CHOICES/decisions ????

edited December 1969 in Non-Orthodox Inquiries
Hi everyone
Ok here is my beguilement?
CHOICES/decisions
We all make choices, from big to small. Some we make as an influences of other people others based on what we think is best. Many a times we have to make really important choices like ur studies, marriage, family, obeying important commandments, moving to a new place.
I want to know what everyone thinks when it comes to important choices/decisions to anyone. how to know Whether God is with u in ur decision or u make a choice and u know God is backing u up.
What r the steps in making a sound judgement with Gods grace and u FEEL that it’s the best with God.
I ve come across one of these situations and I cant get my self to decide at all and I don’t feel spiritually for either of choices I have. I don’t feel Gods presences in this matter at all. This concerns my degree by the way
I wanna know what u all do when u hit a wall like that.
Pray for my weakness karas7

Comments

• Jeremiah 33:3
    'Call to me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which you do not know.'

Mark 11:22-26
    22 Jesus answered and said to them "Have faith in God," 23 "for assuredly i say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says 24Therefore I sat to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you will receive them and you will have them

John 15:7
    7If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you will ask what you desire and it shall be done for you

when we seek God he will always be with us and will guide us into the right direction, as ppl always say do your bit and leave the rest to God.
    you need to weigh up the decision and look at how it will benefit you
    i also find asking my close friends and my parents for sure what they think, its always good getting that third perspective, because they may think of things you would not have considered.

what do you mean you cant feel God's prescence? God will always be there, at times carrying us through our difficult moments but we need to seek him
  • hey karas7,
    what i do in things like this is i do not take any decisions, and just pray to God and I tell him, you take this decision for me because i just don't know what to do!!
    for example, for about 6 yrs now, i'm in doubt about a decision, that i can't just make, everytime i say left, i find myself being pulled back to right, so i say, ok let it be right, i find myself being pulled to left... i can not talk to my parents or friends about it... and my foc says to just pray and leave god take this decision for you... so i just pray and i know for a fact, when the time is right, the question will be answered, and i'll be happy...

may be, you need an answer right away since its about your diploma, but not to worry, leave it to god, and he will do what's right for u... u just pray (and remember to pray for me tooo plz :) ).
  • I am god is going to work is miracle and mercifull hand.
    Let God do his work.

Making any decision has consequences, and you need to put in mind them consequences whether they are good or bad.
    The decision you take, you need to be fully convinced that you can/able to make it and willing to face the consequences, because ( God forbid) If you made the wrong decision do NOT say It is god's fault, because I prayed about it, and this happenes.
    Don't take a decision if you have doubts about it, please make sure you are fully convinced.

I have taken a decision, without being fully convinced and hopefully I pray about it won't hurt me that much.

pray for me,