Homosexual question?

i have a question regarding homosexuals, are they born the way they are or is it a learned characteristic? I think they were borm that way because how can a person just learn to love a person of the same sex. Also, if they were born that way, isn't that kinda unfair for their afterlife since its a one way ticket to satan. This question came up in Psychology class today and i was kind of speechless...

Comments

• Hey Nader!
    Okay well I have this book, and here's what it says about your question.

Are people born homosexual?
    Leviticus 20:13 - The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have committed a detestable act and are guilty of a capital offense.
    -It would be contrary to God's character for him to create a person to be homosexual when his laws call for death because of it.

If people aren't born homosexual, then where do these feelings come from?
    Romans 1:21-24 - They knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. The result was that their minds became dark and confused...So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies.
    - Sin causes unnatrual feelings within us. Only by staying close to God on a daily basis can we overcome the temptations that constantly face us.

Pray for me.
  • wow, thanks alot, what's that book called. What kind of sin makes you want to be homosexual, like everyone sins, but everyone isnt gay. Is there also proof outside the bible so i can give a good argument to my psychology teacher, because honestly, i still don't see how people can just turn into a homosexual and i dont think my teacher would take me seriously if i just give him an argument from the bible.
  • I really like that asnwer. Yeah, whats that book called?

love lots,
    CopticChica21

ps. if u need more, lemme know
  • hey, thanks alot, i just taled to a very helpful friend of mine and he was able to explain it to me, and i pretty much agree with him, anyways here is what i got from him

Babies are not born loving people, their parents win their love by loving them first. Love is something one develops through their surroundings, enviroment, and society. Like, take the case of an isolated, abused child(like locked in the house and never communicating with anyone), they never loved anyone, they never learned the true value of love. Anyways, attraction to the opposite sex comes in our adolescent years, its natural, and we as christians restrain these urges and focus on the christian life and learn to love God, the one who truly loved us first (besides, would we really love God if he didnt love us). What causes a person to feel attracted to the same sex, although its not in our nature to do so, is some past event or experience that causes them to turn towards the wrong direction. People react to the same things differently and thats y there are some people who turned gay. these past expereinces can also explain why one may be a murder or a rapist (aside from psychological/mental conditions), it's just the way people react to different things.

so there's my friends two cents on the topic which cleared up alot of things for me, ihope it can clear up some things for people who were wondering about the same topic/ question. Also if you have an arguement against this thesis, i would love to hear another side of the arguement.

god bless you all and thanks for your help

ps. i still want to know the name of that book :)
  • i think homosexuals are born that way. Because they probably don't know that they are attracted to the same sex and they might even deny it until they realize that they like someone who is the same sex. But i have a question, is it ok to have a bi-sexual/gay friend?????
  • This topic was also discusssed not too long ago. I believe you will find some interesting responses to your question. Please check out the forum enitled "Homosexuality, bilogical?" at http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=3357;start=msg49214#msg49214
  • [quote author=egyptianorthobeaut link=board=4;threadid=3599;start=0#msg51962 date=1144203441]
    But i have a question, is it ok to have a bi-sexual/gay friend?????

personally, i don't find anything wrong with it, but i don't think the relationship would last long due to contrasting philosophies. Also becareful when you befriend them that you dont get descenitized to their un-christian like lifestyle, if anything you try to convert them, although that may cause a lot of trouble with people our age so i dont really reccomend it till much later when you have enough christian background to prove your arguement. Jesus ate with thieves and sinners and he's our role model.