The Love chapter *1Co 13*

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
i have a bible Q,

in 1Corinthians chapter 13

the last couple of verses:

11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

i dont get what is the point of this?

does it mean we will know as much as God? (just asking)

on there:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Co 13&version=31

Comments

• no i think it means that you know wht is right frin wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,,and you know more than child does you'r grown in mind too you understand the bible more
    (i think)
  • [glow=red,2,300]I think[/glow] it might mean that you will grow up over time and maybe regret things that you did. Cuase it says that you see a poor reflection.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • i agree with copticchica21
  • A grown man differs from a child in one great respect; his perception and maturity on the things in life. There is a greater clairvoyance that befalls the older man because he sees much more then child could ever see, with greater wisdom. Hence, "I put childish ways behind me". Such evolution is not merely reflective of the physical and mental progression, but furthermore of the spiritual man.

As austerely as one may strive to become sons of the most High, we are still but children in our spirituality. When the time comes in which Christ appears to judge the world; when we are regeneratively allotted the expected glorified bodies; it is then that we will see who Christ truly is "face to face". We shall see the full glory of Christ and the full extravagance of His spirit that lives within us. As a Christian you most certain have felt the joy of Christ in spurts of life’s existential thread.....yet, you have only seen the reflection of His image “as if in a mirror”. What perpetual rapture and unfathomed bliss then, truly await us when we see Him face to face and comprehend the works of His hands He has accomplished in our temporal existence?

God bless you.