whah would've happened?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
what would've happened if the devil didn't fell and wanted to be like god? i know this might sound childish but it came up in my head yesterday!

GBU
sandra

Comments

• We'd have an evil world without no love or care, and it would be dark!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • if he DIDN'T fell! like if he was still an angel? :-X

GBU
    sandra
  • there would be no sin, but would we exist? bc the devil fell b4 creation of mankind
  • mtanious32: i think we will exsist even if the devil was still an angel because god created us because he loves us not because the devil fall.so in both cases we would have been created.
    as for the world, i think will still be living in the garden with god with no sin.but the question is :will all of us will have the same mansion,or it will differ according to our love to god? and how can we prove that love?
  • Then Adam and Eve probably would not have eaten of the forbidden fruit, which means no fall, no sin, no death.

If there was no sin and no death, Christ would not have needed to become a man and die and rise again.

But St Maximos the Confessor held that God would nevertheless want to unite Himself with His creation by becoming a man.
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=1;threadid=3924;start=0#msg55208 date=1148261502]
    We'd have an evil world without no love or care, and it would be dark!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

I disagree with you on that one .........if the devil never fell then sin would have never been introuduced and we would still be with Adam and Eve in Paradise..........However I think that God would have created mankind even if the devil didnot fall.but that last line is only my theory
  • this is getting alittle bit messed up in my mind here..didn't the devil fall BEFORE we were created? so if the devil didn't fall we won't be here! right?? :-\

GBU
    sandra
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=1;threadid=3924;start=0#msg55302 date=1148412138]
    didn't the devil fall BEFORE we were created? so if the devil didn't fall we won't be here! right?? :-\

I don't see how you reach that conclusion.

Yes, the devil fell before we were created, but there is nothing that says we were created because the devil fell.

Even if he hadn't fallen, God would still have created man.
  • How can we reach any conclusion to if we would be on earth or not on earth had the devil not falled....it is impossible, and i think it is best as humans to try to stop trying to figure out God's mindset, because we will never know and nothing will ever be solved
  • i am sorry if i made up that conclusion and made some of u get confused or anything but it just popped up in my mind and i thought that was why we were created.

GBU
    sandra