Coptic bracelets

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hey guys...check out this site and refer it to your friends/family!!

www.copticbracelets.com

Take care,
Youstina

Comments

• wow..thats really cooool!!i like it!
    thanx
  • BEAUTIFUL website, are these available anywhere, if so please tell me where I can purchase, I would love to, so we can support all the Copts and so our Lord will answer our prayers and let the Persecution of the Copts, Please God listen to our PRAYERS!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • on the website there is a button that says PLACE ORDER (on the left)...click on this button!!! I belive the bracelets can get delivered anywhere! Not only are these bracelets symbolic of our bold faith, but the donations are going towards payments for a church in syracuse. The congregation there is struggling to find a permanent priest AND they have about 20 000$ they are hoping to raise to help rebuild parts of the church. There's more details on the website...i urge everyone to check it out and if you dont want a bracelet, the least you could do is make a small donation or even remember this congregation in your prayers!!
  • Awsome, I was actually looking for something like that. I strongly recommend increasing the designs and colors. How about leather or metals?
  • +

Dear brothers & sisters,

Grace and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you for taking interest in these bracelets. Thank you also for spreading the word. My name is John Roufaiel and I am a member from this Syracuse church and the one you can contact for distribution.

Like Youstina said, we are trying to earn enough money to have a permanent priest one day. Also, we are trying to pay off some debts of the church, because it is fairly new, and pay for the transportation of temporary priests.

We rarely have enough money to have a priest come out of town and pray for us and are blessed if we have only 2 liturgies a month. For the past month and a half, we have not had a single mass.

The youth of our church (St. Mary and St. Mina @ Syraucse, NY) have come together in an attempt to help save our church. God has inspired His children here to make a fundraiser by selling "COPTIC BRACELETS." Here is the website:

http://www.copticbracelets.com

We know that we are only few (about 20 families), but we do what we can and hope that God can provide.

"I planted, Apollos watered, but GOD gave the increase." (1 Corinthians 3:6)

LIVEstrong succeeded because it was for a good cause, not just a fashion. We hope that our cause will also be good in the eyes of God and His people. We hope not only to raise money for our church, but to help UNITE Copts through this symbol.

Personally, by wearing this bracelet many people have asked me about Coptic Christianity and what it is. The bracelet gives us a chance to make others aware of our faith, which we hold on to so dearly.

If we truly live by these words: "FAITH HOPE LOVE," then we can make it through this test and journey of life into the Paradise.

"And now abide FAITH, HOPE, LOVE, these three; but the greatest of these is LOVE." (1 Corinthians 13:13)

May God grant us all blessings through our lives and support us together as a Coptic community.

There is more information on the webpage about the explanation of the design and ordering and everything else. If there are any questions then please do not hesitate to post them or email us at:

[email protected]

However, we pray more that you come and help fill our church and give us the blessings of your presence. On behalf of the youth and families at St. Mary & St. Mina Coptic Orthodox Church, I thank you for your help and prayers.

Pray for us,
    + john roufaiel & The Congregation of St. Mary & St. Mina

"And whatever you ASK in PRAYER, BELIEVING, you shall RECEIVE." (Matthew 21:22)
  • I made a flier that explains how you buy and I had to talk to Abouna first about passing them out at my church to the congregation, I talked to my Abouna about this, and he told me yesterday that it was ok, he did some research to see if it's actually the money raised is going to the church in Alexandria, Egypt and so the congregation from St. Mary's Coptic Orthodox Church will try to help with the fundraiser!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • +

Dear Coptic Servant,

Grace and peace.

Thank you for this kind act. That is the way to do it. When we visit a church, before we distribute, we ask of the permission of the priest. You can also let him know that Bishop David has given us his permission and blessings. I talked to him personally about this.

