Never allowed to marry?

edited October 2006 in Faith Issues
Matthew 19
9And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

FROM
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew 19&version=9

So if a man cheats on his wife and she divorces him he is never allowed to marry again?

he may not be able to keep self-control being alone and may fall into sexual lust..
is he expected to live as a monk? but is not becoming a monk a calling?

some single christians choose to exercise self-control with the hope that one day they will have a partner and the struggle will be less intense I think..
but a person who cheats on his wife has not this hope but by Gods mercy the struggle might be less intense even without a wife if God wills..

that verse should scare people including myself because even if we repent there is still that punishment of never being able to marry again it seems.

What if the wife who was cheated on dies? then will he be able to marry?

Comments

• NEVER!!!!!!!!!!
  • as stated in verse 9 of that chapter ur refering to whoeva marries dis dude wud be commiting adultery thus both are in the wrong
  • The church will not marrry a man or a woman who has cheated on their spouse.

The church will give them a divorce, but the cheater will not be given the choice to re-marry. This is because they have defiled the sanctity and holiness of marriage.
  • how does the punishment 'no more sex' compare to HELL: no more Chirst. wouldnt you rather serve punishment for your wrongdoing on Earth rather than after death.. its just like going to jail for killing someone. except theres no legal punishment for commiting adultery..