Has anyone gotten an email from Michaeline

edited July 2006 in Random Issues
Hi all I was wondering if I'm the only person to get this email from some Mrs. M Maloney in the Virgin Islands. I'm very heated and extremely enraged from the words this lady has written. (I mean mish kefaya that Maxi Micheal dude deya kaman.)
Regarding proposed construction of St. Marks Coptic Church on Vessup Lane, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands:

My greatest joy in the day is listening to the neighborhood children squeal with laughter as they play from house to house on our quiet, peaceful dead-end street. Your priest and his massive, inappropriate construction project are working diligently to steal that from all of us.

Have you no regard for law, for families, for children and the elderly? You plan an incomprehensibly huge construction project in the middle of family homes. There will be no way for us to enter and leave our homes with the amount of building you intend. What happens in case of fire or medical need when our dead-end street is clogged with construction vehicles and then church visitors? To protect my family against your mean and inconsiderate actions I can only think to call to have every car that parks on our narrow road towed as soon as the owner walks away.

Your priest was shown highly appropriate settings by local realtors for the placement of your symbolism on this island, yet chose to invade a quiet family neighborhood, under false declarations of his intentions to build a rectory, then proceed to request zoning changes to fit his selfish and willful desires. This is a man of cloth? This is what your religion represents? Against all the stringent and vocal community protests, the Coptic Church, through your priest, presses on. To what end? To show that you have the money and influence to squash the people you come into contact with? How noble, how high-minded, how godly.

And, how ironic that your pope writes books titled, Calmness, then your priest invades a peaceful community and stirs up nothing but enmity by his self-interest. It appears that yours is a religion that preaches one thing and practices another.

I learned more about you on the internet and will use the internet to inform the unsuspecting public of your true and callous disregard for other humans if your representatives succeed in bending laws and perverting common decency in the hopes of your expansion. Your church will forever be a pariah, an out-of-place oddity, and never a living parish and part of our community because of the course of action your agents chose to pursue.

With all the negativity in the world, why bring more? You are agents of negativity right now, a belch of bad air over our islands. Is that really what you want?

I strongly urge your priest to reconsider the appropriate sites available for a church on this island. You appear to have the financial means to do whatever you please.

Sincerely,

Mrs. M. Moloney
I don't know what's going on in the Virgin Is. but surely it isn't as this lady writes. We are Copts and are taught the total opposite of what this lady writes.

She sent this email to other people as well:
To:[email protected]
Cc:[email protected], [email protected], [email protected] (the first email is mine).

I would really like to give a strong response to this lady her email is in the subject of this thread.

-Pete

Comments

• This lady sounds like a total idiot. I suggest formulating a stern reply and passing it around to all of us so that we flood her email with it...

Sounds like a good idea to anyone else??

Rabana Maak,

Matt
  • hello

what this woman writes is slanderous and should not be allowed to proceed.

if she wants to voice her concerns she should do so to the appropriate authorities not to other people who can do nothing.

she is merely doing this to get revenge and to defame the Church. someone should do something about this before she creates mass hatred for the Copts and in return this could incite hate crimes and be a potential danger for the coptic community.

i suggest someone from that area report her to the appropriate authorities.

Kristina123
  • I suggest formulating a stern reply and passing it around to all of us so that we flood her email with it...

Yes I agree, I'm currently writing a response to her so far it looks like this:

Regarding your email about St. Mark's Coptic Orthodox Church in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands:

How will a construction project poison your life and the life of the neighborhood you live in. Now if a mall was to be built there what would you have done: nothing - you would have shopped at that mall and said it would be good for St. Thomas' Island's economy. How is a church so inappropriate that you would send such an email. The Copts go and pray and leave and if they have any religious events so be it. You also don't know that where a Coptic church is its community, no matter who, is served by her.

What money and what authority do we have that we squash all those who we come into contact with? We are killed and persecuted in our own mother country with no regards for human rights. How can we be capable of such crude behavior - it is all against what our church teaches. All that you have said about our church is wrong and ignorant. Where have you gotten your information about our church? - because obviously you are mislead or twisting things to get your way.

Our religion teaches all the Christian values - it is a Christian religion, I don't know why you refer to it as "your religion". We are peaceful, promoting peace, love, and the teachings of the Holy Bible and Jesus Christ.

Ya know what's crazy about me receiving this message . . . I have nothing to do with the Virgin Is. I live in PA.

edit:

she is merely doing this to get revenge and to defame the Church. someone should do something about this before she creates mass hatred for the Copts and in return this could incite hate crimes and be a potential danger for the coptic community.

I don't think so ... she says that she learned about our church online and that she will tell others to learn about it online ... if they search it up online she'll be proven wrong. I'm not worried about her provoking people.

Pete
  • I have finished the reply, tell me what you think and if anything should be added/subtracted from it and if it is good then I ask that we all flood this lady's inbox with this email starting with my email.

Regarding your email about St. Mark's Coptic Orthodox Church in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands:

Who are you to write such an email about one of the oldest Christian culture/community in the world!!

