How to:

edited June 2004 in Technical Topics
Hey tasbeha.org team,
I have a pic. of a miracle saved on my computer, but it doesn't exist on a website, so is there any way to post it? Thanks and God Bless your work.

Comments

• Banoub, maybe you could sign up for a free host such as tripod and upload the picture there? That’s what I would do.
  • Thanks for the reply Mark, but the Tasbeha.org team has added the attach box to each post box so I have successfully posted the picture under General Discussion : A Breathtaking Miracle.
  • Tasbeha.org team or anyone who knows,
    When the admins. post a hyperlink, you guys change the title of the hyperlink. How do you guys do that?

Thanks,
    - Chris
  • lol. I know you can do it man, but how??! lol, its driving me nuts. I feel like I'm left out. Everyone knows how except me lol.

- Chris
  • Okay Chris I got it! Here is what you need to do…

I’m not sure if you are familiar with html where the code is
    <a href=”http://www.blahblah.com”>Blah</a> it’s basically the same only you use url instead of a href and you use url for the closing tag as well.

So it will be <url=http://www.blahblah.com>Blah</url>; the only difference is this YaBB dosen’t recognize these symbols <> instead it uses brackets. {} those… only don’t press shift. So to sum that all up…

[url=http://www.insertwebpagehere.com}Insert Desired Text{/url}

If you type that you will get what you are looking for. Just make sure that you don’t press shift when you use these {}, it is the symbol that is shared with that key. If I’m confusing you send me a private message.
  • [quote author=Banoub link=board=5;threadid=208;start=0#msg4694 date=1088133704]
    lol. I know you can do it man, but how??! lol, its driving me nuts. I feel like I'm left out. Everyone knows how except me lol.

- Chris

I wasn’t taunting you or anything I just wanted to see if I knew how to do it. I wasn’t too sure, I had to play around a little…
  • lol yea i know no taunting, it was just funny.

thanks. u take an html class or something? that's pretty knowledgable stuff right there.

Thanks again,
    -Chris
  • Nope I taught myself. It's not too difficult actually… you just learn the basics and its common sense after that. But DHTML, that’s hard stuff because I can’t remember all the java scripts.

Do you get it now though? Try it out...
  • okay...

[url=http://www.insert_url_here.com}Insert Desired Text{/url}

everytime you see { replace that with [ and every time you see } replace that with ]

where is says "insert url here" put the link and where it says "insert text" put what you want it to say.
  • yeaaaaa...thanks mark so much!!
  • Mark..i was really wondering, how did u get that picture of Jesus into your signiture.. the getto version of html that YaBB uses? do you have the picture as a source from another site? i'm really curious about that one.

I'm getting just a littttle hinch your good with computers...
  • [quote author=Paulh link=board=5;threadid=208;start=0#msg5285 date=1088400759]
    Mark..i was really wondering, how did u get that picture of Jesus into your signiture.. the getto version of html that YaBB uses? do you have the picture as a source from another site? i'm really curious about that one.

I'm getting just a littttle hinch your good with computers...

i sent you a private message. :)
  • I have a question, how can you create a subpage that doesn't show on the Nav I mean I wanna put in the Pictures Page one thumbnale for each category that when people click them they'd show all the pics for that category in a new page

Hey Mark, no fair, I wanna know how, too, man!!

Mike
  • [quote author=Epsaltos Michael link=board=5;threadid=208;start=15#msg5520 date=1088551571]
    I have a question, how can you create a subpage that doesn't show on the Nav I mean I wanna put in the Pictures Page one thumbnale for each category that when people click them they'd show all the pics for that category in a new page
    Mike

Your request is very confusing and I’m not sure exactly what you are asking but I thiiiiink I have some idea.

You need a target. If you are using frames make the target the frameset that you want the page to load in. if you are not using frames use a "blank" target.
  • tasbeha.org rely i dont no how to do it ???

/
    mahareel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