GOD to me is

Comments

• yer u r all right....

the bible is for all of us and everything that God says he means tp everysingle one of us nd not just for those who have died for him

thanx :)

tadpole
  • God is So GREAT :)
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=10;threadid=2630;start=30#msg41015 date=1130187245]
    God is So GREAT :)

I absolutely, definitely, agree he is the BEEESSST in my life!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • MarMar91, I envy you, if you really had the chance to experience all these attributes of God. Just kidd:)

A monk once asked me,"what is the longest path in the human body?" To be honest to you, I didn't even understand the question at the time. I was like,"What is he talking about?". However, I answered," I don't know!" as if the question meant something to me. Then he answered," it is the path between your mind and your heart." Again, I didn't have a clue about what he said. But as time went on, it started getting glance in my mind. It is the gap between what we know and what we feel. I know that God is love, but the question is: how deep I feel it?.... I know that God is the Pantocrator but the question is : to how extend do I rely on Him?..... I know a lot,but how much do I feel????

KNOWLEDGE ============| GAP |=========== FEELING

I believe that the day, inwhich I will finish building that bridge to pass over this gap, will be my departure day.

miena
  • yer that was really nice!! :)
  • ohhh thanks so much miena for telling us that
    :)
    GBU
  • that was really cute...and thanx for sharing that with us!
    GBU
  • wow....may God bless all you get closer to him, and those who thus understand HIS love more....

You know what...does anybody here know of the Pope's first book, as a bishop, in the 70's...called..."The Release of the Spirit."? He said the exact same thing too...and thus taught us the true meaning of LOVE...(which only makes us want to know more...as we understood here in this thread)

May God blss us always....

In HIS NAme,

RFZ
  • no noy at all the more u blabber the better

that was realy nice marmar.......however i hate it when we only use God when we need him....i know when im depressed i can talk 3 him for hours but when im all happy i forget to pray or not bother ....(i know i do this)

and as job said ....how can i accept the good and not accept the tribulations.......

tadpole
    marina
  • U're right tadepole.....

"MarMar91"....is what u're saying called LOVE? Take the example of the friend...won't you truly love your friend in that way...

I don't completly understand you, BUT...the anything and everything you truly placed is LOVE in the end...it's all summed up...and in the end of course, this love has a different interpretation for each one of us, but all of them anyway have the church as a common factor (Algebra again... ;D)

God bless you all.....

N.B.:No the Book is called only that...not what u said MarMar91...and yes, that's a beautiful story in it called "What happened that Night"...about the servant....but I was talking about the introduction that Pope Shenouda wrotein this book

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • hey can u get that book on the net by anychance?

• can u can YOU :o
  • ummm...don't know how... :-[

but I know shewaya that it must be in bookstores in english there in the US...ask the father priests....

But online...I don't know....check copticpope.org

Sorry

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • oh it's alright, thnx 4 sharing

You know what...does anybody here know of the Pope's first book, as a bishop, in the 70's...called..."The Release of the Spirit."? He said the exact same thing too...and thus taught us the true meaning of LOVE...(which only makes us want to know more...as we understood here in this thread)

that neway :)
  • NO it's not....that book is series of deeeeeeep reflections and short stories by His Holiness...not this book...which is also very deep by the way....

IN HIS Name,

RFZ
  • People...read "It Happened that Night."

May God bless us all....here, in this story, God shows us truly what is the meaning of His Paradise, and what it means to be HIs son/daughter....

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • about what why was talking about... about only going to God when you need him...His Holiness discusses that in his book "God and Nothing Else"... but sry i cant find that online, i bought it from a nearby church when they had a ma'rad... its a really nice book though....
  • I wish you all can buy the 2 books that I own they are magnificent one is called, "Fear of God" and "Quizzes on the Holy Bible" there beautiful, May God give Pope Shenouda a long and healthy life!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • these books r good but who read???
  • Let's start by ourselves....

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • I think the choices need some modification. How about heavenly father?

"Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect" Matthew 5:47-49

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you" Matthew 6:13-15

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:25-27

"For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them" Matthew 6:31-33

"Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots" Matthew 15:12-14

"This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart" Matthew 18:34-36

I chose "father" because with God, I feel like a little kid resting my head on his shoulder not caring about anything in the world. Did you realize how a little kid react when his father stays a few steps away? He gets scared and runs to his father arms. Thus, father includes many things: dependency, love (which is one of the choices), peace of mind, safety, friendship(you talk sometimes to your father as a friend, don't you?), etc....

I understand that God is Love, but the question is what is God to you? In otherwords, describe the intimate relation between you and God. You can answer God is love if the question was " what is God?" These are my thoughts, did I make myself clear?

One more thing: Jesus said that we won't be able to enter heaven unless we go back and be like little kids. If we will be like little kids, what he will be to us? yes, [glow=red,2,300]father[/glow]

P.S If your dad is real freek, all the above doesn't apply to you :'(
  • God to me is EVERYTHING
  • me too but i dont feel it
  • Why, that is a good start! Try to find out why you don't feel it! You will find the answer inside you! Just look deep inside you! The more you look, the more it will become clear. And you will know what to do to feel it! The distance to your heart is so long and sometimes painful too. Keep searching .. St. Augustin said before that he kept searching for God everywhere and he couldn't find Him, but finally he found Him in the deepest of his heart. He said it was so deep that he could find it easily. Look inside you and you will find another universe to discover...
  • But be careful....do NOT search alone....none of us are immune to falls from Satan...he's specialized in two things...

either put you in a a horrible mood that you might never go out of...one that says that 'cuz you can't find him, you're a sore loser...or he might hit you on the other side...those people who think of themselves as saints although they have nothing good in them....

How do we escape...God's grace through your FOC....may God bless you...

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • [quote author=rf_zachari link=board=10;threadid=2630;start=60#msg41412 date=1130718485]
    But be careful....do NOT search alone....none of us are immune to falls from Satan...he's specialized in two things...

either put you in a a horrible mood that you might never go out of...one that says that 'cuz you can't find him, you're a sore loser...or he might hit you on the other side...those people who think of themselves as saints although they have nothing good in them....

How do we escape...God's grace through your FOC....may God bless you...

In HIS Name,

RFZ

now this is the problem- im in this horrible mood that i cannot get out of n it is resulting in that i am blinded to see god or his grace ..to tell the truth :( :-[
  • WHO isn't dear "why"?

The solution is ur FOC...he'll, by the grace of God, take you out of it, slowly...also...please concentrate on ur agpeya and Masses and pray diligently about this matter

RFZ
  • good advice but there is one problem ..... i have a slight problem / you can call it a disagreement with my FOC and i dont know if i can face him again !! :-[ :-X :-X :-X :-X
  • Face him....this is your eternity that's at stake...NOT some personal disagreement...besides...ur FOC is ur FATHER :) He can't be angry with ya....even if you do soemthing something horrible....he's ur FATHER....he'll forgive...whatever you do....don't make satan discourage you from confessing....EVER.

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • yeh ur right.......i neeeed that type of encouragement...thanks!!

so rf_z.....what did u vote God is to you as?