Self-Esteem

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Is making yourself feel bad and making your self esteem go lower on purpose, is that sin? I was just wondering. I know the question sounds a little weird, but I wanted to know if you guys thought that degrading yourself is a sin.

love lots,
CopticChica21

Comments

• Well I don't think it would be a sin but that all depends on why you are making your self feal bad, lol ;D
  • Plus if you consider it a sin it a sin vs your self and indirectly to god but not fully.
  • The degradation of the self is not spirtually incorrect if it uplifts the person of Jesus Christ in the individual. That is to say, we are often called to reraise the "new man" above our old selves. However, the person who debases himself and his capabilities to an extent where God is no longer exalted (including; self-proporting deprerssion, sever self inflicted injury, self-initiated mental stress...etc) is actually subverting the very temple of God. Our bodies, minds, hearts and souls are temples of the most High God. Those who purposefully destroy that temple and the glorification of God within, are violating the very person of Jesus Christ. The moment you deride yourself and, consequentially your service to Christ, the moment you have shifted into the wrong side of discipline and into the implicit realm of sin.

God bless you.