The Prodical son

i know in church we are in the holy lent and the third week is the prodical son can someone answer me this question about the prodical son. what does the father repersent. and if he represents god then what does the son represent and if so god knowing everything did not stop his son by not giving him his inheritance.

Comments

• Hey Mickey,

From what i understand, the father represents our Father, who is God, and the son represents us.
    We often go astray and make unwise choices, but, as the parable says, the Father is always waiting for us to come back and will take us very willingly in His arms when we repent... as we remember, the father was standing far and was waiting for his son to come back...."When he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him" Luke 15:20
    So this parable shows us the acceptance God has for us when we come running to Him....

Because God loves us so much, He gave us free will. He can't stop us from doing what's right because He wants us to CHOOSE Him over sin.
    What good is it to us or to God if we are forced to do the right thing, without being given any choice on the matter?
    God's knowledge does not interfere with our free will because He cares for us and wants us to love Him for Him, because we WANT to, not we HAVE to...

Hope that makes sense

If i messed up, i'm open for correction....

Take care and God bless