Why do people try to predict the end of the world?

pp
edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Shouldn't one always be ready for the end of the world? For some reason, I argued with someone saying that you should always be ready for the end of the world. So who is right?

Comments

• you both are right. it is good to look for the signs so that you can at least become ready and even though you should always be ready for His second coming.

God Bless and Pray for me
  • Definetly u should always be ready for the end of the world...and its good to look for signs aswell..asjoyis good said..

but to tell the truth...u should be ready..Just in case death comes along in a time u donot expect (lol there are more chances that u will die than be the end of the world)
  • Thank you so much for your answers.
  • couldnt have put it better myself ;)
  • Neither could I. ;)
  • Why do people try to predict the end of the world?

I dont know.

But like everyone is saying the 'date' is not vital you must be prepared at all times!

Kristina123
  • That is absolutely true. The date does not matter but your heart does. That was what I was arguing about in the beginning. Thank you so much.
  • But didnt Jesus even say that these signs wont be near the end of the world?
  • The world is like a school, you go to class, the teacher teaches and you are tested until graduation.
    Each test that comes adds to your cumulative grade.
    Now in school just as we find group of friends bounded by social class or taste, there are other grouping including study group.
    while there might be some exceptions to this rule, it is a fact that those who study well seldom do not have problems passing exams nor do they fear. That is not to say though that those who study don’t fail or those who don’t study pass.
    However, the more prepared you are the better: or as Christ puts it, since we don’t know for sure the hour or when its going to come, better be prepared.
  • the end of the world has its own study... lol... dont worry aobut it... not many of the fathers talked about the end of the world... but many spoke of the end of the life of a believer!
  • Hey,
    Im not sure maybe you should try to be ready when jesus come and says who is going up to heaven and we should all try to do good things.

Juliann
  • Why people try to predict the future???

1. Because they are not ready and want to know when they should be ready by!

2. Their BORED!!!

[move][glow=red,2,300]GB
    Dee.[/glow][/move]