Gossip is annoying

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Any body got any verses that says that gossiping is wrong?
people like talking about me lol

Wow lots of Egyptians like to gossip. The power people can hold with their words is scary.

help me out people

Comments

• i don't understand wht u r saying
  • "Do not go about spreading slander among your people. Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor's life. I am the LORD." (Leviticus 19:16)

"You speak continually against your brother and slander your own mother's son." (Psalms 50:20)

"A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret." (Proverbs 11:13)

"A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much." (Proverbs 20:19)

"In you are slanderous men bent on shedding blood; in you are those who eat at the mountain shrines and commit lewd acts."
    (Ezekiel 22:9)

I hope this helps.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • [quote author=davidschanter link=board=10;threadid=4341;start=0#msg59630 date=1156609442]
    Any body got any verses that says that gossiping is wrong?
    people like talking about me lol

Wow lots of Egyptians like to gossip. The power people can hold with their words is scary.

help me out people

he means that ' words' or the power of speaking...can do alot..do great wonders...and that scares him...
  • Yea you know what.. you think its only egyptians but trust me when i tell you its in every culture!!!

its the worst possible thing!!

did u know... when u spread gossip about someone... and the person u told that rumor to goes and tells someone else... and that someone else goes and tells another person... your accounted for all those peoples sin!!! because u started spread the rumor!!!

so if u calculate it... its kinda like u spread that rumor to hundreds of people when you only really told one person!!!

man that stuck to my head all through my highschool years!! my Sunday School Servant scarred me for life!!!

hehehe But it was affective!!!
  • Jeremiah 6:28
    They are all grievous revolters, walking with slanders: they are brass and iron; they are all corrupters.

Proverbs 10:18
    He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

Proverbs 18:8
    The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man's inmost parts.

2 Corinthians 12:20
    For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear that there may be quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder.

1 Timothy 5:13
    Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not to.
  • Thanks D33 i just needed some insight
  • your more then welcome! ;)