SOCCER ADVISE PLZZZZZ?

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
??? I NEED SOME soccer advice befor i go to tryouts. Also please, please, plzzzzzzzzzz pray for me that god takes me hand in this tryout. It really means a lot to me. I will take any advice u have and encougaments ;D i'm little worried too :-\

Comments

• hey yes i will definatly pray for u. i played soccer for 4 years of high school and ur gonna love it. just dont be lazy for tryouts. and dont cross ur arms, coaches hate that. also if u can jog 3 times a day coz u will run alot

good luck

also try softball thats fun too
  • i dont think many people are going to support the idea of asking for soccer advice on this forum, but i just couldnt resist and i had to add: GO SOCCER!!!

When you try out, go out there to have FUN and do what you really enjoy... if you go stressed and worried, you wont perform your best due to unecessary tension!

Prayer has never been known to hurt, so consider talking to Christ before your tryout and asking Him to choose the best regarding this, and that in the end, everything is done for the Glory of His Name :)
    Oh, and ask St. George for help, i heard from some people that he just appeared and played soccer with them! i dont know how true this is, but even if not, there's no harm in asking him anyways!

Best of luck!

Take care and God bless
  • thnks for the advise!! ;D
    thanks for telling me not to cross my arms jana711 cause i wuz going to that. and i will sure pray to st. george and i hope he helps me
  • play like you normally would.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • Good luck in your soccer tryout. If this is what you want to do, I hope you become a good example of sportmanship as well as skills and talent. It was my dream growing up to be a football player, yet it is a hard decision to make at a young age. If you pass the tryouts, and I hope you will, try to divide your attention between school and soccer until you figure out which path you want.

Are you trying out In a club in Egypt or outside ? I tried out when I was 13 years old in Egypt, so I can give you a tip or two.

If you are in Egypt, forget about team play in the tryouts. Ideally, this is a bad thing in soccer, but it is the way to succeed in football tryouts in Egypt. When I tried out for Ahly (I am a Zamalek fan), I was 13 years old and I had a team work mentality from my school coach who was a foreigner. In the tryouts in the club, after the initial skills demonstration like ball control, dribbling past defenders, playing high crosses, set shots from various places around the 18-yard penality area, there was a 20-minute game between the youth who passed the skills test. The skills part should not be a problem for you if you are a decent player. The game (ta6seemah) is the real challenge.

Rough players, I remember ... In any case, do not expect anybody to pass the ball to you, nor should you. You want to catch the eye of the trainer first with your skills and demonstrate as much as you can in the few touches you have. I played the ball from the first touch or after one necesary dribble to the open guy. So that was a mistake. In the next year, I made sure I learnt my lesson and got drafted to the team. I was cut for the under - 19 team because I was busy in my last year of high school.

You will also notice that playing in clubs in Egypt is extremely tough.

If you are outside Egypt, forget about the above. Demonstrate your skills and make it a priority, yet show signs of team work by a through pass to a team mate or a one-two pass with another player. They will however and foremost judge you on talent and skills. The coach will make sure afterwards you play according to his plan.

Good luck man and show them the real Maradona in you.

• [quote author=Stavro link=board=13;threadid=3511;start=0#msg50912 date=1143172770]
    Good luck in your soccer tryout. If this is what you want to do, I hope you become a good example of sportmanship as well as skills and talent. It was my dream growing up to be a football player, yet it is a hard decision to make at a young age. If you pass the tryouts, and I hope you will, try to divide your attention between school and soccer until you figure out which path you want.

Are you trying out In a club in Egypt or outside ? I tried out when I was 13 years old in Egypt, so I can give you a tip or two.

If you are in Egypt, forget about team play in the tryouts. Ideally, this is a bad thing in soccer, but it is the way to succeed in football tryouts in Egypt. When I tried out for Ahly (I am a Zamalek fan), I was 13 years old and I had a team work mentality from my school coach who was a foreigner. In the tryouts in the club, after the initial skills demonstration like ball control, dribbling past defenders, playing high crosses, set shots from various places around the 18-yard penality area, there was a 20-minute game between the youth who passed the skills test. The skills part should not be a problem for you if you are a decent player. The game (ta6seemah) is the real challenge.

Rough players, I remember ... In any case, do not expect anybody to pass the ball to you, nor should you. You want to catch the eye of the trainer first with your skills and demonstrate as much as you can in the few touches you have. I played the ball from the first touch or after one necesary dribble to the open guy. So that was a mistake. In the next year, I made sure I learnt my lesson and got drafted to the team. I was cut for the under - 19 team because I was busy in my last year of high school.

You will also notice that playing in clubs in Egypt is extremely tough.

If you are outside Egypt, forget about the above. Demonstrate your skills and make it a priority, yet show signs of team work by a through pass to a team mate or a one-two pass with another player. They will however and foremost judge you on talent and skills. The coach will make sure afterwards you play according to his plan.

Good luck man and show them the real Maradona in you.

AWESOMEEE!!!!
  • All I have to say are 3 things, is Pray before you go, put your comment on the Alter, so it could be managed by God, and also don't worry just try to feel comfortable, make sure to keep us updated on this thread!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent