Commandments

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey i was thinking could someone make a list of all the commandments god said in the new testement. Thanks

PopeKyrillos

Comments

• The Bible tells us that Jesus during his life time on earth never broke any of the laws in the old testament.
    [never having eaten pork, never having violated the Sabbath, divorce was disallowed except in adultery during his lifetime, he followed the law of Moses to the letter]

According to the Bible, Jesus spent his whole life in strict adherence to the commandments of the law of Moses . He departed leaving the faithfuls with the following words:

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 5:17-19

• Personally, I feel giving too much technicality to certain verses creates room for man to want to introduce human reasoning to the words of God.
    Otherwise, how can we honestly explain arguements for or against homosexuality, ordaining of women priests, eating of pork?
    I simply tell myself: GOD FORBIDS THIS OR THAT.....AND WHEN I COMMIT/BREAK ANY LAW, I SIMPLY ASK FOR FORGIVENESS; NO ATTEMPT TO TRY TO JUSTIFY HOW OR WHY.
  • Hi, check out the site below and look out for a lesson or two.
    It might be helpful.
    Please share your experience afterwards.

http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/minister.htm

NT: THIS WAS MEANT FOR A DIFFERENT POST. but I guess it wont harm.
    Thanks.
  • [quote author=tk link=board=1;threadid=4076;start=0#msg57373 date=1152290652]
    Personally, I feel giving too much technicality to certain verses creates room for man to want to introduce human reasoning to the words of God.
    Otherwise, how can we honestly explain arguements for or against homosexuality, ordaining of women priests, eating of pork?
    I simply tell myself: GOD FORBIDS THIS OR THAT.....AND WHEN I COMMIT/BREAK ANY LAW, I SIMPLY ASK FOR FORGIVENESS; NO ATTEMPT TO TRY TO JUSTIFY HOW OR WHY.

well, you explain to people that these arguements ("homosexuality, ordaining of women priests, eating of pork") are spoken about in the bible. and i just want to add that when you ask for forgiveness, you get it thro abouna in confession.

Hi, check out the site below and look out for a lesson or two.
    It might be helpful.
    Please share your experience afterwards.

http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/minister.htm

NT: THIS WAS MEANT FOR A DIFFERENT POST. but I guess it wont harm.
    Thanks.

i really don't get what's the lesson except following what the bible say in it's right meaning.
    Tk, is there any other lessons???
  • Yea there are lots of lessons I learnt in Mr Nick, Minagir.
    I learnt the power of understanding that what you dont have which you so desire ,God sure has something better for you.
    You ever heard the story of a poor guy who tried to commit succide because he could not afford some basic things ;only to be met by another poor fellow who didnt even own a sandle.
    The 2nd poor guy had asked the succidal fellow if he could use his sandles after. This had taught the fellow some lesson and stopped him from the act.
    Like I said, this post was not meant for PopeKyrillos post.