danding..movement of the body

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
ok ok ok..i know....dont dance in front of peopl becasue it makes them fall into sin and yes i know it is your fault aswell....however....what is wrong with dacing with OUR friends or learning dance moves....FOR FUN

PLEASE TELL ME NOW!!

Comments

• it's not wrong to dance in general. the way of dancing is what's wrong. i think you would know what's right and wrong. you're 895 rit. ;D ;D ;D.
  • [quote author=minagir link=board=11;threadid=3094;start=0#msg46226 date=1138033670]
    it's not wrong to dance in general. the way of dancing is what's wrong. i think you would know what's right and wrong. you're 895 rit. ;D ;D ;D.

u r sooo funny!!!
  • hey,...whats danding?
  • i think he/she means dancing...

abouna said watever you do, as long as it doesnt cause anyone to fall into sin its ok...
  • I agree with Abouna, but I also got to add to that, if you think that dancing is effecting or ruining your relationship with God, than don't do it, but if you think God will be ok with what you chose to do, than you might want to talk with your FOC!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • how would you know if you are not causing your friends to sin....by that i mean making them really into dancing....then them going off and dancing in front of people who look at her in a bad way...would that be your fault???

• How can dance be a sin, if there is also a worship dance? For example: it was normal for Izraelites, that they expressed their joy and gave the glory to Lord by dance.

So... they've sinned, or the dance CAN be sinful, if the purpose of it is bad.

That's my opinion. ;)
  • how would you know if you are not causing your friends to sin....by that i mean making them really into dancing....then them going off and dancing in front of people who look at her in a bad way...would that be your fault???

well..it depends on how you dance if u dance normally no one is gonna look at u in a bad way or even cause anyone to sin!

How can dance be a sin, if there is also a worship dance? For example: it was normal for Izraelites, that they expressed their joy and gave the glory to Lord by dance.

and kacerz_Marek no one said that dance was a sin!

GBU
    sandra

• I didn't say that anybody said it is a sin and I proof it isn't. :) I just stardet my argumentation from some kind of a radical position and then I formulated a 'total rule' about dancing. :)
  • okay..my bad!

anyone have any other opinions?

GBU
    sandra
  • [quote author=minagir link=board=11;threadid=3094;start=0#msg46226 date=1138033670]
    it's not wrong to dance in general. the way of dancing is what's wrong. i think you would know what's right and wrong. you're 895 rit. ;D ;D ;D.

wats 895?

you're 895
  • [quote author=StVictor link=board=11;threadid=3094;start=0#msg46314 date=1138154637]
    [quote author=minagir link=board=11;threadid=3094;start=0#msg46226 date=1138033670]

wats 895?

you're 895

i just didnt want to mention ma age!!

umm thanks for the advice...but what is good dancing exactly...like shaking of the hips??? just like dance routines, belly dancing???
  • whoaaaaa hold it right there.. definitely NOT belly dancing... then your shaking almost every part of your body and SOMEONE is bound to look at you and think or say something wrong... kinda the same with the shaking of the hips...
  • I agree with Christ4Life, belly dancing is DISGUISTING, in the old egyptian movies they used to show their stomach, and now it's illegal, it's just nasty, so your going to go infront of everybody and start belly dancing, I don't think so, God will be depressed, it's free time, you should probably do something like READ THE BIBLE maybe, or even just get into the game, do something fun!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • whoaa no 1 said in fron of the opposite sex..im talking about...in your room or with your friends....umm thanks christ for life..thats a good theory it is spare time..i can read the bible

soo...is it wrong..bellydancing in front of your friends??? (same sex of course)
  • well wats the point of dancing in your room? what will you benefit when you dance? will it add to your spiritual life? absolutely not... it will take away from it, even if its in front of your mother... i dont know how to exactly explain it, but it will later cause other things to happen that you cannot control in from of everyone, guys and girls... besides, you could be doing something to benefit you... i.e. reading the Bible, reading a spiritual book, doing homework.. the list can go on forever...
  • i totally underdatnd what you are saying but sometimes...you may want to do things that may not be GAINING OR TAKES AWAY from your spiritual life...it is only for entertainment...in this case dancing...just the same as watching tv..n everyone watched tv...it doesnt help with spirituallity but we still want to do it....
  • well in certain cases tv can be good... and i see that tv can, in some way be entertaining... but how on earth is dancing entertaining???????