Also, I hope their is not confusion in where the donations are going. We set a goal of $19,000 for our church. So the beginning of the proceeds will go to help out our church to bring priests and help our debt. However, we anticipate more donations after that. Therefore, further proceeds will be given to the St. Shenouda Monastery currently being built in Rocehster, NY (oversen by Abouna Shenouda Maher). If Alexandria needs money also, then maybe we can spilt funding between them and Rochester.

We seek to be united around the world as our brothers and sisters are united in Egypt. In the US we are not persecuted as harshly, so there is not much of a driving force to unite us. We hope that this bracelet can help be a symbol of our unity.

We pray that we will be able to raise our necessary funds soon so that we can help our other brothers and sisters around. It would be nice if all or any of you can please help us with this goal.

I also attached a handout if you want to print that. I am sure yours is very good, but in case others want this to pass to their church. It would be nice if someone from each church could be responsible for placing group orders. We only have 8 youth members and it is tough to do it alone. God bless you.

Coptic Servant. What church are you from and who was the Abouna that you talked to? Please thank your Abouna and congregation for us. If you want, you can email me:

[email protected]

Pray for us,
    + john roufaiel & The Congregation of St. Mary & St. Mary

• +

Grace and peace.

Here is an order form for anyone who wants to take the responsibility of placing orders in their church. Or to give it to someone who can. God bless all of you.

Pray for us,
    + john roufaiel & The Congregation of St. Mary & St. Mina

• We are from St. Mary's Church in Minnesota, and Abouna Youannes is our father of confession, May God support all things that have included our faith, hope, and love! I am trying to have all the money collected by I think the end of December or January 7th (Christmas) it would be a great blessing! I am very kindly appreciated by your "thank you", May God help you with what you created, May God protect and Bless all of you!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • My friends at my Church of St. Mary's Coptic Orthodox Church in Minnesota, are helping out also, Enshalah, we will have the money by Christmas or the end of December, Enshalah!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • +

Dear CopticServant,

Thank you very much for all that you and your congregation are doing. Please also thank Abouna Younnis for us. To be honest, the youth here are holding on with so much HOPE according to their FAITH that the LOVE of their fellow brothers and sisters will help them out.

When we hear news like this, the youth get very excited and you can see the joy in their faces. It is these nice simple acts that they see in all the Copts that can help unite us. Once again, thank you and this will be an amazing Christmas present to Our Father's church here in Syracuse!

Pray for us,
    + The Congregation of St. Mary & St. Mina

• Coptic Bracelet Pic (Front)
  • Coptic Bracelet Pic (Back)
  • [quote author=doctaroofy link=board=11;threadid=2704;start=0#msg42577 date=1132016376]
    +

Dear CopticServant,

Thank you very much for all that you and your congregation are doing. Please also thank Abouna Younnis for us. To be honest, the youth here are holding on with so much HOPE according to their FAITH that the LOVE of their fellow brothers and sisters will help them out.

When we hear news like this, the youth get very excited and you can see the joy in their faces. It is these nice simple acts that they see in all the Copts that can help unite us. Once again, thank you and this will be an amazing Christmas present to Our Father's church here in Syracuse!

Pray for us,
    + The Congregation of St. Mary & St. Mina

Anytime, but we really need to thank Our Lord Jesus Christ, and I really HOPE that you fulfill your goal of $19,00!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • +

Thank you. He is to thank for everything.

"Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
    Praise the LORD!"

(Psalm 150:6)
  • I was wondering John Roufaiel, If we can make the payment of $3.00 per bracelet, because it says offers available, I'm just wondering because all the bracelets regular ones are about $5.00 I have like 5-6 of them and the cost about $3.00 only if that's ok though, PLEASE and THANK YOU!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Hey CopticServant,

I have a suggestion that was done by some youth in our church... it worked for us, maybe you guys can do it to if you havent already.
    Why don't you go around to all the youth in your church, find out who wants a braclet, have them pay a single person and that person oders for everyone and pays all at once. (We all gave my friend the money and our order, and she paid with her visa)

That way, you can make a mass order and get everything at once... and like the site says, if you order 50 or more you're excused from shipping charges (although I'm sure it would be appreciated by the church that there is extra money to cover all expenses)....

