heaven

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
do you ever wonder if there really is a heaven out there...do you ever get afraid of dieing and realizes everthing in your life was useless and pointless...what if we just die and dissappear? Do you ever wonder or worry if God didnt make a heaven and he was just there but he plans that when we die our spirits are just left here on earth?

Comments

• I have wondered this also but realized that this is the word of the weak in faith. The real Heaven is something beyond our understanding but surely it does exhist. Be faithful and may God strengthen our faith in Him.

Please pray for me always,
    Believer in God
  • Have you ever asked yourself why would we even consider the notion of a supernatural reality if all we were created to know was a natural reality? Have you considered that if God really did create us, that it might be logically imposiible for our spirits to die in a natural sense? In essence, the spirit would be non-existent and only the soul would remain as the overlaying extant reality. Yet, such a soul would never be able to question it's own existence. Only a spirit could. For as animals are creatures with souls who neither know how to worship or what the lack of existence entails, so the autonomously soulishness of man can not postulate such a thought. Yet, have you not postulated such a thought? The very question you pose seems to testify to the underlying answer you are seeking to find.
  • [quote author=angel from heaven link=board=13;threadid=4616;start=0#msg63044 date=1163110337]
    do you ever get afraid of dieing and realizes everthing in your life was useless and pointless...what if we just die and dissappear?

Well, if there was no life after death, its not as if you'd be there to realize your life was pointless. You have to exist to think, if you don't exist after death, then who cares?
  • well it wasn't so much that i cared about myself, it was just that for those who pass away before me...its hard to move on not knowing if their spirit still exists somewhere or not...=/ i know their has to be a life or something after death...otherwise we would have no reason to live in this world...
  • St John Chrysostom said,

Why worry about where heaven and hell is when u could spend that time getting yourself to heaven!

• No, saying there is no heaven means there is no God, but with so much proof that God exists, it's hard not to..

1. The Bible. The Bible has been studied excessively and it has been proven that it has been written by many people. how can so many people living over such a long period of time believe in the SAME being ? could it have been passed down ? no. because everything that is passed down eventually changes. But God never changes.

2. Morality. If there was No God, who would've told us the difference between right and wrong ? Morality in the world today is based on our Christian values, even our llaws !

3. Science. Some think that science contradict what the Bible has to say, but I very much disagree with that. I think Science works hand-in-hand with The Bible to prove that God exists. If you have studied the human body or laws of motion or the universe or anything to do with science, you will see how amazing everything is and how everything workes together. That could not have been coincidence ! NO WAY !

4. And Ofcourse we have our miracles. There are all those famous miracles, but i think it's those that we experience first hand that really count to us. Did you ever walk out of a mass a new person, or leave confession as if your floating. Do you know what it feels like for God to touch your heart ?? Well if you don't yur MISSING OUT !

Did anyone ever just sort of pretend there was no God for a while? ever escape from reality just so you can live as you please? i have. and LIFE IS SO EMPTY WITHOUT THE LOVE CHRIST. there is not point.. So wouldn't you rather be living for a reason .. I read a quote once.. it went something like: "I would rather live as if there is a God, and Find out there isn't.. then to live as if there isn't a God, only to find out there is." Finding out there isnt a God you'd be shattered.. But finding out there is one you'll have forever to regret it.

The Bible teaches us that we go to heaven. simple.
  • yes. that is correct... there are many proof... the bible is the biggest source... you can look at Revelations there were many visions and what else can describe the heavens in such detail.... there were appearings, visions, dreams, events and many more things with christ and heaven...there was St athanasious ( excuse my spelling lol ).. but it was another st ath. and he saw a ladder, so he went up, he saw a liturgy going on and he attended it... and so on........
  • [quote author=angel from heaven link=board=13;threadid=4616;start=0#msg63044 date=1163110337]
    do you ever wonder if there really is a heaven out there...do you ever get afraid of dieing and realizes everthing in your life was useless and pointless...what if we just die and dissappear? Do you ever wonder or worry if God didnt make a heaven and he was just there but he plans that when we die our spirits are just left here on earth?

If you believe in the bible you believe in what it says and it clearly says their is a heaven.
    for example:
    And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of HEAVEN.Matt.18:3
    Also:
    Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my FATHER which is in HEAVEN.Matt.18:10
    Also:
    Even so it is not the will of your FATHER which is in HEAVEN, that one of these little ones should perish.Matt.18:14
    Also:
    Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my FATHER which is in HEAVEN. Matt.18:19
  • Ever heard of Pascal's wager?

Look it up. He addresses the question of what if in an interesting, yet not so convincing way.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_wager

Interesting, but not spiritually beneficial.

Anyhow, thinking "what if..." doesn't necessarily mean that you are losing your faith, but that you are merely thinking, which is good. However, if this thought worries you then the devil is indeed attacking you, and you need to rely on the help of God to strengthen your faith.

If you're still not sure, then do this:

Have a look at good Christians, and have a good look at good non Christians. What's the difference? What's the faith God result in?

You'll find that both are seem happy, and both seem genuinely good people, and both have high moral values; yet the Christian is very aware of the reason behind their values and the non believer only thinks that it's the right thing.

In the book of Romans, Saint Paul speak about those who are under the Law of Moses (being the Jews), and those who are under the Law of continence (the gentiles). God has given both these laws, yet both stumble and fall. The difference is, the believers know about the redemption of Christ and of remission of sins, but the non believers have no way of bringing themselves back to their original righteous state (because good deeds to do not cross out sins). In this the believer has the psychological advantage. If God indeed did not exist (hypothetically speaking), then you are still better off believing in one.

Better still, don't believe in God, because it makes you feel better, but because you believe because you genuinely want to believe.

Jesus said:

"If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him." (John 10:37-38)

So have another look at the righteous person and notice the evidence of God's work in his or her life.

"Do not be unbelieving, but believing" (John 20:27)

God Bless.
  • u no wat
    i realy had wondered about that
    i always felt wats gona realii hapen
    i use 2 always think about if we go 2 heavan how long wer gona stay
    think about it
    wer gona be up ther 4eva and ever and ever and ever
    think about it
    i no wat your thinking
  • [quote author=copticluva link=board=13;threadid=4616;start=0#msg67076 date=1170541896]

i use 2 always think about if we go 2 heavan how long wer gona stay
    think about it
    wer gona be up ther 4eva and ever and ever and ever

If heaven is really like that, I wish I was there right now! :'( Who does not want to be in a place like that?!
  • yea but you guys don't find that scary at all? i mean what if we go to hell and we're there suffering forever or the other people who go to hell...sadamn husein never got a chance to redeem himself and he was hung and now he's going to be in hell forever and ever...its scary