Kiahk Tasbeha

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
I'm trying to organise certain Kiahk Tasbeha Hymns that I downloaded off a CD a friend gave me, but am having trouble trying to locate the exact position of the following hymns within the Kiahk schedule:

1) “Amdah feeki ya bekr batool, Maria Ti-Theotokos…”

2) ”Anafta7faya bel tasbee7 leh sayedna Isous Pi-Khristos, Amda7 Maryam…”

3) “Ya ibna-Daood, Men naslel akerar…”

4) “El-Malak Gabriel, Bashar el Azra…”

5) “Abd Be-esm Allah el-Ab, wel Ibn, wel Roo7el Qudoos…”

6) “Rashe ne O Ti-Theotokos Maria Ethmav en Isous Pi-Khristos…”

Comments

• [quote author=Iqbal link=board=2;threadid=4699;start=0#msg64099 date=1164852273]
    I'm trying to organise certain Kiahk Tasbeha Hymns that I downloaded off a CD a friend gave me, but am having trouble trying to locate the exact position of the following hymns within the Kiahk schedule:

you can check yourself here:
    Order of the General 7 & 4

Also there are madaieh that are said communion not in 7 & 4.
  • The link doesn't help; it doesn't give enough information in order to link the brief title it provides for each hymn with the hymns I have referred to according to the opening lines.
  • Hey Iqbal,

I am sorry I am confused.
    Are you asking what order do the taraneam go in when we sing them in their special occasion?

or what exactly?

I am sorry if this is silly to ask.

mira
  • [quote author=Iqbal link=board=2;threadid=4699;start=0#msg64099 date=1164852273]

ok,
    1 needs more info because it just doesn't give the whole name
    2 is a communion hymn for the 4th week of kiahk
    3 a madeha that is said i think as one of the hymns of the wednesday theotokeia because you can find it in anba Youannes 4 part kiahk tasbeha.

4 more info
    5 # The First Explanation of Ma’llem Ghobrial (A) *
    "The Moaqab"

6 more info please.

i dono if this would help, but if not, pm me and well see what can i do.
  • 1 needs more info because it just doesn't give the whole name

I'm not sure what more information I can give, apart from extending the opening words further?

Okay, thank you.

3 a madeha that is said i think as one of the hymns of the wednesday theotokeia because you can find it in anba Youannes 4 part kiahk tasbeha.

So you are saying there are two alternative hymns for the Wednesday Theotokia?

"The Moaqab"

The First Tafsir according to all the Psalmodia's I have, begins, "I begin in the Name of God, Who dwells in light"; the file I have begins, "I begin in the Name of God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit"
  • [quote author=Iqbal link=board=2;threadid=4699;start=0#msg64110 date=1164858002]

1 needs more info because it just doesn't give the whole name

I'm not sure what more information I can give, apart from extending the opening words further?

Okay, thank you.

So you are saying there are two alternative hymns for the Wednesday Theotokia?

"The Moaqab"

The First Tafsir according to all the Psalmodia's I have, begins, "I begin in the Name of God, Who dwells in light"; the file I have begins, "I begin in the Name of God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit"

there is 6 arabic tafaseer on every part.
    <b>
    The First Explanation of the Se'edi (Sahidic) *
    The First Explanation of Ma’llem Abo El-Saad *
    The First Explanation of Ma’llem Ghobrial (A) * "The Moaqab"
    The First Explanation of Ma’llem Ghobrial (B) *
    The First Explanation of Ma’llem Ghobrial (C) *
    The First Explanation of Anba Markos *
    The First Explanation of El-Bardanohe *</b>

so the one i sent if "The First Explanation of Ma’llem Ghobrial (A)"
  • Interesting, I was unaware of that.

And how about the Theotokias, since you suggested that the hymn which begins, "“Oh Son of David…”, is a hymn of the Wednesday Theotokias, yet the Kiahk Psalmodias I have in front of me (three in fact) attribute the hymn which begins, "All the hosts of heaven..." to the Wednesday Theotokia.
  • [quote author=Iqbal link=board=2;threadid=4699;start=0#msg64117 date=1164860435]
    Interesting, I was unaware of that.

And how about the Theotokias, since you suggested that the hymn which begins, "“Oh Son of David…”, is a hymn of the Wednesday Theotokias, yet the Kiahk Psalmodias I have in front of me (three in fact) attribute the hymn which begins, "All the hosts of heaven..." to the Wednesday Theotokia.

well i only think it is because i heard it in Anba Youanness tasbeha. and that's the only one i heard. alsoo you wont find it except in the arabic kiahk epsolmody.
  • In the Arabic Psalmodia, does it have it in addition to the other one, or does it in fact replace the other one?
  • [quote author=Iqbal link=board=2;threadid=4699;start=0#msg64119 date=1164860658]
    In the Arabic Psalmodia, does it have it in addition to the other one, or does it in fact replace the other one?

i am really not sure. i don't wanna give you any wrong info.
  • Well I certainly cannot find it in any of the two Coptic Psalmodias I have.
  • [quote author=Iqbal link=board=2;threadid=4699;start=0#msg64121 date=1164861234]
    Well I certainly cannot find it in any of the two Coptic Psalmodias I have.

listen to anba Youannes' tasbeha.
  • hi Iqbal,
    i think u will find this madeha in the psalmody after Te-oi en hekanos in sunday theotokia.it is said after ( oh M-R-Y-M ).there are 2 songs begining with the same words.
    hope this helps,
    bye
  • The First Tafsir according to all the Psalmodia's I have, begins, "I begin in the Name of God, Who dwells in light"; the file I have begins, "I begin in the Name of God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit"

The tafsir ur referring to ("I begin in the Name of God, Who dwells in light") is the explanation on the first part of the Sunday Theotokia in the midnight praise of Kiahk.

"I begin in the Name of God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit": this part is from the first part of the Saturday Theotokia, to be said in the vesper praise only.
  • Iqbal,

You definately came to right place to ask!

Listen, ask someone for a book called :"DILAL SHAhR KHIAHK" - its a white book with pics of angels on it. It will have all the songs in there.. and where they fit.

OK Iqbal.. here are a few pointers:

This is in the middle of the prayers.. it will come around the time when the deacons sing "Ti-Atsoleb Ensemneh". AFter this song (or before it), they will do the above song: #1.

This is for the towzee3. Its not really in the Saba3a Arba3a schedule in Khiahk. Its part of the Holy Communion.

Never heard of this one : Sorry.

OK.. this is in fact the FIRST song sung at the beginning of the prayers. It is AWESOME! I learnt arabic JUST for this song! Enjoy it!! Its my favourite song. Its brilliant. The person who wrote it was a musical genius.

6) “Rashe ne O Ti-Theotokos Maria Ethmav en Isous Pi-Khristos

This is an AWESOME song Iqbal, however, and I'm sorry to say this, it is NOT part of the KHIAHK procedure. You'll find this hymn in the Khedmet Il Shamas... we don't usually sing this in the Saba3aa Arba3aa.. :( [and i say that with complete regret!].

Obviously, if your church is like that of Mina's , there may be some exception, but its a hymn sung in khiahk but for MADEEHA , and u can use it anytime during a medeeha.

------------------------

Song #5 is only sung in Khiahk. I'm looking to establish a committee of people who wish to sing this outside Khiahk.. to have it accepted anytime during the year... ITS THAT GOOD!! Enjoy...
  • i dont know exactly what you need but, there is another song which is my favorite hymn. Its the first doxology from the month of kiahk.

"ke ghar i shan........."