Women becoming priests

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Well I just heard that 9 women, who are catholic, have become priest. Of course Pope Benedict is very unhappy with it and has said that the ceremony, which was held on a boat, was only an attempt and not a real ceremony. So now I was just wondering what u guys think about the whole women becoming priests. ;D

P.S. I would just like to add that the catholic religion is against it.

Comments

• Well, personally I'm totally against it!

Women can become nuns..sure... brides of christ...awesome.... devoted to God...terrific....but become a priest...No!
  • Two words: Enn Oh
  • :o hahaha how are u gonna ask a question like that, im sry that just crackedddd me upppp lol...
    St. Paul says "let your women be SILENT in the church" so they can only be nuns and if there is a nunery a priest has to go take their confessions and do liturgies for them, and something else i heard and i thought it was cool that in Holy Pascha Week, the only thing theyre allowed to respond with is "ke eperto" thats itttt they cont do anything else.....
  • No offence but I was wondering if someone can give me a verse in the bible that states that Jesus Christ said that women should be "silent in the church".
  • gurl_servant,

Christ's Apostles speak with the authority of Christ; what St Paul says is equal to what Christ says because St Paul speaks according to the revelation of Christ through the testimony of the Holy Spirit.

Peace.
  • In the Coptic Orthodox Chruch, women are not allowed to step on to the alter let alone become priests.
    M
    en who are not deacons are not allowed to walk on the alter either. Only priests, Bishops, an the His Holiness are allowed to touch the Body of Christ and the Holy Chalice and the Plate.

So, by the traditions of Aaron (the first priest), btother of Moses, only men (who are suitable in the eyes of God) can distribute the Holy Communion.

Therefore, women cannot become priests.

Even though Cathlicism is against women becoming Priests, it still allows them to TOUCH (and distribute) the Body of Christ, which is wrong by Orthodoxy.

ya rab barik, Amen
  • [quote author=kiropidiakonos link=board=1;threadid=2201;start=0#msg33669 date=1122583474]
    :o hahaha how are u gonna ask a question like that, im sry that just crackedddd me upppp lol...
    St. Paul says "let your women be SILENT in the church" so they can only be nuns and if there is a nunery a priest has to go take their confessions and do liturgies for them, and something else i heard and i thought it was cool that in Holy Pascha Week, the only thing theyre allowed to respond with is "ke eperto" thats itttt they cont do anything else.....

thats definetly true!!
    but i know that catholic don't have women serve in their liturgy how did that happen??i am sooo sorry but i didn't read the rest of the thing but plz someone answer this question!!!!
    GBU