Just like to share this story

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Its a miracle of Pope Kyrillos.
Basically, Pope Kyrillos appeared in a dream to this woman, whose grandmother had had nightmares all her life. He told her she should go and be baptised so that the nightmares would stop. She said her grandma was already baptised, but Pope Kyrillos said it was by sprinkling, and not by the proper way of immersion. The woman wakes up and tells her grandma. Her grandma is amazed and agrees to Pope Kyrillos' order. She goes and gets baptised.

Ithink this is certain proof that

a) one must be baptised.
b) one must be baptised the proper way i.e. immersion.

Any thoughts/comments?

Comments

• here is a great article by H.H. Pope Shenouda III that deals with the sacrament of baptism...

http://coptichymns.net/pagesetter-viewpub-tid-1-pid-7.html

and although what you said is true (both the need and method of baptism), what we tend to overlook is what baptism actually does...our rebirth through Christ, obtaining the holy spirit and the washing away of our old sins...

but remember, just because you are baptized doesnt necessarily mean that you will attain the heavenly kingdom...our God is a just God and im sure He will treat every situation justly....

im not sure of the exact story...but its of this woman who was on her way to get her baby baptized while on a boat...they go through a bad storm to the point where they think they're going to die and in order to make sure that her baby is baptized...she, herself, ends up baptizing the baby with the water of the see and her own blood...eventually the storm calms and they make it to the church, while the priest is trying to baptize the baby by immersing him...the water hardens, the priest does this three times before the mother then tells him of what had happened prior...

in my opinion...this is one of the churchs greatest sacraments…there could never be enough said about baptism…

• nice post agaate! :D ;) :D
  • thats a really cool story and i think that god was maybe sending her a message bceuase he knew she was good all her life and now she didnt know that she had missed something important
  • I had a similar story of Pope Kyrillos whenhe was giving communion in a different church and a girl came to take the communion.....now when the priest was about to give the blessing of the communion......pope kyrillos said not to and he said to the priest not to give her communion..then the priest replied by saying that no no pope kyrillos .i know those people and she is a church person and she didnot do anything wrong......then Pope Kyrillos told him that her parents never baptised her and she is 22 years old....so her parents confessed that they always wanted to wait when it is St. Demyana holiday that they want to baptise her under her name but every year passed by and they always forgot
  • thats a very beautiful and symbolic story..thanks for that...

it is great to see how two people (households) alike both the same in dignity...yet one will be saved and the other will not...the difference is because our parents took the confession for us when we were small and grew up in this great atmosphere....

WE ARE LUCKY..but what saddens me is that i take it for granted and do not grab my opportunity of a lifetime...
  • that story is wicked and it really shows how Pope Kyrillos had a sense of knowing hidden things which God gave him. :)
  • im confused. ( about the story)

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • cool story! explain more! ;)
  • thats a really good modern story...

im happy to hear that moracles are still being performed all over the world...so Gods name could spread and make people believe..
  • [quote author=nene107 link=board=13;threadid=3266;start=0#msg52650 date=1145054957]

I think thats the story, im pretty sure thats it but if not socoolbishoy can correct me since he heard it with me..

LOL... I heard what you heard... lol... so it seems pretty right!
  • Hey people,
    i have another pope Kyrillos story, the ending is kind of funny. Well you all know how close pope Kyrillos was and still is to St mina. Well people would always ask him like, "sayedna i have a problem can you ask st mina to help" and he would send him. So one day these two ladies are walking to towards the pope. And one yells out "sayedna i have blah blah blah problem (forgot wat it was exactly) can u send st mina" and he says ok. Then the woman with her jokingly shouted "ya sayedna me too send him to me too." So that night she goes to sleep and in her room theres a bright light that wakes her up. And she sees a man in armor sitting on the edge of her bed and she gets extremely afraid and doestn know who it is. So she hides under the covers and falls asleep. The next day she passes by and sayedna sees her and says "I sent you the man, and you just leave him sitting there all night? i mean you could have talked to him or something"
    lol
    ya so she figured out it was st mina
  • [quote author=nene107 link=board=13;threadid=3266;start=0#msg51078 date=1143347913]
    I love Pope Kyrillos!!!

