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=15#msg64713 date=1165829030]
    your part of a soccer team am i right? if so thats really good man,
    mean dah??? anbabola in a soccer team????????? :D
    hahahahahahahhaha...........
    ( i am kidding anbabola!!!)

[quote author=Saviour lives in me link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=15#msg64713 date=1165829030]
    i barely get time to sleep

that is because you spend hours on line.......................!!!!!
  • mean dah??? anbabola in a soccer team????????? :D

can someone remind me to laugh in about 10mins or so PLEASE!!!
    tick... tock... tick... tock...

wait, wait, r u jealous???

that is because you spend hours on line.......................!!!!!

nah... even before that :P

ana mesh 3araf eih el zarafa dih ya gama3a... or is it just me?
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=15#msg64722 date=1165846417]
    can someone remind me to laugh in about 10mins or so PLEASE!!!
    tick... tock... tick... tock...

hummm........................... OK! NOW!!
    [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=15#msg64722 date=1165846417]
    wait, wait, r u jealous???

ya baba.............ehna nas did cheerleading!!!

[quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=15#msg64722 date=1165846417]
    ana mesh 3araf eih el zarafa dih ya gama3a... or is it just me?

ah zarafa di? how enta shayefna fe el zoo walla ah???
    well......... in this case i smell something that starts with "H_m_r" and barseam!!! remember???
    hahahahahahhahaa.......
  • hummm........................... OK! NOW!!

ok... wait... the laugh is coming to me hold on...
    ha
    ha
    think one more is coming wait............... nah, that was it...

how enta shayefna fe el zoo walla ah???

yes.. i see u locked hanak, so i'm feeling bad for u... u mentioned something about barseam... okay next time, i'll bring u 3ash we barseam... not to worry.

hehehe :P
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=15#msg64730 date=1165848766]

ok... wait... the laugh is coming to me hold on...
    ha
    ha
    think one more is coming wait............... nah, that was it...

now my turn to laugh.....................................
    walla aolak................ maleash nefs

[quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=15#msg64730 date=1165848766]
    yes.. i see u locked hanak, so i'm feeling bad for u... u mentioned something about barseam... okay next time, i'll bring u 3ash we barseam... not to worry.

hehehe :P

Somebody remind me to laugh next century please. Maybe it is going to be funny then.....!!!
    and ya anbabola..... YOU SHOULDN'T be talking about barseam.... hata i think it matchs with your real name.....!!
    I think you guys are meant for each other!!!

• sry to interrupt ur fun guys but use went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the topic.. now.. back to dj'ing.. thanks

+FROG+
  • walla aolak................ maleash nefs

koty koty... nefsk mazdodah?? ya haram!!!

hata i think it matchs with your real name

my real name is a blessing to me :P

plus some ppl do call me Bola now which is a privilege to me :D

i don't know about ur real name though... oh "look" amiga... i see the next century coming and my jokes will crack ppl up just as they do now :P
  • 3ib keda ya anbabola,
    Is this how you should behave???
    ugh..... i am ashamed...!!! now please let's get back to DJ'ing....!!
    [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4735;start=15#msg64735 date=1165849583]

walla aolak................ maleash nefs

i don't know about ur real name though... oh "look" amiga... i see the next century coming and my jokes will crack ppl up just as they do now :P

"LOOK" ie here..... I think that is a dream that won't come true. Your jokes barely crack anyone in this century. I doubt it next century.