Movie Threatre

2»

Comments

• ok I need to get this out there----- first of all --going to the movies is not a sin! ur intentions however is ur own personal business. i hate how every one is just judging "oh my god! if u go to the movies ur gonna drop dead and go to the land of no return" thats not the case. i dont think its a huge deal. i mean......y is it considered a disgrace? y are ppl ashamed of going? i understand that sometimes its not the best place to be but if u have nothing to do with it then move on with ur life and pay attention to more important mattters instead of trying to justify that ur the perfect holy child that draws the cross when u pass by a movie poster. GET REAL
  • Right but I guess the reason nobody likes to go is because a lot of movies out there are what you can call "Christian material"....
  • then dont go......there is no need to form a little drama club out of not wanting to go to the theaters........this is ridiculus.......if u wanna go then go .......if not then dont ....... like i said b4 ....this isnt a signifigant point.........focus on spirituality instead of goin to the useless quirks. ppl do the same thing with abortion. i mean unless u really have that problem then y do u care?? is this really going to help ur sprituality.......if u trust god ,,,,,, adn urself then u shouldnt worry about whether ur gonna drop dead b/c u went to a movie or not.
  • lol...when u wanna go your parents say no and when u don't wanna go they let u go!!thats sux!
  • [quote author=AmazingGrace link=board=13;threadid=2446;start=30#msg39022 date=1127179096]
    ok I need to get this out there----- first of all --going to the movies is not a sin! ur intentions however is ur own personal business. i hate how every one is just judging "oh my god! if u go to the movies ur gonna drop dead and go to the land of no return" thats not the case. i dont think its a huge deal. i mean......y is it considered a disgrace? y are ppl ashamed of going? i understand that sometimes its not the best place to be but if u have nothing to do with it then move on with ur life and pay attention to more important mattters instead of trying to justify that ur the perfect holy child that draws the cross when u pass by a movie poster. GET REAL

Nice reply Amazing Grace, thank you for giving us your opinion! I think that advice will truely help alot of people who think of that!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ok ...ive been to the movies (in australia we call it the cinemas or the movies but mainly cinema) several times 10+ and
    1. passion of the christ was sooo good
    2. yer i might watch emily rose thingi mabob
    3. becasue i go to a coptic skooli can go with my friends from skool or church...its all the same (sometimes the same people)
    4. i love the movies and im not ashamed at all.. :o
    5. im only allowed to go if i follow strict rules
    including: mainly there has to be a parent (sometime i dont have to) and it cant be a big crowd...no more than 3-5 so we dont make a bi noise and attract attention to the people that come to the movies (and their intention is not the movie...if u know what i mean) and sometimes i cant go with certain people...like if she is just a collegue some1 i just say hi and buy to at skool ....i cant go with her

n yer..i think they are fair enough!!! but getting a parent is the difficult part but yer as i said under those conditions ihave gone several times ...no problem!! ;D

tadpole
    marina
  • this movie theater thing is taken way over the top sometimes..just as long as you are not in there for the wrong reasons, then well, what's wrong? People say it's a bad environment but it's clearly seen that anywhere nowadays is a bad environment. In fact, school is probably the worst environment. Do we forbid school because it can create a bad environment? Not exactly..
  • [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=13;threadid=2446;start=30#msg41309 date=1130625255]
    this movie theater thing is taken way over the top sometimes..just as long as you are not in there for the wrong reasons, then well, what's wrong? People say it's a bad environment but it's clearly seen that anywhere nowadays is a bad environment. In fact, school is probably the worst environment. Do we forbid school because it can create a bad environment? Not exactly..

i hope they forbid school forever!!!
    lol..jk
    GBU
  • Beware of TV and movies, they can be dangerous to your soul. Do not be saturated in the evils you see in motion pictures. Modern day society is sinful, especially in english movies. The media contributes as well.
    be careful
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=13;threadid=2446;start=15#msg38283 date=1126392600]
    u dont know what sheesha is? lol ;D, ur better off not knowing... and some of em even sell drugs to get money, its really sad...

Sorry, even though this thread is 3 months old, but I had to say that, I just thought you would like to know, so in the future, if someone (hopefully not) offers you, you know what it is, and I see lots of people on television or even when we pass by the coffee shop in Egypt, I don't know why they do it, maybe because of one word-PRESSURE!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i noticed most girls get to go
    go to the movies butthe boys man i dont like that thats not right its called predijesm or watever lol :'( i need to make a new law that prohipets predjesm like racism is prohipted
  • bigmak, is there a law against guys going into the movie theatre? I never heard of that, here in Minnesota everyone's an equal!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Sorry to write in this, but this was interesting. I have been to the movie theater like u CopticServent. 2 times for the passion, but with different people and sadder every time
  • [quote author=bigmak link=board=13;threadid=2446;start=30#msg48263 date=1140240444]
    i noticed most girls get to go
    go to the movies butthe boys man i dont like that thats not right its called predijesm or watever lol :'( i need to make a new law that prohipets predjesm like racism is prohipted

we are seriously geting off topic with the whole shesha thing but...Bigmak.. must disagree wif u..it is easier for boys to go DEFINETLY,,,and the reason is...ashan...thats all i get out of dem..ashan.!!!lol
  • why, I only said that, so I can make it clear to everyone that I saw on arabic dish with people holding the shesha and such, but I never did that before, I just wanted to make it a little clearer for others, but my point here is that Movie theatre's can either be good or bad, depends on which movie you are watching!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent