Jesus's life

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I AM DOING AN ASSIGNMEN ON JESUS'S LIFE, PLZ TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD INCLUDE AND WHAT NOT TO.

IF ALL GOES WELL IT MIGHT BE POSTED, AWAITING ONE'S COMMENTS

Comments

• there are so many things you can talk about in Jesus's life, miracles etc. God created us because of His great love for us, He wanted us to share with Him His glory in Heavenly Jerusalem, yet when we sinned we were exiled from paradise and fell from eternal joy, yet because God loves us He came to renew the covenant and give us another chance, and make a new covenant with man, a covenant that will wipe away all our sins, so He came and He sent His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, the perfect lamb of God, in the world, to be offered as a sacrifice for our transgressions. So Jesus came and in His life, He taught us many things. He taught us humilty, in all His actions we learn humility, the king of kings and Lord of lords was born in a manger, He washed the feet if the disciples, and He died for us, the death of shame, the death of humilty, on the cross, the worst type of punishment of that time. Jesus taught us to love one another, not just love our friends, but to love our enemies as well, "LOVE YOUR ENEMIES, bless those who curse you, do good to those you hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you, and persecute you THAT YOU MAY BE THE CHILDREN OF YOUR FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN" Matthew 5:44,45 He showed us this true love in His actions, like a lamb to the slaughter He went, like a sheep to be sheered He NEVER SAID A WORD, He could have took revenge or cursed those who crucified Him, but even when He was on the cross He said Father forgive them for they do not know what they do. There is no greater love than Jesus's love, that while we were still sinners Christ died for us (Roimans 5:8), who would do something like that? die for people that do not deserve Him, yet He even paid His precious BLOOD for us! His love is immeasurable, beyond all understanding, His love is boundless. From Jesus's life we have to learn to be like Him in our actions and deeds, because we are His children; we have to be holy just as He is holy, perfect as He is perfect, and to love on another, true, pure love, just as He loved us, from all His heart
  • Might I reccomend that you speak of the "uniqueness" of Christ. Very simply put, there has never been and never will be Somone so humble and egocentirc instantaneously in their lifteime as Our Lord with His various discourses.
    He constantly used terms such as "I" and "Me" and corroborated His glorious state throughout His ministry indicating that all things needed to be established through Him. Yet, He was the lowliest and meekest of all Men seeing it fit to aknowledge himself as a Servant to others. He talked of coming down on the clouds of Heaven and it was even said of Him that evil spirits would fear His presence. Yet, all the little children would gather and nestle by His side and He took upon Himself to humbly wash His disciples feet. His compassion and benevolence was so apparent, even to the greatest of sinners; yet no one could bear to look upon His blazing eyes as He rebuked the money changers in the temple corridors. He constantly saved the lives of others but refused to save His own life at the cruxifiction. He was an abused slave for all men and Heavenly King for the One true God.

As one scholar best put it; "There is nothing in History like the union of contrast which confronts us in the gospels--the mistery of Jesus is the mystery of Divine personality." (James Stewart)

There is no one as unique and as beneficent as OUr Lord Jesus Christ.

God bless.
  • The following points i've included are relevent in Jesus' life and they should in some way be touched upon so your audience gets a real glimpse into the life of Our Lord Jesus:

1) His birth

2) His ministry:[*]His miracles (preferably His first miracle)[*]His parables[*] His qualities (humbleness, unconditional love for mankind, kindness to women, etc)

3) Temptations He encountered:
    [*]40 days tempted by Satan in the desert
    [*]not wanting to get crucified (when he was praying in the garden to His Father)

4) Holy Week:[*]Being betrayed by Judas[*]Being Denied by Peter[*]Being confronted by the autorities[*]Forgiving the right thief on the cross[*]What happened the moment Jesus died

5) His Ressurrection and Ascension into Heaven:[*]Thomas' unbelief[*]The pentecost[*]Jesus' final words to the discples (Matt 28)

NOP+
    Youstina S