Lots of people at school are fighting, cuz of me

edited May 2006 in Youth Corner
i am sad , okay heres how it went i was really angry with some one so i told my friend what that person had said about her..... with lots of exxageration ,we decided not to be friends with her . Then other people found out and got involoved and she started crying, and their was a lot of bad words involved and i've lied and said some things im really not proud of.Some people r making fun of her cuz of what i told them and it spread, people took sides ......mine although i told em all to stay out of it If i could go back in time i would have just let it go without tellin anyone. but i cant go back in time, i wasnt thinkin when i did that i'll apoligize to her tomm. and try to calm everyone down other then that what can i do ? I feel terrible i am the only one with heavy concionse and i feel so guilty and terrible. I am ashamed to confess and iv never done it before !! :( :( one other thing ,does God punish people on earth for things like that aka give em whats comin

mary

Comments

• You should apologize to the girl and set everything straight and try to become this girls friend or something closely related whatever seems fit for you. Then do not be embarraseed to confess about this, because confession is only between you and Abouna and Abouna does not tell anyone else and he will not think differently of you because he has most likely heard something done 100x worse then this and Abouna does not keep a notepad with the sins we have committed so don't feel ashamed. Finally, God is merciful and only if you let this go unrecognized will you get KARMA(you get what's coming to you) I hope this was in time and helped...good luc kwith everything and pray to God for help and everything else you need
  • i couldnt have put it better myself :D
  • Thanks guys ;D ill try to set it straight ,i ignored her today cuz i didnt feel like to taking to her i probably would of gotten even madder at her, she makes real hard to apoligize to and isn;t a gr8 friend she's russian and thinks shes ruler of everyone she lies about everything, says too many bad words and talks behind my back . the hardest thing will be confessing, espically on the first time and all this !!!! :o When i confess am i gonna have to go into detail w/ abouna or what do i say.while im writing about this i might as well ask... I dont remember every bad thing ive ever done so that mean i wont be forgiven ?

luv
    mary
    thanks much
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=board=13;threadid=3810;start=0#msg53970 date=1146695083]
    she lies about everything, says too many bad words and talks behind my back

Isn't that what you've just done to her? Exaggerating is lyring, and it was behind her back was it not?

So I'd say you're pretty much even. I know apologising for things like that is difficult since it means you have to swallow your pride, so a prayer to give you the courage might help.

I dont remember every bad thing ive ever done so that mean i wont be forgiven ?

Of course not. You will only be expected to confess what you remember. But if you withhold something deliberately, this makes the sin even worse.

Just be as honest as possible and remember confession is there to help you deal with your problems, its not there as a punishment, so don't be frightened about it.
  • Ur right about the lying part i guess i didnt think of that, i told her that i didnt want to hang out with her and i said everything that i didnt like about her to her face, but she goes behind my back . but u r right ive swooped down to her level thank uuuuuuuu soooooooo much for bringin that to my attention. thank u also about the confession thing, im more relaxed about it but will i have to go into detail about everything like do i have to tell him " oh abouna i started about saying stuff about some one and told ppl she eats cat food and .....blablalbla .' or what can i say
    mary
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=board=13;threadid=3810;start=0#msg53975 date=1146698256]
    but will i have to go into detail about everything like do i have to tell him " oh abouna i started about saying stuff about some one and told ppl she eats cat food and .....blablalbla .' or what can i say

Like I said, you should be as honest as possible, but that doesn't mean you have to mention every minute detail. It is probably enough to say "I talked badly about her behind her back", you don't have to mention exactly what you said - I'm pretty sure Abouna's heard it all before.
  • gotta confess

• trust your feelings and they will tell what to do.
    i belive agologizing is the best thing to do! :)
  • I guess but umm eh funny story (not really) she wont talk to me or even give me a chance (i dont blame her) Maybe i can write her a note and slip it in her locker. But thank uuuuu soooooo much for everything u dont know how much that helped me and gave me direction.

luv
    mary
  • hey no problems. by the way, if u have problems with confessing and feel embarrased, think of it this way: if u confess to abouna you confess in front of God and one person. but if u conceal it, on Judgement Day, God will reveal that sin before the whole of the human race, those living and those who are dead
  • Proverbs 18:19 (King James Version)

19A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.

From
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=proverbs 18:19;&version=9;

Is the verse maybe relevant?
    Even if it is maybe its not the time to let you know of this verse..

You have to do all you can to get her forgiveness but some people still will not forgive sometimes.. God will forgive you if you do what
    you can..

Am I right?