i need a story about FORGIVENESS!!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hii guys...

does anyone know a good SHORT story about forgiveness!!??
PLEASE .. if u do .. send it ASAP..

i tried searching online.. didn't find anythingg.. or found veryy long stories.. so i though you guys could really help :)

i need it for my youth meeting.. we r doing a pamphlet and the topic is forgiveness .. and i couldn't find any stories at ALL!!!
i need it ASAP!!!!

i really appreciate your help

~Smile :) Jesus Loves You~
SOOTY

Comments

• hi,
    if u know the story about btween earth and heaven...thats a really god example about forgiveness!!if u don't know it i canwrite it for u!!

GBU
    sandra
  • No im sorry..

i actually don't know it!!!

if u have time to write it .. it will be GREAT :)

thanks!

Smile :) Jesus Loves You
    SOOTY
  • between heaven and earth!

there was 3 best friends who lived in egypt and they were 2 boys and a girl one boy was called fady and the other one was called magdy and the girl was called soso!and they r an average family and they go out one time to eat and magdy is the one who was suppose to pay but he didn't have enough money for the 3 of them to eat so they went to a koshary restuarant and the plate was $.25 each(not actually dollars but 3rsh if u know it)so they ate and they were alittle bit mean people and make fun of eack other and others..and after they ate they died and they went infront of the angle(the guard of heaven)and here goes the convo(i am gonna write in arabic becasue if its not in arabic its not gonna make sense:
    magdy to the angel:eha feen ya3ny ya akh?
    the angle to magdy:ehna amam el gana(heaven)

magdy start to luagh and cry at the same time and then fady comes and say:

fady to magdy:ahlan ahlan ya 3mena ama dah kan 7etat tabak koshary...offfff

and then the girl comes screaming and say:

soso to both of the boys:ahhhhhhh...there was something moving in my mouse when i was eating and it was going really fast and i think becasue i was soo hungry i felt that!!

and then they all saw each other and huged each other and magdy told them that they were died and they all starts crying(i can't remember what was the exact convo)

and then they all ask the angle about what can they do to get in and the angle replies back saying:

angle to the three:u have to have a card marked with christ's blood to get in!

they all three sat down and got out all the cards they have including the churches cards and plenty of cards...

the angle to the three:thats not gonna work that was i need the card of jesus christ's blood on it?!

and they sat down and talked and discussed all the sins they have done..and they said if we only get a secong chance?!

and then the three of them sat down and prayed alot with crying and kept saying plz god give us another chance!!

and then they found themselves on the restaurant again sitting as they were sitting before they had that dream(it was a dream by the way)and they all huged each other and stood up and prayed!!

**i hope u enjoyed it and i hope it worked and the point of forgivness here is that god forgave them and gave them another chance!!**

GBU
    sandra

• by the ways...i just wanna say if u have a good arabic speaking people at ur church it will be better!!
    and also try to enter more words in it becasue when we did it at our churhc it was awsome and it is suppose to be funny too!!

GBU
    sandra
  • hey sandra ..

THANKS A LOT :)
    thats a nice story

but it is kinda long and some what confusing!
    i was looking for something simple and short!!
    and it also has to be all in english...

so guys...
    if anyone has another story.. please post it ..

thank youuuuu

Smile :) God Loves You
    SOOTY
  • there u go i hope its not too long or l8

A small boy at a summer camp received a large package of cookies in the
    mail from his mother. He ate a few, then placed the remainder under his
    bed. The next day, after lunch, he went to his tent to get a cookie, but
    the box was gone.

That afternoon a camp counsellor, who had been told of the theft, saw
    another boy sitting a tree eating the stolen cookies. He returned to the
    group and sought out the boy whose cookies had been stolen. He said,
    "Billy, I know who stole your cookies. Will you help me teach him a
    lesson?"

The puzzled boy replied, "Well yes, but aren't you going to punish him?"

The counsellor explained "No, that would make him resent me and hate
    you. No, I want you to call your mother and ask her to send you another
    box of cookies."

