Affects

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Do you think acting has an affect on us? Do you believe that acting is like your actually going through that situation, like when you do a play or something or for Drama Club, and such, but do you believe that all of a sudden acting is just ridiculous sometimes, like they all teach us this non-sense, useless language and such or they might have a bad influence on someone or something, and such, but I'm sorry if this is already a thread on this!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• CopticServent. I don't throughly get the situation, but I can tell you that sometimes acting is not that great. I think that sometimes it influences you a little more than it is meant to. I mean that if you act to pull a prank on your friends, like in this one show I watched. It could lead to a little more drama that you would expect. I would say just stay away from it if you think your friends could get hurt by it, but actors that are actually actors. Well, it's their job so I don't see a bad thing on that becasue I'm pretty sure that they know their limits and things compared on who they are to the role they are taking. Like, they would never take a role against their religion. I hope that helped. If you could clear it up that would be great. Sorry.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • I don't think acting is wrong, as long as you act for good and not for evil. You can act to bring people closer to God which is a good thing, however, you can also act to trick people by lying.
    GB.
  • acting is amazing... but like everything else it has its down falls... like some people take on a role... and live it, and it almost becomes their personality... you can call it their new personality...lol and thats because their brain is just use to being that person... or rather character...
  • if ur going to act leave the character and script at the studio and don't make it part of ur everyday life 'coz if u do it will turn to fibbing and soon u'll be a pro at lieing. so be careful
  • Do any of you believe that sometimes the television can change everybody's life, I mean it teaches us sometimes bad things or shows us and makes us be influenced badly?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Your right nene0587, I agree with you on some parts, but at the same time I sort of disagree, it's not that entertaining, unless the veiwer thinks it is, I watch tv, but not all the time, I believe the most entertaining system is of course reading the Bible, and going to church!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • For the television question, I think it depends on the criteria of the show and how you watch the show and if every time they say anything you agree with it. I think that it also depends on your level of spirituality.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • [quote author=CopticChica21 link=board=11;threadid=3505;start=0#msg51649 date=1143920103]
    For the television question, I think it depends on the criteria of the show and how you watch the show

What do you mean by how you watch the show, there is only one way to watch the show is to watch it through your eyes, lol!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I meant how long. My bad. I missed how long

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • Ya, that made more sense, lol!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • If you don't mind CopticChica21, I'd like to explain, Johannes(John) she meant how long you watch a show!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Do you think acting has an affect on us? Do you believe that acting is like your actually going through that situation

just wanted to mention a short story related to acting...i read it in "bostan el rohban".... one time there was a king/emperor ( i think julian) which worshipped idols and at 1 of his parties he had his joker/comedian perform infront of his guests a skit/play that would make fun of christians.

so the joker decided to make fun of the sacrament of baptism. he dressed up as an abouna and baptized himself; he went inside this small pool and he says in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit and all of a sudden he sees a light from heaven and hears a voice saying....truly you are baptized now...and now you are christian......so he starts screaming " i am christian i am christian" all the crowd was watching and thought it was still part of his act so they kept clapping and cheering for him..but when he kept insisting he was christian, the emperor ordered that he be be-headed and so he became a martyr
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=11;threadid=3505;start=15#msg51665 date=1143924046]

Do you think acting has an affect on us? Do you believe that acting is like your actually going through that situation

just wanted to mention a short story related to acting...i read it in "bostan el rohban".... one time there was a king/emperor ( i think julian) which worshipped idols and at 1 of his parties he had his joker/comedian perform infront of his guests a skit/play that would make fun of christians.

so the joker decided to make fun of the sacrament of baptism. he dressed up as an abouna and baptized himself; he went inside this small pool and he says in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit and all of a sudden he sees a light from heaven and hears a voice saying....truly you are baptized now...and now you are christian......so he starts screaming " i am christian i am christian" all the crowd was watching and thought it was still part of his act so they kept clapping and cheering for him..but when he kept insisting he was christian, the emperor ordered that he be be-headed and so he became a martyr

That is so interesting PrincessMary, thank you for sharing, it was so awesome to actually hear a story like that!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • thanks for sharing, PrincessMary

Ok, and JohannesJohn, you CAN be affected if you watch a show too long. Or if you watch TV to much. Your spirituality will switch from any at all to NONE. Trust me cause you will get so hooked up the TV taht you wont realize that you still have to read the bible and pray and it could even draw you from schoolwork. its happened

love lots,
    CopticChica21