Bible

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I hope everyone had a lovely St. Mary's Feast.

Is it a sin (or wrong) to write, highlight the bible

Comments

• Is it a sin (or wrong) to write, highlight the bible

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think it's O.k. to write in the Bible/make notes so long as you aren't just defacing it.
  • i guess i am a big big sinner than, lolol.

it's fine. acutily ur suposed to and to take notes and you can do whatever maeks it easier for you to understand the bible.
  • Theres nothing wrong with to writing or highlight the bible
  • If that is a sin, then I should be excommunicated, because my Bible has some seriously large amounts of h-lighting and a few notes scribbled everywhere. My FoC is actually the person who told me to do that, because it shows that if you feel something is important enough to hi-light or write a little note about, it shows that the verse really impacted you in some way.
  • its not a sin to write in the Bible, u just cant write {with a pen} over the words :)
  • I never do it cause I'd end up highlighting the entire Book!
  • i don't think its a sin... i know a lot of priests that encourage it...
  • In that case I should be excommunicated too... Half of my bible is underlined and I've recently started adding notes, after hearing my FOC include it in an exercise at a preservants meeting... However sometimes my hand accidently goes off track and gets on the words, but they are still visible...
  • i don't think it is either!!

i don't cuz, either i would make the higlite the whole book, or the pages would tear apart cuz it gets wet from the highlighter
  • All the preservant and sunday school teachers' bibles in my church have highlights and notes everywhere. Ive seen a bible that already hsa highlights and notes in it it is printed like that
  • Abouna told me to read one chapter a day and to highlight at least one verse to memorize each time........so yea highlight all you want. Just don't change the words like some people do.....cough cough jehovas witness

God Bless You a thousand fold