Lying against Honesty

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Hey,
I have always thought that a lie is a sin you can never get over it because your consious always bugs you about it to go confess and if you don't listen and go confess than that is harsh, well can I know if you guys had lied before and how you handle the situation! Did you listen to your consious (be honest about the lie and tell the truth) or did you guys go on with your life and didn't care much about it and thought the lie wasn't truthful and you didn't really care?

Thank you, if you answered!

*Honesty is welcomed into the world*

Comments

• sometimes i feel that someone must lie sometime to save themselves from trouble or to not hurt someone else. i know its wrong but sometimes it has to be done, does anyone agree???
  • yes i agree
    ive bin in that situation so many times. as a gurl, i have so many friends that cum up 2 me an seek help and if i tell them the truth it will not jus hurt them physically but emotionally and it will lower their self esteem
    - so i have no choice but 2 lie but say it in a way that wont hurt them
    if u get wat i meant
  • tut tut tut nar jkz
    yas that goes with the saying
    whats better a lie that draws a smile or the truth that draws a tear :) but hey i go for the first 1 coz im evil nar jkz i dunno wat i wood do id prob look at them for a while and walk off lol bit of a naive person hehehe

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • tear tear..lying is a sin..no matter what it draws..no one said go tell someone that their hideous or something but white lies are fake..I wouldn't want someone to be fake to me..it may draw a temporary tear but the truth should be expressed..
  • i was only joking around oopsi sorry white lies they r the dumbest thing ive herd in ma life

GB AlL
    +FROG+
    GOD SI GREAT!!
  • Ok you guys you know how you might lie to a little kid about something? Like hiding your parent's wallet and telling them you don't know where it went because if it gets lost that would be a problem. My question is, is that considered lieing?
  • THE WAY I PUT IS IF ITS NOT THE TRUTH ITS A LIE.NO MATTER BIG OR SMALL A LIE COULD BE ITS TAKIN THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY 4M UR BANK ACOUNT.AND PEOPLE WONT HAVE TRUST IN YOU AT ALL AND U WILL REGRET IT SO Y DO IT?
  • To escape pride, can you lie about an achievement.

Hypothetically;
    For example, Person A donated a certain sum of money and is quiet about it. His mother asks him where he used his money or how he spent his money.
    To stay modest and humble, can this person lie to his mother?
  • you can be humble and honest at the same time tell ur mom but if ypu are telling her to impress or show off then thts wats gona be wrong.
  • Humblness is a virtue...Lying is a sin
    if you weigh those two against each other...it would better to avoid sin than show humblness with a sin
  • you knw people have addiction to lieng realy and i think its sad i dont know if its realy and addiction or wat but its like a cold if you dont get treated it gets worser then it was

ya like you said marian humbleness is a virtue its a great one and to prove it is look back to all the saints they did miracles they never said any thing like " son go away i heal people or i rose a dead why are you talkin to me "
    yyou its great on one of the iconat at my chiurch in side the altar it says look at the virtues of the saints back then and follow their footsteps :'(

hope i did any thing

mak
  • I actually talked to my father of confessions (FOC) and my priest about this and he told me that to get over a lie is to draw a cross on a piece of paper and everytime you lie you take a pushpin and push it in one of the markings of the cross! I think that is an incredible way to get over a lie!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i confess every once in a while, i dont lie alot ;D
  • Any way, don't judge
  • I am just wondering, George M who are you talking to? No one judged anyone! Just saying!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Sometimes I see lying as an ok thing, like defending someone... but then you think about how ure putting them through the sin. yes, ive lied before a lot i will admit because im sure everyone has. and sometimes i think that i shouldn't say anything... although i do tell my friends and when you dont tell it makes you sadder. i think that when facing this type of things, you should tell becuase then people will trust you... I think... its usually harder to do it than say it, so im not that sure

GOD BLESS