Favorite Hymn

edited March 2006 in Random Issues
So, I was wondering if you guys had a favorite hymn. I was just wondering if we could all share that and then tell why and when this song is sung. This will familiarize lots of people with hymns and the times we can sing them. You can always repeat things if necessary, especially if someone missed something and if you want to add something. Also, you don't have to post all of your favorite hymns because I know that I have more than one or two. Just post the ones that you honestly think are your favorites. It's ok if you post more than one though or anything like that. I'm just saying that it's ok to post a few of your favorite and not all of them. It's your choice.

I personally really like Pi-oik and Asomen.

Asomen is such a nice hymn and it so peaceful and joyful. We sing it during pentecost. It's just so nice to hear and stuff. It's usually sung during communion. It's a nice piece and I really like the words.

Pi-oik is really cool becuase it's like a "different" tune than normal in a way. I like the way you hear it and the words in Coptic. Usually it's sung in communion all year round unless there is a lent or something, I think, and you have to sing a different communion song. It's sung after Psalm 150 in communion. It's a good song to listen to and to know.

Good luck

love lots,
CopticChica21

[glow=red,2,300]oh by the way, I don't know if I should have put this topic in Hymns Discussion becasue I thought that was where we asked to find hymns.[/glow]
:-[

Comments

• i have alot of favorite hymns but i like tai shori(my most most favortie one) then ikoty(second favorite one) and alot more..

GBU
    sandra
  • Oh, cool. Those are really good too. I don't know all of Ikoty. I was just wondering how come they are your favorite.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • i just love them..out of no where you can find me singing those 2 hymns..i am trying to memorize all of ikoty english and coptic, becaus now i only know like half of it in coptic.

GBU
    sandra
  • i just love them

I can understand that. I really love Pioik and Asomen too. Good luck memorizing them. If you need help finding them, let me know.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • My favorite hymns are Golgotha and H-Aghapi. They're so peaceful and relaxing. Too bad we only sing Goglotha once a year during Good Friday. I love the one that's available on this website by Elshahid Abu Fam because the introduction is so cool, but too bad i don't know what he is saying because it's in arabic. I love the hymn Golgotha so much, I even put it as my ringtone. ;D
  • I love Asomen, Ikoty, Gholgotha, Afrek, Agios, Apenchois, Khristos Anisti-Long Version, Atai Parthenos, Rashne, Ispateer, Tai Shori, Hiten, Epouro, Apazeste, Omoni na, Pi Ehmot Ghar, Eflogemanos, Shani Rompe, Ekasmarout, Ton Sina, those are just some of my favorites!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • CopticServent, WOW! Ok, I was wondering if there was a reason those were some of your favorites. I really like a lot of those too. IF you wouldn't mind, could you tell us how come they are your favorites.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • I think they have such a very nice tone and feeling inside, on special occasions we sing them with joy, I know what some of them mean, and that's why I love to sing them, if they are my favorites I have to practice them so I can get better and better at them!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Those hymns are good too.
    My favorites are anual Tasbeha, especially Khen oushot Lipon and Marenousht
  • I agree with you, CopticServent that the tune matters and I also like that feeling as well.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • eh dah, eh dah kol dah ya coptic servant//// :o sebtelna entah eh ba2a ya 3am nekhtar menoh?? :) bahazar tab3an. i personally like khen oshot, o kereyos, aripsaleen,
    psalm 150 (kiahky), eflogemenos, lahn el baraka, asomen tab3an, apenchoice, je peniout etkhen.. (holy lent), ari pamevi, and many more.

the reason i like these hymns is because when i meditate and focus on the words they contain, i feel like i'm really talking to all those who are in heaven.

especially ari pamevi... if you think about it, you are asking God with all your heart and all that's within you to have a share in heaven. so you can finally meet HIS Majesty and meet Om El Noor and all the saints and martyrs who died for His Holy Name.
  • [quote author=filobateer link=board=11;threadid=3560;start=0#msg51671 date=1143925051]
    eh dah, eh dah kol dah ya coptic servant//// :o sebtelna entah eh ba2a ya 3am nekhtar menoh?? :) bahazar tab3an.

I just love hymns, I do love to meditate, it's awesome, and plus, they help you relax, when your frustrated, ya filbateer, ana baheb koley taraneem, heleween awie!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • sada2ny entah sa7. ana fe3lan lama bakoon medaye2 awo 7atah far7an, mabala2eesh ay ta3zyeah or celebration elah fel taraneem wel alhan. da anah fee fatrah delwa2ti that i
    can't stand to listen to ay no3 min el aghany. ???
    hymns rock!! ;D
  • I'm glad you feel that way, they do help you to calm down when your stressed out or frustrated, almost any masri yells any where they go, I don't know why, I think all should give a chance to listen to taraneem, agany is just a waste of time, it depends if the song your listening to is calm or not!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Golgotha is a definite!!!! I can't wait untill Great Friday!
  • lol. i can kinda wait. its really way to sad, but its really cool

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • teno osht the great definitly! :)
  • i would have to say i love all the hymns of the church but my absolute favorite hymns are from holy week like Ke eperto, Pekethronos, Golgotha to name a few. i love the Pascha hymns so much because they lift you up to heaven and it feels like you are in front of God and never want the hymn to end.
  • I like golgotha and aspazaste. Again Holy Week.
  • my favourite is golgotha, eporou and o kirios

the best!!! ;D
  • Just a random question, but how come you guys are in love wit things from like the PAssion WeeK>

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • I love these hymns because it feels like you are lifted up to heaven and you are right in front of Jesus Christ on the cross begging him to forgive us our sins and to remember us in his Kingdom.
  • wow WHAT a great answer

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • One more week guys!!!! till Golgotha.. cant wait!
  • I know. I am really happy that Holy Week is here and we can finally "be with God." I'm excited too. YAY. but its sad too

love lots,
    CopticChica21