Did u guys ever hear the story where a Christian family was away and they told their neighbors (muslim) to watch their place.. something like that.. and i dont know the exact story, but they put his pic under the bed, and he appeared and told them "mosh eeb te hoto el doyouf taht el serir?"

Something like that, someone please correct me, i forgot the exact story..

This is how the story goes:
    There are these 2 neighbors, 1 christian family and 1 muslim family, and the wife of each family are close friends, so the wife of the christian family told the wife of the muslim family that they are going out of town and would like for the wife of the muslim family to take a picture of Pope Kyrillos and frame it, and they were expecting it back, but the christian family will be out of town, so the christian wife wanted the muslim wife to take the frame from the guy at the store, because they didn't want it to become mixed up with the other framed pictures, so the muslim husband is very strict, and whenever he sees a christian he wants to start an argument about anything, so the wife wanted to hide the picture before her husband comes back from where he was so she had a son who was paralyzed and of course he can't move so she hid the picture under his bed, than at night Pope Kyrillos appeared to her son and told him, "go knock on your parents door and tell them it's not nice to put guests on the floor" lol, so the boy went to his parents bedroom, he walked, even though he was paralyzed before, and knocked on his parents bedroom door, than he came in and he said this guy told me to tell you it's not nice to put the guests on the floor, so the muslim guy kept the picture of Pope Kyrillos in his living room and the picture had never left his house from that time till now, and each one of his friends if they saw that picture they would ask him, who's that, and he would reply that's Pope Kyrillos, he was the one that healed my son!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • lol :D
  • Oh wow nene I just saw your post now... Thats my church!! Yess the woman was baptized... both her and her daughter... I see them every know and then too...
  • here u go guys:

A woman came out of her house and saw 3 old men with
    long white beards sitting in her front yard. She did not recognize
    them. She said "I don't think I know you, but you must be hungry.
    Please come in and have something to eat."

"Is the man of the house home?", they asked.

"No," she said, "he's out."

"Then we cannot come in," they replied.

In the evening when her husband came home,
    she told him what had happened.

"Go tell them I am home and invite them in!"

The woman went out and invited the men in.

"We do not go into a house together," they replied.

"Why is that?" she wanted to know.

One of the old men explained, "His name is Wealth," he said
    pointing to one of his friends and said pointing to another one,
    "He is Success, and I am Love."

Then he added,"Now go in and discuss with your husband which
    one of us you want in your home."

The woman went in and told her husband what was said.
    Her husband was overjoyed.

"How nice!!", he said. "Since that is the case, let us invite Wealth.
    Let him come and fill our home with wealth!"

His wife disagreed. "My dear, why don't we invite Success?"

Their daughter-in-law was listening from the other corner of the
    house. She jumped in with her own suggestion,

"Would it not be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled
    with love!"

"Let us heed our daughter-in-law's advice," said the
    husband to his wife. "Go out and invite Love to be our guest."

The woman went out and asked the 3 old men, "Which one of
    you is Love? Please come in and be our guest."

Love got up and started walking toward the house. The other 2
    also got up and followed him. Surprised, the lady asked Wealth
    and Success, "I only invited Love, Why are you coming in?"

The old men replied together, "If you had invited Wealth or
    Success, the other two of us would've stayed out, but since you
    invited Love, wherever he goes, we go with him. Wherever there is
    Love, there is also Wealth and Success!!!!!!"

god bless ;)
  • Oh, I got the story on email josephgabriel, I love it soooooo soooooo much, it was a great story, and nene I loved the spanish lady story and CopticPete that was an awesome story it's so funny, I love Pope Kyrillos, he is my favorite! I have like 3 other Pope Kyrillos Miracles if anyone wants them I can send a reply so you can check them out~