besides, there are many things we want to do but hinder our spiritual lives, and we have to cut them off little by little...
  • King David danced to the lourd didnt he
  • King David is a different story. King David danced out of joy for God, not for entertainment...

actually abouna said what you do in your room, when the door is locked, proves exactly who you are (not that im judging anyone or anything..)
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=3094;start=15#msg46624 date=1138674715]
    well in certain cases tv can be good... and i see that tv can, in some way be entertaining... but how on earth is dancing entertaining???????

besides, there are many things we want to do but hinder our spiritual lives, and we have to cut them off little by little...

yes i find it interesting...n it uses up time...just like tv...
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=11;threadid=3094;start=15#msg46632 date=1138677359]
    coptic servant, i dont think bely dancing is illegal.. it was at a wedding reception i went to a while ago, like maybe 3 years ago... i didn think too much of it at the time... i was like, little, i was prolly clapping...

i think HH said, that even in ur room when no1 is there u shud still stick n hold to ur principles... u r still a temple of the Holy Spirit in ur room.. remember Joseph.. How can I sin and do this great evil before the Lord..

im sorry marmar...soce when was dancing a sin..but it has evolved into a sin because of the chenges in dance moves...reasons for dancing and what people look at while dancing...however if u do it in your room then there is nothing wrong as there is no sinful reason for dancing, n no 1 is watching me dance so 1 am not putting any1 in sin...
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=3094;start=15#msg46637 date=1138677694]
    King David is a different story. King David danced out of joy for God, not for entertainment...

actually abouna said what you do in your room, when the door is locked, proves exactly who you are (not that im judging anyone or anything..)

i like what u said (about what abouna said)...it helped alot...thanks christ for life :)
  • umm...i dont know..i have always been told not to dance but i think that is a choice of your own..on the condition that you donot disturn any one elses eternity..any1 agree???
  • [quote author=1cross3nails4given link=board=11;threadid=3094;start=15#msg46668 date=1138687855]
    [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=3094;start=15#msg46637 date=1138677694]
    King David is a different story. King David danced out of joy for God, not for entertainment...

i like what u said (about what abouna said)...it helped alot...thanks christ for life :)

no problem... glad to be able to be of help...

but what im trying to say if your gonna slow dance in your room lol thats ok... theres nothing wrong in that...

but if your gonna belly dance thats a whole different story, the dance moves themselves are just plain disgusting...
  • [quote author=1cross3nails4given link=board=11;threadid=3094;start=15#msg46411 date=1138332945]
    whoaa no 1 said in fron of the opposite sex..im talking about...in your room or with your friends....umm thanks christ for life..thats a good theory it is spare time..i can read the bible

soo...is it wrong..bellydancing in front of your friends??? (same sex of course)

I never mentioned the opposite gender, I meant in groups particular, and I liked what Abouna said about your room!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • but what im trying to say if your gonna slow dance in your room lol thats ok... theres nothing wrong in that...

but if your gonna belly dance thats a whole different story, the dance moves themselves are just plain disgusting...

Don't permit one form of dancing and ban the other because you don't like it...it's either all dancing is wrong or dancing is good.
    Look...if you like dance then be it...it's not like you are doing something horrible to your body you are just moving it a certain way or another...i see nothing bad in that...you are not harming the temple of God by moving it. Dancing require skills just like any sport...so look at it as a sport and there are a lot of schools that have dance teams..so why not just let it go...there is nothing wrong in dancing.
  • I agree with what Marianne87 has said, it was well written!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • thanks ALOT for that marriane..GREAT POINTS put forward...

does every1 agree though...
  • Umm... its not wrong. but its a little bit becaue i agree with everyone that it does agree on the dance, who you are with, and what you do. why would you REALLY wanna learn dance moves? its not t hat neccesary... but its not bad, its ok. i guess

GOD BLESS