Patron Saints

edited March 2006 in Random Issues
Who's Your Patron Saint and Why?

** You Can have more than 1!!

Comments

• I have 3 Patron Saints
    • St. Peter... I was named after him
      St. Abouna Abd El-Massieh... because he is very good example of spiritual relation with God
      St. Pope Kyrillos VI... he, also is a very good example of spiritual struggle and relation with God
  • i know i have so many too....

1. first and foremost St. Mary... no words would be enough to describe her....
    2. St. Bishoy.... perfect man...
    3. St. Marina the ascetic... amazing story of silence...
    4. St. Philopater Mercorius... abu seifein... had the sword of archangel Micheal with him...
    5. Saints Peter and Paul... amazing apostles of our Lord...
    6. St. Joseph el sidik... amazing story
    and 7.Saint John the Beloved....
  • Great choices by everybody.

Does anybody consider having patron saints like St. Athanasius the Apostolic, who saved the christian faith from a grave heresy and in fact is to be thanked for fighting against the whole world to protect the Orthodox Faith ?

Did anybody consider St. Cyril, the Pillar of Faith, the man who with his piety, prayers and with his superb knowledge has spotted the heresy of Nestorius and has defended the faith in front of a very sly heresy ?

Does anybody know about St. Dioscoros, holy Pope of Alexandria, disciple of Cyril the Great, the man who for the sake of faith defied an Emperor, defied an unholy council and a heretic yet powerful Roman Pope, and paying his life and position for his steadfast position ?

Anybody considered St. Severus, Patriarch of Antioch, St. Peter the Seal of martyrs and Pope of Alexandria, St. Pope Timothy II, St. Pope Theodosius, and many other saints who have defended the orthodox faith ?

Without those great men, we would be not even even christians. It is also a sign of the greatness of the Coptic people, who have embraced their saints at all times and have given an example in non-bloody defense of faith.
  • well i have cool ones awell...

ok St noufer the hermit....really should know his story...i go to his church that is why i love him

and Amba Makarius (the more recent one)....i love him becasue he was the bishop of my home town in Egypt...

he is the bishop (if u have heard of him) that died in the middle of the mass and the holy communion he was holding, while falling towards the groun pulled itself back to the altar...

I SAW IT HAPPEN ON HIS TAPE...its really great and yer u can see (not very clear though) how the Holy bread moves...(dont think that there is that much movement it is just like a slight movememnt...am i makeing sense..lol)
  • Where can we see that video????
  • well u might find it in ur church Book shop (el maktaba)....but i dont know if u can find it on the web anywhere...does any1 know...

actually no..i remember now...i got it from the monestry of St makarius is when i bought it...and that is in egypt but still give ur maktaba a go...if ur lucky ull find it there
  • My patron saint is St. Marina. I love her a lot becuse she fought the devil, IN PERSON. It was cool how when they tried to drown her, she actually recieved the Holy Spirit. As a girl, she was really brave. I also got to have a blessing from her hand, that fought the Devil, and it was really cool.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • Oh but besides the story of Saint Ereny, Ereny means peace.. ;D