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • k lets have the stories :D
  • Here you go, 3 of them including the christian and muslim families-
    1st Miracle-There are these 2 neighbors, 1 christian family and 1 muslim family, and the wife of each family are close friends, so the wife of the christian family told the wife of the muslim family that they are going out of town and would like for the wife of the muslim family to take a picture of Pope Kyrillos and frame it, and they were expecting it back, but the christian family will be out of town, so the christian wife wanted the muslim wife to take the frame from the guy at the store, because they didn't want it to become mixed up with the other framed pictures, so the muslim husband is very strict, and whenever he sees a christian he wants to start an argument about anything, so the wife wanted to hide the picture before her husband comes back from where he was so she had a son who was paralyzed and of course he can't move so she hid the picture under his bed, than at night Pope Kyrillos appeared to her son and told him, "go knock on your parents door and tell them it's not nice to put guests on the floor" lol, so the boy went to his parents bedroom, he walked, even though he was paralyzed before, and knocked on his parents bedroom door, than he came in and he said this guy told me to tell you it's not nice to put the guests on the floor, so the muslim guy kept the picture of Pope Kyrillos in his living room and the picture had never left his house from that time till now, and each one of his friends if they saw that picture they would ask him, who's that, and he would reply that's Pope Kyrillos, he was the one that healed my son!

2nd Miracle-An old lady and her son live together, they are christians, and when her son would leave for work, the old lady would go shopping, so there were burgulars that waited till the old lady left her home, so they went in, than Pope Kyrillos appeared to them, and then he saw the burgulars than made them sit down on the couch and started hitting them with his stick, lol, the old lady has a picture of Pope Kyrillos in the living room, than the old lady came home saw the burgulars on the couch so she asked what happened, or something like that, don't remember, but the burgulars answered and said, this guy (pointing at the picture of Pope Kyrillos) seated us and hit us with his stick!

3rd Miracle-An animal like a leopard, I think came up to Pope Kyrillos in his mill, and of course he was alone and it was late at night so the leopard came up to Pope Kyrillos while he was praying, and leopard is looking for some meat to eat, whether it was human or its prey, so Pope Kyrillos did the sign of the cross and then the leopard cuddled up to him, Pope Kyrillos was very very brave, to let a carboviore near him looking for meat, and every morning the leopard would come drink tea with Pope Kyrillos, he would ask him would you like some tea, and he would drink with Pope Kyrillos, and Pope Kyrillos would pour the tea in the 2 cups! May the Blessing of St. Mary, Pope Kyrillos, St. Mina, and all the saints be with us, Amen!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I have another miracle done by Pope Kyrillos, this one is AMAZING~
    Miracle-People from around the world came and visited H. H. Pope Kyrillos VI, so he knew who they were and what their names are, so he would say come here kaza...kaza, so you can leave early and don't miss your train, because that was basicly the most common transportation back then, so a guy full of drugs in his pockets, was about to kiss H. H.'s hand, but Pope Kyrillos knew that he had drugs in his pocket, so Pope Kyrillos told him that you can't take a blessing or something relevant to that, before you get rid of what you have in your pocket, so the guy went and gave it to a random guy on the street and then the guy went back in line, so he got to take the blessing from Pope Kyrillos, but I think it was the next day and the police came to the guy's house, they were searching for drugs by the way, but he didn't have any in his house, because remember he gave the drugs to the random guy on the street, so really Pope Kyrillos saved him from being caught red-handed! If you have any difficulties make sure to ask your intercessioner or even Pope Kyrillos for prayers, because Pope Kyrillos is called the Man of Prayers!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ty! nice stories. ill send mine soon
  • Anytime, glad you enjoyed them!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • here you go guys:
    The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box.

"There are 5 things you need to know," he told the pencil, "Before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be."

"One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in Someone's hand."

"Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you'll need it to become a better pencil."

"Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make."

"Four: The most important part of you will always be what's inside."

"And Five: On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark. No matter what the condition, you must continue to write."

The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart.

Now replacing the place of the pencil with you.

Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.

One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in God's hand. And allow other human beings to access you for the many gifts you possess.

Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, by going through various problems in life, but you'll need it to become a stronger person.

Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.

Four: The most important part of you will always be what's on the inside.

And Five: On every surface you walk through, you must leave your mark. No matter what the situation, you must continue to do your duties.

Allow this parable on the pencil to encourage you to know that you are a special person and only you can fulfill the purpose to which you were born to accomplish.

Never allow yourself to get discouraged and think that your life is insignificant and cannot make a change.

;)
  • Aww that was soo sweet...