Billy did as the counsellor said, and a few days later received another
    box of delicious homemade cookies in the mail. The counsellor said, "Now,
    the boy who stole your cookies is down by the lake. Go down there and
    share your cookies with him."
    The boy protested, "But he's the thief."
    I know but try it, and see what happens," replied the counsellor.
    About half an hour later, the camp counsellor saw the two come up the
    hill, arm in arm. The boy who had stolen the cookies was earnestly
    trying to get the other to accept his jack knife in payment for the
    stolen cookies, and the victim was just as earnestly refusing the gift
    from his new friend, saying that a few cookies weren't important anyway.
    We all have a great hunger for forgiveness as this next story indicates.
    It happened in Spain that a father and teenage son had a broken
    relationship. The son ran away, but the father searched for his
    rebellious son. Finally, in Madrid, in a last desperate attempt to find
    him, the father put an ad in the newspaper. The ad read: "Dear Paco,
    meet me in front of the newspaper office at noon. All is forgiven. I
    love you. Your father."
    The next day at noon, in front of the newspaper office, eight hundred
    "Pacos" showed up! It seems that all theses men with the name Paco were
    seeking forgiveness and love from their fathers.
    Does a child of yours need your forgiveness today? Or maybe, you need to
    seek your father's forgiveness. Or maybe it is a spouse or a sister or
    brother or neighbour who needs forgiveness. Remember, "Forgive us our
    trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." God is waiting!

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • Why does an angle guard heaven? Is it an acute, obtuse, or right angle?
  • wat u tolkin bout? stop studying maths its killing ur brain
  • [quote author=KBibo8 link=board=11;threadid=2775;start=0#msg43001 date=1132714304]
    Why does an angle guard heaven? Is it an acute, obtuse, or right angle?

that wasn't funny...u aren't funny

way to answer him FROG ;)
  • I was trying to make a point. The level of language usage on these forums has become very deficient. There are so many grammatical and spelling errors that it has become difficult to read your posts without getting hung up on the mistakes. For example, "tolkin" and "maths" are not real words. Please try to minimize these mistakes to make your posts easier to read. I understand that these forums give you an opportunity to have realxing discussions with your fellow Coptic brothers and sisters, but the style of writing has gotten so bad, that it is hard to understand what you are trying to say sometimes. Also, if an outsider happened to find these forums, and I can assure you that many do, he or she may be left with the impression that Copts do not know how to use standard English. I am not saying that your posts have to be proofread ten times before you submit them, but please try to make an effort to minimize the errors. If you analyze this post or any of my other posts you may find errors, but these do not interfere with its readability. A typographical error once in a while is fine, but the problem is way beyond that at this point. You may have noticed that I used the colloquialism "hung up" earlier. This is ok (another colloquialism). We are not writing English papers here.

Thank you and I am sorry if I have offended anyone.
  • kBibo8...I am sorry but if u understand something..why make it into a big deal who know how to spell and who doesn't...that's just so judgemental from u...plus not most of us just use slang in writing...since we are all just youth and got used to spell things like that...we don't have to be so professional..it's JUST a forum.
    Sorry for my comment to u..but u didn't have to make fun of her
  • The point is that I don't always understand what is being said. At least not the first time that I read through it. Also, I did not intend to single anyone out; it is just a general trend that bothers me.

Also, I am not being judgemental. I did not say that you were stupid or ignorant for writing like this. All I said is that it is hard to understand what you mean.

I would have the same complaint if someone wrote the following sentence.

"In his magnanimity the virtuous man donated incalculable amounts of fiduciary currency to the church."

It takes too much effort to read.
  • Sorry for the digression.

Matthew 18:23-35
    23 Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25 But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. 26 The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 27 Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
    28 “But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ 29 So his fellow servant fell down at his feet[a] and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’[b] 30 And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. 31 So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. 32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
    35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”[c]

• dear lil miss perfect:
    get over it its just a forum as marianne sed so who cares and serious u make me laugh even if u ask a 5 yr old theyd know wat maths is do u know wat science is or not?
    u gav an example that has nuffin to do wit wat i sed. of corse ppl wont understand it bcoz theyd hav to keep a thesaures next to them coz the level of the language is highly professional but wat we used is called slang. u no wat that is? i hope so. if not i gess u lern sumfin new everyday but i gess it will b 3 things u lernt. that, wat maths is and wat science is wow bargain.
    and wats the Bible all bout mr saint?forgiving?... well then forgive me ;)
    btw wats digression mean?
    this isnt meant to b harsh its just treatin u the way u treat others which i no is rong to do but i hope i can get my point accross on how it feels ok?

peace
    GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • Hi,
    First off, there is no reason to make any bad remarks or comments, please keep them to yourself, people write fast, it's fine like what if I wanted to write--write and I accidently wrote down right, it's fine, we know the typo it doesn't make it a big huge deal, we can just know what was right and what was wrong, please let us get back to the topic, before the admins lock it or even delete it, and I think SootyCoptic4Life doesn't want that to happen, and wants more stories about forgiveness, Great topic btw SootyCoptic4Life!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent