what do think about this tragic, story?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hey guys. my friend e-mailed me this a few days ago. and it is sooo sad and tragic that i still can't get over it and how a couple young boys can do all that. i want to share it with all of you.... :'(

Do you remember February 1993 when a young 3 yr old
was taken from Liverpool, United Kingdom, by two
10-year-old boys.

Jamie Bulger walked away from his mother for only a
second and Jon Venables took his hand and led him out
of the mall with his friend Robert Thompson.

They took Jamie on a walk for over 2 and a half miles,
Along the way stopping every now and again to torture
the poor little boy who was crying constantly for his
mummy.

Finally they stopped at a railway track where they
brutally kicked him,threw stones at him, rubbed paint
in his eyes and pushed batteries up his anus. It was
actually worse than this . What these two boys did was
so horrendous that Jamie's mother was forbidden to
identify his body.

They then left his beaten small body on the tracks so
a train could run him over to hide the mess they had
created. These two boys, even being boys, understood
what they did was wrong, hence trying to make it look
like an accident.

This week Lady Justice Butler-Sloss has awarded the
two boys anonymity for the rest of their lives when
they leave custody with new identities.

They will also leave early this year only serving just
over half of their sentence. They are being relocated
to Australia to live out the rest of their lives.
(didn't think we were a convict settlement
anymore)

They disgustingly and violently took Jamie's life away
- in return they each get a new life.

what do you think should happen to the boys? what did you think this TRUE story. doesn't it make you feel sorry for that little innocent boy who lost his life at the age of 3??

Comments

• thats horrible how could the judge give them freedom for their acts. they should really still be in jail for what they did. but then again Jesus said forgive and forget. so actually i really don't know if that was really the wrong thing to do.

God Bless and Pray for me
  • Sometimes I wonder at times, how Our Lord Jesus can forgive such people, only if they repent, and also if they were given death penalty, you ought to remember your doing the crime of killing, and you might not even have the chance to repent, let's just say that if you were in charge of controlling the death penalty, and when and to whom to give it to, you have to put yourself in the victim's shoes, because of course you probably have no to time to confess, but say a short prayer, I feel horrible for that 3 year-old child, it's very ---speechless---, I feel bad for the victim's family, but still God forgives everyone, from thieves to murderers to other criminal people!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I can't understand why people have such a big problem with the death penalty. If applied properly it is not unethical. In this case I would say that the 10 year old boys were two young to receive the death penality. They probably knew that what they did was horrible thing, but they are still children and should be treated with some leniency. Have the boys shown remorse for their transgression and apologized to their victim's mother? Also, what have they done to show that they have been reformed? Also, they are now adults. They are now required to be contributing members of society. It would be unwise to release them if they have not gained any skills that will enable them to work and feed themselves. Also, community service should be required for at least their first few years.
  • thatis very very tragic and the do not deserve what they got but at teh same time.....

THEY ARE CHILDREN...and an act at this age cannot forbid them from living the rest of their lives...

i think that their sentence was justifiedby spending 15 or so years and being relocated...

is a good enough sentence....
  • like just think about it...

they have missed out on the most important part of their lives by being in jail...

they have to live with the guilt...

AND THEY WERE JUST CHILDREN>>>GEES>>>CHILDREN!!!!
  • hello?!? children who cares... AUSTRALIA lol watch me push em in the train tracks lol jkz... i bet u any money they are in south australia... do u no where they went? coz south australia Adelaide to be specific is the highest crime rates... u think that story is bad DARN i had this assignment use guys would have a heart attack and die... oooo it was nasty but it was kool... use guys herd of the bodies in barrells? gush u shood read that ud die...

ye but i gess thats pretty sad but ye neway
    +FROG+
  • wow....im speechless.... :o thats so mean to do to a little child like that....god bless all and protect us all.

mary
  • i think since they were only ten, they were probably treated similarly to this from there parents or some kind of family member because what kind of 10 year olds have those horrible ideas to torture people like that. and not just "people" but a 3 year old toddler. they must of had some kind of influence
  • I read in the paper this story a few months ago, and yes, it is truly horendous. I believe they haven't paid the full price of their punishment and sure as hell are not welcomed in this country, as someon said before, we are deffinently NOT a convict settlement!