How will a construction project poison your life and the life of the neighborhood you live in. Now if a mall was to be built there what would you have done: nothing - you would have shopped at that mall and said it would be good for St. Thomas' Island's economy. How is a church so inappropriate that you would send such an email. The Copts go and pray and leave and if they have any religious events so be it. You also don't know that where a Coptic church is its community, no matter who, is served by her.

What money and what authority do we have that we squash all those who we come into contact with? We are killed and persecuted in our own mother country with no regards for human rights. How can we be capable of such crude behavior - it is all against what our church teaches. All that you have said about our church is wrong and ignorant. Where have you gotten your information about our church? - because obviously you are mislead or twisting things to get your way. By the way, what religion or denomination are you or are you an atheist?

Our religion teaches all the Christian values - it is a Christian religion, I don't know why you refer to it as "your religion". We are peaceful, promoting peace, love, and the teachings of the Holy Bible and Jesus Christ.

Our priests are not just any ol' person that went to an ecclesiastical school and became a priest. Our priests are chosen by the people and have to be involved in their church and community and are exceling spiritually and the Patriarch doesn't just ordain any priest they must be well educated and loved by the congregation. How can a priest be selfish!!!?? And what self-interest can they have. They devote all their life to helping and serving others as well as their priesthood duties.

We also practice what our religion teaches us and that's why there is not Coptic revolt in Egypt. We are peaceful and loving people otherwise there would have been a revolt when the Arabs invaded and took over the country around the 6th-7th century.

Who are you to bring His Holiness our father the patriach into this?! Our patriarch is a man of prayer and a miracle maker.

I would really like to know where you have learned about the Copts on the internet because it is wrong and if you're just saying that to intimidate me, I'm not scared. Have the people google Coptic and Coptic history and tell me what they find - NOTHING OF WHAT YOU SAID: CALLOUS AND WITHOUT REGARD FOR OTHERS!

"Your church will forever be a pariah, an out-of-place oddity, and never a living parish and part of our community because of the course of action your agents chose to pursue."
    As for this church and any other church the response would have been the same: "The gates of hades will never prevail against her."

Let's remember this church in our prayers so that its problems be solved.

Pete
  • I strongly suggest in your reply that you try not to yell or convict her of anything. I am not saying that you are doing those things, but just keep that thought in mind. Try to go about this whole situation in a kindly manner. Show her how a real Coptic Orthodox Christian solves their problems. Show her how Christian you are.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691

P.S. It is a very well written letter so far and keep up the good work.
  • Gee no wonder this lady reacts like this, look how we have replied 2 her.

My friends God doesnt need anyone 2 defend his church or attack those that are against it, for if we defend the church we are insulting God for we undermine his power to soften the hearts of those that want to persue varying goals.

Why dont u pete respond to her in a loving more caring nature like our fathers the apostles. If i were 2 receive an email such as that, i will confide in my thoughts about the church and how it is trying to take over the place. Remember lets not fight a wrong with a wrong, lets fight a wrong with a right.

This is no Gospel, but my opinion, do with it as u want

pray 4 me

sister in christ

• Firstly, Why, we havent sent the message to the woman yet.

Secondly, I think the response is really really good!!! We just need to out a final thing at the end, even make her feel guilty. There is nothing wrong with defending our position, and making her understand that we have a right to build a church there. If we dont she will continue to badmouth the copts. Also, at first she seemed to be complaining about the contruction work going on, maybe just clarify to her that that is something that would happen had any building be built.

Rabana maak and i eagerly await the final copy of what you decide. I will also certianly pass it on to people to flood her email as im sure we all will!

Ma Salaama,

Matt
  • lol sorry bout that.i fully agree with you guys
  • hello Pete ebid

please do not send this letter, your intentions are good but this is not conveyed in your letter.

firstly the repitition of "who are you" is completely unwarranted.

and secondly when i read this letter i feel the anger that you harbour.

this letter is not going to help the situation but will only make us look bad, the grammar and style of the letter is also terrible.

also do not say that you are writing on behalf of the Coptic church because im not sure you have that authority and you could be misrepresenting the church.

if you would like to write a letter well that is your right but do so in a more clever fashion in order to effectivle get the point across while at the same time letting this lady know that what she writes is purely slanderous. at the moment your letter is more like a tit for tat if u know what i mean!

i would advise that you seek the aid and guidance of your confession father or priest of your church and possibly the presiding Bishop before taking any such action.

Kristina123
  • Thank you all for the feedback. I will revise the reply so that it sounds more Christian like the way we were taught and brought up and makes her feel that what she has written was just whack.

and secondly when i read this letter i feel the anger that you harbour.

Yeah actually half the letter was written when I had gotten her email and I was totally heated (with a little steam floating out of my ears :P).

Someone said that what I wrote looks like I'm representing the Copts - I'm not trying to do that. How would I change that? Would a "Dear Mrs. Moloney, Regarding the email you've sent out about the Coptic Church in St. Thomas Island, etc" change that?

GBYA and Pray for me,

Pete
  • this lady sounds very rude! :o