Sports

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Please answer or vote if you see this thread, if you are voting please answer why you choose that, I think it depends on which one is played!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• i think they are all okay..its not harmful to your body then i guess its okay!

GBU
    sandra
  • Whats the point of this vote mates? ???
  • i don't know but coptic servant, i guess all sports are okay..and i think we had a BIG discussion about this before..and i think its in the youth corner(the other topic)..

GBU
    sandra
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=13;threadid=3034;start=0#msg45667 date=1137182023]
    i don't know but coptic servant, i guess all sports are okay..and i think we had a BIG discussion about this before..and i think its in the youth corner(the other topic)..

GBU
    sandra

If your referring to the other one that I made, that was different, the other one was referring to which one is wrong, this is are THEY wrong! Sorry to all those who were offended!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • oh..okay..my bad!!

i still don't think sports are wrong!

GBU
    sandra
  • hey guys, i'm jst wondering how can sports be wrong??? are u saying that they are dangerous or what???

GOD BLESS, Rene
  • I meant that some Sports are bad, like cheerleading, that's my opinion though and also i'm just referring to all sports in general!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=13;threadid=3034;start=0#msg45697 date=1137208626]
    I meant that some Sports are bad, like cheerleading, that's my opinion though and also i'm just referring to all sports in general!

cheerleading aint a sport!
  • You dont even have to be coptic to agree with that! rotfl
  • Some of the priests i know play soccer and shoot hoops :D
  • StVictor, that is hilarious, but they are human, and also I know some who play ping pong and soccer, but never hoops lol!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=StVictor link=board=13;threadid=3034;start=0#msg45739 date=1137261974]
    Some of the priests i know play soccer and shoot hoops :D

thats hilarious!

peace out

ballaaaa
  • the traditonal Catholic Order of the Society of Saint Pius X has a ice hockey game of priests vs. semenarians

and they play sports at their seminary as well.
  • [quote author=StVictor link=board=13;threadid=3034;start=0#msg45739 date=1137261974]
    Some of the priests i know play soccer and shoot hoops :D

yea when we have a youth camp or outing or whatever, the priests like all 25 of them gather and play volleyball and soccer against the youth and our bishop H.G Bishop Daniel he is a mad volleyball player lol
    it was so funny, there was an old priest in their team and he couldnt like hit the ball properly, saydena kept yellin at him- soooo funny

our priests are the greatest- der so cute lol ;D
  • That's adorable mazza, and MarMar, Anba David visited us Jan 14-15, he is pretty tall, the sermon he gave today was incredible!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • well..coptic servant, even BISHOPS plays everything..so its really clear now.THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SPORTS!!

GBU
    sandra
  • are you rejoicing in iniquity mazza? was he yelling in anger maybe? a sinful passion?

Maybe I am rebuking people too much?
  • Maybe I am rebuking people too much?

uhh..yeah....if you kept on picking up every single word anyone is saying and asking about it and rebuking them for it...then this is really not the way to be...we simply aren't perfect.
  • But maybe its to help you be perfect.. as I think some people here are aiming for perfection as we all are meant to ?

Psalm 141:5 (King James Version)

5Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 141:5;&version=9;

I hope by Gods help I am able bear when others rebuke me!
  • But we are not allowed to judge other people...and rebuking is judging...and we are also in no position to make someone perfect...God is the only perfect one and He is the only one who can help people reach that level of perfection but even if some people are perfect they aren't as perfect as God is.
  • Salam,
    I'm almasihi and new here, so much to the introduction.
    I think that sport is a very good and beneficial activity for the physical and psychological maintenances of our earthly bodies. (I hope servant of god agrees since he is a medical student.) Sport also keeps us active and busy, which doesn't allow any boredom to appear i.e. to give the Satan a chance to tempt us with useless or even harmful actions. On the other hand we shouldn't invest all our time in sport like the extreme sportler, who are obsessed with sport and for which it became their new god, but we should aim a healthy balance.
    However, there are a lot of things covered under the name of sport, which have nothing to do with our benefit like cheerleading as servant mentioned or extreme sports. This are sinful things, which tempt us and hurt our bodies and souls i.e. the temple of god and the dwelling of the holy spirit.
    Glory for god, Amen.

I also want to thank servant for welcoming me :)
  • Anytime almasihi, I benefited from your words and now know sports are important to life, (they don't have to be), but satan can still tempt us in anything, including SPORTS! I was just wondering who is servant of god?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I'm sorry Coptic servant I meant you, I hope you forgive me.

It is true that Satan is tempting us in anything and everything since he is like a hungry lion looking for a prey, but boredom make things worse. I don't know if you know the show Jackass, but these people are doing disgusting things and hurting them self out of boredom.

:'(
  • Oh, I'm actually a female, but I know a little bit about doctors and child psycology, because I have influenced children in doing the right thing, and how to get better, and such, but really I'm only an 8th grader, I'm not a doctor yet, even though I learned a lot about child psycology from my cousin (she's a doctor) preparing, of course I forgive you, God said, "Forgive and Forget" I have not watched that show, I don't watch those kind of shows, all you can really do, is get into the game, and helping yourself out of boredom, just go play a game I know lots of boys & girls who love to play football and basketball! Just play sports for the fun of it!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=13;threadid=3034;start=15#msg45965 date=1137668510]
    are you rejoicing in iniquity mazza? was he yelling in anger maybe? a sinful passion?

Maybe I am rebuking people too much?

ok mike for jesus, well i was there n yer he was screaming in a way he was joking (laughing around) by saying ya abouna folan ta3ala badaloo...it was a crack up n i got a picture of that day but im not sure if it is appropriate!! give me a PM n i will send it to you ..maybe..
  • I think it depends for me because I really dislike some sports like hockey, but i really like some sports like football and basketball. it just goes on how you play and what you play and depending on what you like, i think..

GOD BLESS