May God forgvie them for this act, I mean what did their parents teach them? To bash and kill a 3yr old? What's worse is that they were only children themselves.

All we can do is pray for this poor family who have lost their beloved child, but he's up there now with Jesus :'(
  • Thats horrific, and i have heard it in the papers myself.
    It's totally sick and just thinking about it makes me want to yell out of anger. Ok they were kids, but so what? They knew what they were doing because they tried to make it look like an accident. I think the least they deserve is a life sentence. The least. Im going to stop there so I don't have to lash out at anyone.

"Therefore the Lord says, The Lord of hosts the Mighty One of Israel, Ah I will rid myself of my adversaries and take vengeance on my enemies." (Isaiah 1:24)
  • well they are children and at age 10 i dont agree that they were fully aware of what they were doing i mean i dont think that children can be empathetic at that age.

anyway the law treats children differently and so it should they are not adults.

Iam in no way condoning what they did in fact i think its terrible to say the least!

i hope that they have been rehabilitated in gaol and this act is something they will surely never forget!

May God Forgive them and have mercy on them and help the young boys family that died.

Kristina
  • I'm sorry but if they made it look like an accident they knew well what they were doing. I just pray for the poor mother and father that have to live with that agony...
  • The sad part of this story is that even put in prison the hard life in there will onley make them worse.What they did was horrible but the things they will learn in the prison is what im scared of .The violence is in them i just hope it isnt made worse by bein inside.My hope is someone will minister to them about god and they will repent and live a christian life the rest of there days. god bless
  • [quote author=trusting in god link=board=11;threadid=4000;start=0#msg56336 date=1150326276]
    My hope is someone will minister to them about god and they will repent and live a christian life the rest of there days. god bless

umm just on that bit do priests go to the prison? like priests in Sydney... does any1 know? thnx

+FROG+
  • If you think that story is tragic, recently, here in australia a 8yr old little girl was shopping with her uncle and 14yr old brother when she needed to go to the toilet, someone followed her in, raped her and strangled her to death :o She was later found by her brother, naked on the bathroom floor. How depressign is that.

she was EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!!!! what is wrong with some people?

May the lord have mercy
  • OMG that is soo horrible omg that just hurts u wen u hear that... :'( May God forgive them my goodness thats so horrible

+FROG+
  • omg frog where have you been? its been all over the news.

• mayt i liv in my room and no i dont have a tv in my room... lol ive been in my room for the past week many hours working on something so i havnt been watching the news. my goodness its so discraceful also if use have herd about a girl called melissa mayfield she is my friends sister.... she was in her house and about 1am she herd noises in her backyard so she called her friends and at 5am her frends went to her house bcoz she din call back she was 29 yrs old had a 12yr old gal and a 18 month old girl and the 12 yr old girl answered the door so they all looked together and found the mother on the floor beaten and dead and there was all marks around her neck bcoz she was strangled... how scary is that... my gush... its a sad world

+FROG+
  • what? Can you repeat what happened...
  • a 29yr old single mother (my frends sister) at 1am heard a noise in her backyard while the children were sleeping (one is 12 yrs old and the other is 18 months both girls) so the mother rang her friends as she got worried... at 5am since the mother didnt ring back her friends to tell her she was ok they went to her house to check on her so the 12 yr old girl answered the door and the friends and the daughter searched for the mum and she was on the floor in coma with all marks around her neck because she was strangled and she was badly beaten and then she died in hospital... she never woke from the coma though... how freaky is that!

+FROG+
  • who cares get ova it :P
  • 5:38 You have heard that it was said, `An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
    5:39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
    5:40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.

besides i wasnt making a scene out of it... mazza asked me to re-explain it...

+FROG+
  • don't be rude 'why', its a tragic story! Have some sympathy
  • nope to trying to be rude just givning FROG here a taste of her own medicine thats all ;)
  • i din get offended. anyway discussion closed... no affence but u really need to grow up.