Best of luck to the The Congregation of St. Mary & St. Mina, and may God's golry shine through your great service :)....

Keep us updated, I'm sure many here would love to jump at the opportunity to help!

:+: Take care & God Bless :+:
  • +

Sure. The $2 a bracelet is only a suggested donation. You could donate as much as you want. As the website states, the first $19,000 raised will go to help our church in order to have priests to conduct liturgies and help us with our debts. Further proceeds go to the building of St. Shenouda Monastery and hopefully Alexandria if they will still need any financial support by then.

The money is not for us to just go on trips r anything of that sort, it is SOLELY to MAINTAIN the church and liturgies. Without it, it is tough to continue these blessings at our church.

Thank you Coptic Servant.

"So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or out of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver."
    (2 Corinthians 9:7)

Pray for us,
    +The Congregation of St. Mary & St. Mina
  • +

Thank you CrazyCopt. God willing, your bracelets will be sent out on Thursday. Also, CopticServant, if you collect the names of the individuals in your church that make an order and sent them to us: [email protected] Then we will mention all those names in the following Tasbeha that we have Friday nights. CrazyCopt's church did that and we pray that the Lord remembers each by name for their service that all of you are performing to your brothers and sisters.

"That you may know that I, the LORD,
    Who call you by your name,
    Am the God of Israel.
    For Jacob My servant’s sake,
    And Israel My elect,
    I have even called you by your name;
    I have named you."

(Isaiah 45:3,4)

May He always take care of us.

Pray for us,
    +The Congregation of St. Mary & St. Mina
  • [quote author=CrazyCopt link=board=11;threadid=2704;start=15#msg42592 date=1132021632]
    Hey CopticServant,

I have a suggestion that was done by some youth in our church... it worked for us, maybe you guys can do it to if you havent already.
    Why don't you go around to all the youth in your church, find out who wants a braclet, have them pay a single person and that person oders for everyone and pays all at once. (We all gave my friend the money and our order, and she paid with her visa)

That way, you can make a mass order and get everything at once... and like the site says, if you order 50 or more you're excused from shipping charges (although I'm sure it would be appreciated by the church that there is extra money to cover all expenses)....

Best of luck to the The Congregation of St. Mary & St. Mina, and may God's golry shine through your great service :)....

Keep us updated, I'm sure many here would love to jump at the opportunity to help!

:+: Take care & God Bless :+:

That is a great idea, I would love to do that, and I'm actually collecting it and I might either give it to Abouna, but I still need to talk to Abouna next saturday or sunday enshalah, God willing! Rebana Mahkom!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Dear Doctaroofy,
    I can't email the amount needed, so please please, if you can read this and make this happen for the congregation in Minnesota,

Hi,
    We are from the church of St. Mary's Coptic Orthodox Church of Minnesota, and we would like 100, and if you are willing we would like either 100 or 150 to 200 bracelets thank you, we would like the bracelets by at least next week or the week after that, here is where we would like the bracelets to be shipped to:
    501 6th Avenue South
    South St. Paul, MN 55075

Thank you very much

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • +

Dear Coptic Servant,

Peace and grace.

Thank you for all this great help. Sorry I am late in my reply. The best way to reach us is

[email protected]

Please let me know a few things:

1.) Is this the church address?
    2.) Who can I contact to keep up to date about the orders: name, email, etc.
    3.) # Adult and # Child sizes

God bless you for your help. The youth hear are really joyful when they hear how great their brothers and sisters are helping them around the US. They really begin to gain HOPE through this UNITY of our FAITH and LOVE.

Pray for us,

+ john roufaiel and the congregation of St. Mary and St. Mina

"And now abide FAITH, HOPE, LOVE, these three; but the greatest of these is LOVE." (1 Corinthians 13:13)