Favourite Bible Verse Pertaining to the RESERRECTION and beyond

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Hey everyone i know that Holy week has past and now we are in the feast of the reserrection. Now i want to start the same forum for the RESERRECION as i did for HOLY WEEK.

So my favourite RESERRECTION verse is:

[center]Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." - John 2:19[/center]

I look warward to reading your fav verses too.

Comments

• Wow, I like A LOT of them..but here's some I suppose..

"He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquites: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray...He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth..."
    Isaiah 53:5-7

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himiself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.'"
    Matthew 16:24-25

"Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, 'Eli, Eli, lama sabachtani?' That is, 'My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?'"
    Matthew 27:45

"And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. Then said Jesus, 'Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.' And they parted his raiment, and cast lots."
    Luke 23:33-34

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
    John 16:33

And there's sooo many more..
  • "all power in heavn and earth has been given to me" is my fave ;)
  • Interesting...

I just wanted to say to ServantOfJesus, no offence but those verses dont exactly do with the resurrection. they more pertain to holy week.
  • Oh, I misinterpreted your question..I thought you meant Resurrection/Holy Week..but who cares? Holy Week is the glory of Resurrection, is it not?