how can i prove to someone?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
how can i prove to someone that saint mary was truly a virgin before and after the birth of our lord jesus christ??like explaning them and giving them verses in the bible to explain?

god bless all

mary

Comments

• is this person a non-christian? becuase if it is its like only a one percent chance u will convince them
  • i mean to anyone like any kid adult teenager christian or non-christian...or in sunday school if the question pops up..anything in that matter
  • The way I would explain it is like that:

God made the Earth and everything in it including us. He made our body therefore he can change it whenever he wants and however he wants. He can heal it, inflict it with diseases and bring it back to life!! Therefore impregnating St. Mary without a man influence is no difficulty for him. St. Mary was a young and unmarried woman, if she had a sexual relationship with a man before becoming pregnant with Jesus Christ, God would not have chosen her for she would be a sinful person. She must have been a virgin than!! St. Mary was an extremely Holy person, she gave birth to God. She was filled with the Holy Spirit- the grates gift of God above. People who are close to God as much as she was do not need anything that earthly living can offer. They experience far more pleasing things – LOVE OF GOD. God’s love is fulfilling and satisfying!

God to a man
    "Do you desire good for yourself?
    Every good is in Me.
    Do you desire blessedness?
    Every blessedness is in Me.
    Do you desire beauty?
    What is more beautiful than Me?
    Do you desire nobleness?
    What is more noble than the Son of God and the Holy Virgin?
    Do you desire height?
    What is higher than the Kingdom of Heaven?
    Do you desire riches?
    In Me are all riches.
    Do you desire wisdom?
    I am the Wisdom of God.
    Do you desire friendship?
    Who is a kinder friend than I Who lay down My life for all?
    Do you desire help?
    Who can help except Me?
    Do you seek joy?
    Who will rejoice outside of Me?
    Do you seek comfort in misery?
    Who will comfort you outside of Me?
    Do you seek peace?
    I am the peace of the soul.
    Do you seek life?
    In Me is the source of life.
    Do you seek light?
    'I am the Light of the world' " (St. John 8:12)
  • well how bout Simon? remember when Simon was translating the Bible and then he got to the part where it says a Virgin will conceive, (and bare forth thsaviour of the world) dont know if the thing in the brackets are the exact words. And then he thought that maybe he ll put a girl instead of a Virgin, he prayed hard for few days until it was revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he should translate exactly wat he sees and that he will not rest until he sees this prophesy fulfilled. And so it happened Simon lived for many many many years until Christ was actually born. Refer to the agpeya, the twelfth hour, in the gospel of St. Luke CH. 2: 25-32 it says "And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and this man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel; and the Holy Spirit was upon him. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen Christ the Lord. So he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when the parents brought in the Child Jesus, to do for Him according to the custom of the law, he took Him up in his arms and blessed God, and said: “Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace, according to Your word; for my eyes have seen Your salvation, which You have prepared before the face of all peoples, a light for the revelation to the Gentiles, and the glory of Your people Israel.” Glory be to God forever and ever Amen.
    So as u can see, this is how u can prove 100% that St. Mary IS a virgin. There is also prophesies in the old testament. Hope this helped
    Pray for ur sister,
    Sylvia

• I think it's pretty clear that St. Mary was definitely a virgin before the birth of Christ. But what about after the birth of Christ? Is there anything in the Bible that says that she remained a virgin after the birth of Christ?
  • well there are no vrses that say she had any children and if u pick out the erse that says James and (someone) was Jesus' brother... Abouna told us about this... back then cousins would be called brothers and sisters, they werent biological bros and sis they were just named like that. i hope u undertand, back then theyd refer to people who werent really they re bros and their bros it was kind of the way it was done back then.
  • A bit like Abraham called Lot his brother...
    if I am right.. did Abraham call Lot his brother?
  • Why do we have to prove the fact

Let them prove its not.........THEY CANT!!!!!!!!

God bless
  • well....this person thinks im weird...i guess u can say an american....but she thinks that my religion is waste of time and that saint mary did not give birth and never even had the sin.....i pray everyday that she will see the light!!!

mary
  • [quote author=esakla23 link=board=1;threadid=4431;start=0#msg62082 date=1160758825]
    I think it's pretty clear that St. Mary was definitely a virgin before the birth of Christ. But what about after the birth of Christ? Is there anything in the Bible that says that she remained a virgin after the birth of Christ?

Ezekiel 44:2:
    2Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut.

3It is for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate

This is a prophecy on st. mary staying a virgin throughout her entire life, she is the gate that only christ passed throught and it "remained forever sealed"
  • "When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, Woman, behold your son! Then He said to the disciple, Behold your mother! And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home." John 19:26-27

if St Mary had other children then Jesus would not ask St John to look after her.