I may be going to my sisters wedding soon

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
How should my conduct be?

No dancing, No drinking, Try as much as possible not to listen to the bad music, what else? ...

Pray to God (If you have a right relationship with Him?) for me not to give into temptation?..

Comments

• You should always pursue a Christian-like conduct. I would doubt, although that there would be that much bad music, it is, of course, a wedding. May God be with you in everything you do.

Please pray for me always,
    Believer in God
  • Dont ask us... W.W.J.D.
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=10;threadid=2982;start=0#msg45246 date=1136409928]
    Dont ask us... W.W.J.D.

That was an outstanding response socoolbishoy, and Believer in God that was an excellent response as well!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Maybe Im kind of asking you What Would Jesus Do?

But Jesus was pure.. so He could watch people dancing and nothing bad will enter His heart.
  • But Jesus was pure.. so He could watch people dancing and nothing bad will enter His heart.

if your statement is correct then we cant say what would jesus do... and Jesus would have no right to tell us to be like him... jesus was 100% human dont forget that!
  • So He still struggled with sin? but I thought if you struggle still with a certain sin it means your not purified from it...
  • There is a distinct line. 100% human but also a 100% perfect. in His perfection, even when satan came to tempt Him, He remained unwaivering. The matter does not lie in whether or not He was tempted, it was in whether or not He let temptation enter into His heart, which obviously He did not. When asked "what would Jesus do?", the answer lies in the Bible. Not only did He not fall into sin, but His presence amongst those sinners gave them THE way from which to return.
    In practical application, sure, the usual is a great place to start.. don't do this that and the other thing, but the only way in which that makes any difference is if it comes from within, not just because you have to, and who knows, maybe more will decide to be more like the Christ they see in you.
  • its ur sisters wedding- a wedding is meant to be a joyous occasion, u should drink, you shouldnt do bad things anyway- so y get worried

jus enjoy it- do it for your sister, its her big day and it only comes once in her life ;)
  • You ask WWJD - but we should ask 'what DID Jesus do'. He came with His Mother to Cana and he just celebrated the wedding. :) He even turned the water into wine! :) He was a normal man - and that means He was sinless. We are NOT normal, because we sin. That's what I think about it. :)

Always is need of Your prayer,
    Marek
  • drink but not too much .... dont let satan tempt u .. just always think to ur self "i luv jesus i luv jesus"..
  • The wedding is over now...

How did I do? I think maybe only Jesus knows the answer to that.
  • hopefully God knows that the ONLY thoughts going through your mind was....W.W.J.D....and sound of angels praising... :P
  • [quote author=BKZIBDA link=board=10;threadid=2982;start=0#msg46251 date=1138068448]
    drink but not too much .... dont let satan tempt u .. just always think to ur self "i luv jesus i luv jesus"..

But, aren't deacons not supposed to drink?
  • [quote author=BKZIBDA link=board=10;threadid=2982;start=0#msg46251 date=1138068448]
    drink but not too much .... dont let satan tempt u .. just always think to ur self "i luv jesus i luv jesus"..

Don't drink at all, that is sinning, I agree Gods kid, deacons aren't supposed to drink, not just deacons, but everyone else!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • besides its a wedding, and its ur sisters, like marmar said, ur not getting drunk...wel lets hope not hehehehe