SUBJECT SELECTION!!

Comments

• If you are interested in practicing Criminal law then I suggest you take Biology since that will be more useful in the long run. However, if you are interested in pursuing Civil law and you are interested in doing more administrative law such as business then take Economics.

Then again it is always helpful to take classes that interests you and what you are good at.

In His Name
  • what does biology have to do with biology..

no i wa wondering if any1 could give me advice about scaling or level of difficulty and work for both subjects so i am able to compare...becuase i still havent taken the subjects so i dont really know what the work load is.... :-X
  • Why

Look i think you should do the subjects you enjoy and dont worry about anything else. Too often people do hard subjects thinking it will help due to scaling and what not but do a subject youll enjoy and you will do well!!

Trust me!!

Kristina123
  • thats the problem i like both equally and achieve the same sort of results..
  • Why;

look the decision is up to you

I have not done either of these subjects at HSC level. I completed Biology at uni and i found it very interesting. I would consider it to be the easier of the two options.

i know economics to be very hard.

Maybe you should choose biology in order to give your self a wider range of options when you finish high school.

I dont want to influence your decision but thats my opinion.

Krisitna123
  • ok thank you very much Krestina
  • no worries

its spelt Kristina (you keep spelling it with an e and i hate that :P)

kristina123
  • sorry Krestina :P :P :P :P just teasing..i still love you

does anyone have anymore ideas becasue i have to hand it in tomorrow morning and i still havent made up my mind :'(

to tell the truth, my parents told me that i should read the bible for a long while, whilst putting the two papers each with a subject and pick one out from the bible.

to tell the truth , i dont know why i dont think that that is the smart way to go. what do you guys think?
  • omg i hope that didnt send omg.... sorry back to the topci i think thats a really bad idea thats just as bad as putting 2 names to pik to get married... y din u put it on the alter i know 2 ppl who put their subjects on the alter and they r more than happy with their subjects and also talking to abouna wood b gr8... hay y dont u msg abouna n ask him that wood b gd.

other than that pray and ask God to send and He will but dont pik coz thats just dumb. no affence

+FROG+
  • sorry was was that about sending?

i would rather put it on the altar but as i said i have to hand it in tomorrow :-X
  • [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=board=10;threadid=4025;start=30#msg56639 date=1150893929]
    omg i hope that didnt send omg.... sorry back to the topci i think thats a really bad idea thats just as bad as putting 2 names to pik to get married

Actually I think it's a really good idea, cause there isn't such thing as chance. Going that method shows you put your complete and utter trust in God for him to make the right decision for you.
  • i dont believe in anything called chance because "Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous." there is called hope and there is something called Gods will... but i think the best thing is msg abouna dw bout the tym hed b up if not pray and God will send but i really dont blive in that piking thing... umm that sending thing i accidently sent the pm lol i deleted it though

+FROG+
  • yes i agree with you WMA but the problem is that it is HARD putting UTTER trust in GOD like say he chose subject X but then later through the subject you didnt enjoy it..AND you wanted to take up subject Y...what then?
  • yes i agree with you WMA but the problem is that it is HARD putting UTTER trust in GOD like say he chose subject X but then later through the subject you didnt enjoy it..AND you wanted to take up subject Y...what then?

If the subject does turn out to be something you didn't enjoy, you can be assured in the knowledge that it was the right choice because God made it for you
  • huh...so even though i dont like it, i will contunue it? i disagree with you in that!
  • [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=board=10;threadid=4025;start=30#msg56643 date=1150895256]
    but i really dont blive in that piking thing...

+FROG+

Aren't Pope's chosen in a similar method though?

The Egyptian popes are chosen in quite a different manner to the Conclave of Vatican cardinals. Gathered at the Cairo Cathedral, bishops, members of churches' councils and other religious authorities vote on a list of eligible popes.

After a service, the three names most voted for are written on pieces of paper and deposited in a jar. Then a child is called to take out one of the pieces of paper.

This is done three times and the name that is repeated becomes the chosen one. If there is a draw, the ritual is repeated. "The name of Pope Shenouda came out three times in a row," remarked Aghason.

http://www.brazzilmag.com/content/view/5337/53/ Is this information correct or have I been misled? Apolgoies if I have but I still think it's a good idea
  • Yes popes are chosen in a similar way but ON THE ALTAR in my case it is not on the altar and this is the nly reason i am hesitant to doing this becuase i know that once i pick out a subject i will no longer have a say in what subjects i want to choose!
  • [quote author=why link=board=10;threadid=4025;start=45#msg56646 date=1150895740]
    huh...so even though i dont like it, i will contunue it? i disagree with you in that!

I'm not sure if you should continue or not. But I know regardless of if you do you would have made the right choice by putting your trust in God.
  • [quote author=WMA link=board=10;threadid=4025;start=45#msg56649 date=1150896103]
    [quote author=why link=board=10;threadid=4025;start=45#msg56646 date=1150895740]
    huh...so even though i dont like it, i will contunue it? i disagree with you in that!

I'm not sure if you should continue or not. But I know regardless of if you do you would have made the right choice by putting your trust in God.

oh that was good!! i like it! ;)
  • I have to disagree with the idea of putting the subjects on the altar. I don't have the time to find it now, but I think I posted a quote from H.G. Bishop Moussa on this topic earlier. You should ONLY put choices on the altar for abouna to choose one if both choices are equal and you cannot differentiate betwen them. However, I would suggest that you put the paper on the altar during mass and pray to God to give you guidance and open your eyes to what his will is for you.

I also, want to thank all of you who helped explain to me the admissions system.

On a side note. Why do Australians say "maths" not "math?" At first I thought that it was a typo, but Iqbal also wrote it that way.
  • mathematics..lol just something we have adpated to
  • Hello

Yes we say maths as Why pointed out, short for mathematics (which ends in s).

Anyway Why what subjects did you end up chosing?

I hope you do well and get into law!!!

God Bless You

Kristina123
  • i chose chemistry, biology, legal studies and extension 1 maths and extension 1
    english and probably extension 2 maths in yr 12
  • well enjoy!!!

best of luck and trust me you will use every one of those subjects in your career as a lawyer, dont let anyone tell you otherwise!!

Kristina123
  • thanks heaps guys
  • how many units do you have?
  • i have 12...but only going to be assesed for 10 units..

in yr 12 if i take on 4 u maths i would have 13 units and would most likely drop a 2 Unit Subject because of the workload ;D
  • huh? ??? thats the stupidist thing ud ever do! no affence bcoz as u stated u get marked on 10 units... they take ur best 10 if u only have 10 and bomb out so bad in 1 then ur stuffed... all skools say its preferrable to have mroe than 10... well then dont take up 4 unit if its too much

+FROG+
  • yes not until i am in yr 12 will i decide what i will do. i knew of this danger however no mind has been made up as i am about 300 days away from deciding in regards to yr 12

thanks for your worries anyway
  • 300 days lol haha ur counting... dusnt matter Rabena Yesahel ;)