TV

edited October 2006 in Random Issues
ok ok i got another one!!

so i was also asked today is Foxtel wrong or haram? or UBI?

i said well its not necessarily bad but its not good to watch too much tv and that if it takes you away from God it is probab not good. i then told her to ask abouna who is her confession father.

so what do u ppls think?

btw u know what she replied? --- well, she said --- if abouna says that Foxtel is haram she will then ask him about UBI!!! lol ---- they r so cute!!! :P :P

Kristina123

Comments

• i don't know what kind of shows they are, it must be somen in ur country or somen!

she is cute!

i teach K1-K5 (4-6) yrs old!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • wats UBI? anyways i think tv is a waste of time, it takes u away from time with God but also with ur family,
    tv is a significant influence on behaviour, so selection of shows is important, but then again wat they dont see on tv they'll see in society so ???
    "all things are lawful for me but all things are not helpful"
  • [quote author=kerestina link=board=4;threadid=4537;start=0#msg62401 date=1161695348]
    wats UBI? anyways i think tv is a waste of time, it takes u away from time with God but also with ur family,
    tv is a significant influence on behaviour, so selection of shows is important, but then again wat they dont see on tv they'll see in society so ???
    "all things may be lawful but not all things are helpful for us"

they are only kids and i assume these r cartoon channels???

you cant go say to a kid don watch tv it's waste of time and me myself - i like cartoons! lol
  • Hi

they are not cartoon channels!!

UBI is the arabic dish where they have the arabic movies and soap operas!!!! that is the tv from egypt!

Kristina123
  • i wasnt implying for children to stop watching tv but i wudnt be encoraging it either, wat is the purpose of watching tv? to entertain n soak up time, y not spend time with family instead? the prob wif tv is that after one good show is another good show then another one, n u end up in front of the tv for hours

altho i wudnt say to kids straight off tv is a waste of time, but it is unbelievable the amount of tv kids these days watch how is it benefiting them? altho there r sum shows i wudnt oppose to
  • yu know the parable about the good soil.. & the example with the thorns ??? TV is the biggesstt source of thorns yu can find in the world.. an average kid would watch about 2 hours of tv a day.. compare that to a few hours of church every week !!

tv is soo addictive.. it wastes so much time in wich we can be worshiping God.. but ofcourse we cannot tell a child not to watch tv.. so i think make theres more God than tv comming in .. daily prayers and bible reading && LESS TV are some things you can do .. [worldly music & the net fall under the same category, tell them to be careful ! ]
  • everyone says tv is bad then watches it...everyone apart from monk-fathers lol

arabic movies n soaps? lol nice but oh well, not too much and children won't understand it anyway they dunno arabic in europe n us so only adults wud enjoy that really lol
  • TV isnt bad

Sometimes atleast

LoL
  • im more concerned about the content that young people and children are exposed to
  • [quote author=kerestina link=board=11;threadid=4537;start=0#msg64301 date=1165155843]
    im more concerned about the content that young people and children are exposed to

kerestina,

In u.s. they give Sex Ed. classes in middle schools and High schools!
    In Egypt, Kids are not supposed to know what Sex is!
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4537;start=0#msg64307 date=1165172061]
    [quote author=kerestina link=board=11;threadid=4537;start=0#msg64301 date=1165155843]
    im more concerned about the content that young people and children are exposed to

kerestina,

hahahaha.......Nice way of putting it mira......lol.......
    but ya mira is right it depends on whose point view about what is right and wht is wrong. for american society, shows that expose sexual intercoarse (sp?) are ok, but for egyptians: um.......haykasaro el television laow get 7aga zay keda
  • haykasaro el television laow get 7aga zay keda

hahahahahahha........!

True...!
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4537;start=0#msg64307 date=1165172061]

so....... how does that justify anything??? whats your point??

sex ed. is done during high school too in australia and im certain everywhere else around the world, its part of education, egyptian parents dont give their kids 'THE TALK', they learn safe sex etc at school and from peers

some tv shows are quite inappropraite for certain ages, how is it benefiting young teens to watch 'sex and the city' for example, its only creating lust, and the amount of swearing that comes out of young children these days is disgusting. the theory of monkey see monkey do is so true, through observation we learn and often take into account and apply what we see into our lives

there was a study done on tv and violence which stated that;
    Immediately after exposure to media violence, there is an increase in aggressive behavior tendencies because of several factors. 1. Aggressive thoughts increase, which in turn increase the likelihood that a mild or ambiguous provocation will be interpreted in a hostile fashion. 2. Aggressive (or hostile) affect increases. 3. General arousal (e.g., heart rate) increases, which tends to increase the dominant behavioral tendency. 4. People learn new aggressive behaviors by observing, and will reenact them almost immediately afterwards if the situational context is sufficiently similar.

i know people learn alot from society and their environment too but why shove a tv in a kids face simply to re-emphasis whats happeining or what they observe in society

everyone says tv is bad then watches it...everyone apart from monk-fathers lol

the only tv i watch is the football and i still get annoyed at the stupid alcohol ads in between

Romans 12:2
    And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

finally, all things may be lawful for us but not all things may be helpful

• so....... how does that justify anything??? whats your point??
    sex ed. is done during high school too in australia and im certain everywhere else around the world, its part of education, egyptian parents dont give their kids 'THE TALK', they learn safe sex etc at school and from peers
    some tv shows are quite inappropraite for certain ages, how is it benefiting young teens to watch 'sex and the city' for example,

i don't think it was meant to say that it was benefiting just that for american parents things like that on tv are ok for them, for they practice it anyway from a very young age (or no limite to age at all) ........for egyptians a girl must be 3ala sengat 3ashera...so ya.....no one said tv is benefiting just that some see it as ok!
  • Sex education is actually now taught in alot of schools in Egypt.
  • [quote author=egyptiankrkr link=board=11;threadid=4537;start=0#msg64362 date=1165272328]
    i don't think it was meant to say that it was benefiting just that for american parents things like that on tv are ok for them, for they practice it anyway from a very young age (or no limite to age at all) ........for egyptians a girl must be 3ala sengat 3ashera...so ya.....no one said tv is benefiting just that some see it as ok!

so american parents think its ok for their kids to watch shows like that because its become part of the american culture or norm mmmmm interesting

just because things are accepted in society doesnt necessarily always mean that we should abide by them or conform. most societies see tv as ok, so its not only america

im only saying that we should be wary of what we watch and what our young brothers and sisters are watching
    remember everything a child sees remains in their memory, its amazing the stuff they remember, so we need to be careful that they dont watch the wrong things

god bless n take care
  • what happened to pokemon, ka3bool, and tom and jerry????
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4537;start=15#msg64426 date=1165365611]
    what happened to pokemon, ka3bool, and tom and jerry????

I don't know ya anbabola; however, I still watch them!

Real People's show are just boring!

• Real People's show are just boring!

i agree!!