What should i do?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I need help deciding. a year ago and a half ago, i had that dream, in it i saw myself as a newly ordained monk, and i was surrounded by all the priests and the monks, they were all congratulating me on my ordination as a monk. and in the dream, i saw a lot of people coming from far away towards the monestary, to see me. before that dream, i never thought about monasticism, but since that time i cant take it off my mind, i think about it but it doesnt prevent me from studying and going on with my everyday life. so i dont know what to do about it. i need ur thoughts, keep in mind that before i went to sleep that day, my parents and me were discussing which major i should study, we were deciding between biology and engineering. after i had that dream, i said to myself, i was thinking about being a doctor, but God wants me to go in a different direction, and thats why i had that dream.
pray for me so i know God's will.

Comments

• [quote author=God Is My Strength link=board=10;threadid=4216;start=0#msg58552 date=1154594446]
    I need help deciding. a year ago and a half ago, i had that dream, in it i saw myself as a newly ordained monk, and i was surrounded by all the priests and the monks, they were all congratulating me on my ordination as a monk. and in the dream, i saw a lot of people coming from far away towards the monestary, to see me. before that dream, i never thought about monasticism, but since that time i cant take it off my mind, i think about it but it doesnt prevent me from studying and going on with my everyday life. so i dont know what to do about it. i need ur thoughts, keep in mind that before i went to sleep that day, my parents and me were discussing which major i should study, we were deciding between biology and engineering. after i had that dream, i said to myself, i was thinking about being a doctor, but God wants me to go in a different direction, and thats why i had that dream.
    pray for me so i know God's will.

I would recommend that you go ahead with one of those majors. I think if you are able to succeed in something else, and still yearn for monasticism, then you know whether you should become a monk.

But if you become a monk straight away, you will probably spend the rest of your life wondering what would happen if you had taken such and such a major.

Also, I think Pope Shenouda insists that anyone who wishes to become a monk must have higher-education qualifications.

The most important thing to do is pray about it. God always shows you the way if you pray sincerely.
  • Thank u guys for the replies, i know that i have to finish college first, i wont ignore it. But the only problem is that i keep thinking about it, i keep asking myself why did i have that dream, and why exactly right after i was deciding which major to study. Also, i just remembered that when one time i was at the monestary, when we were talking about monsticism, one of the monks told me that after ten years i will go to the monestary, and they wont accept me for four times, but then the fifth time they will accept me. he said that even though i didnt tell him anything about the dream, so i dont know if he was just saying that.
    God Bless
  • dont think about it too much homeboy... live life like you plan... if God wants you, he'll take you.... but not for that, he'll take you for something else! peace!
  • Pray and God will give you the guidance!!!
  • [quote author=maryfarag link=board=10;threadid=4216;start=0#msg61779 date=1160119954]
    Pray and God will give you the guidance!!!

defenitly!!

pray is the answer!