Spitting Gum

i was just wondering what happens if i take communion and then eat gum. I dont spit it out i just swallow it Is that still a sin? ???

Comments

• [quote author=christiangrlforevr link=board=4;threadid=4346;start=0#msg59653 date=1156639804]
    i was just wondering what happens if i take communion and then eat gum. I dont spit it out i just swallow it Is that still a sin? ???

Its not a sin if you swallow it afterwards; that's no different from eating. But it can be dangerous to swallow gum, so I wouldn't recommend it anyways.
  • if something happens and u happen to not be able to eat it,...you either burn it........or ..........bury it ;)
  • correct me if im wrong about the burying thing
  • i don't think that trivial things like this really is a big issue!! if your not sure then dont chew gum at all! suck on a mint instead!?!? lol avoid it all together if possible just to keep safe
    but i just dont see God on judgement day saying you had gum after communion and spat it out!! get me??? i could be wrong but on the safe side stay clear wen u have communion!
  • I don't think we should trivialise the Eucharistic regulations of the Church; they are there for a purpose, and we should approach and treat the Eucharist with the proper respect it deserves by following the Church's regulations in humble submission.

Generally speaking, nothing should enter the mouth subsequent to taking Communion unless that thing is to be consumed.

Spitting itself is forbidden.

• Iqbal is definitely correct... Nothing is supposed to enter the mouth after communion that you will spit out... Remember, there is still a chance that small parts of the body/blood are still in your mouth. Putting something in your mouth might absorb it, and spitting it out would mean spitting Christ out... Not so trivial now is it?

I ask for us not to undermine or underestimate the regulations of the Church. Like Iqbal said, they are there for a reason.

Pray for me
    Peace to all
  • [quote author=christiangrlforevr link=board=4;threadid=4346;start=0#msg59653 date=1156639804]

i doubt it..
  • Sorry... seems like i offended a few people... never looked at it that way... you guys are right... sorry again.

cheers.
  • I am sorry if my response seemed too blunt. I hope that you are not offended, but Eucharistic matters cannot be taken lightly...
  • yeb i agree with iqbal person!

and i also head that swiming is bad after communion!
    don't know why?!

• na not offended! hehe just never thought of it in that way... but ur completely right!! thanks for the insight.

cheers.
  • No problem ;) Glad to be of help...