suicide

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
hay everyone,
just 2 things... what would you do if your friend that is coptic orthodox came up to you one day and goes he attempted suicide and that he tried to stab himself with a knife? just a bit of help and guidance guys....

also has any1 studied suicide and has good info on it? thanks alot.

please pray 4 him alot

GB ALL
+FROG+

Comments

• just 2 things... what would you do if your friend that is coptic orthodox came up to you one day and goes he attempted suicide and that he tried to stab himself with a knife? just a bit of help and guidance guys....

also has any1 studied suicide and has good info on it? thanks alot.

I would try and remind that person that there are still people in life who love them, such as yourself, who need them etc, and that God loves them, and that it's wrong to commit suicide. I would try and talk to them about what the problem is and try and get them to seek professional help.
  • i told him that and he still dusnt budge after all that and is scared of seeking professional help and watever i tell him he isnt. his life in general is stuffed up alot.
  • if his life has no hope, remind him that he can start of fresh in another place..

speek logically to him and give him facts (as he is a guy) he wants answers...

i recommend that you tell him look...say you killed yourself what then..thats it..NO MORE..But wait a second theres going to be pain, burning an d deceit in hell..while there is an easy way out- put you put your hope and faith in God and confess. THEN START OFF FRESH..if he is at a stage where he is ready to kill himself..i would suggest a move a change in his life. maybe his school, church, house whatever anything that once made him depressed and wanting to kill himself for it will no longer be ther..

i recommend that you provide him verses from the bible both about suicide how its SO WRONG and then confession how it fixes EVERTHING up..
  • he dusnt confess anymore and is moving from God alot nd ive tried it all i need more help guys urgently
  • I can post for about 30 minutes.

With the help of God I will try to help you help him. But please I need to know asap: does he think he does not deserve to be alive, or he has a problem he wants to escape because he knows he cannot handle it, or he thinks God has let him down, or what (or anything else)? In other words, what is the main issue here?
  • wants to escape all the problems in life
  • OK, what seems to be his worse problem?
    we can PM if you want
  • Tell him that we cannot runaway/ escape from our problems, we must face them; and suicide does not solve anything. I read this quote somewhere that said, "Don't tell God how big your problems are, tell your problems how big your God is". And whatever his problems maybe in life, there is no problem big enough that God cannot handle, remember that with God "all things are possible". The main thing that messes up our life, is the absence of God, once he fixes his relationship with God, and has God once again in his life, their will be no feeling of hopelessness, because Christ is our hope. Also, Christ shed His precious blood for us so that we may have LIFE, if He suffered so much so that we may have this chance, it would be very rude if we reject this gift that He gave us, and take this life that He gave us away. Also, don't be a Judas (no hope), be a Peter :)
  • PrincessMary really gave vital information. Peter regretted and was forgiven, but Judas regretted and committed suicide. If you need help talk to Abouna.
  • He needs a healthy dose of church. Then talking to abuna. Then a group discution on something.

PS: What he has done is a huge sin and if he killes himseelf it is eternal damnation.
  • Bespetna is correct because once you are forgiven, you can warn others just in case they are thinking of doing it and try to bring them to Abouna and church and bring them closer to Christ or Paradise for them will be gone because killing yourself will not make you live in Paradise.
  • If he actually has attempted suicide and does not want to seek help himself (which is usually the case) then it is your duty to get him help yourself. This is one case in which you should break confidence and tell someone because you cannot handle this yourself and it is a matter of life and death. If he has good and loving parents, you need to tell them so that they can help him. If his parents are part of the problem then enlist Abouna or some adult he trusts to try to help him. He is depressed and should get professional help.
  • Professional help is needed for ALL suicide bombers. Abouna can be considered professional help. How about parents and the Bible?
  • thanks alot guys for your help... God has sent all His help my way... im going to talk to him tonight and also abouna... thanks alot guys really...

just please keep praying for him
    +FROG+