Unacceptable

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4366232.stm

They down play us, our culture and people. Try to convert us to that devil man-made religion of theirs. We make one play, and they rock our church? stab a nun!!
www.prophetofdoom.net , how does everyone feel about this?

MasrII

Comments

• Dear MasrII,
    I feel very very sad for the three people that have passed away and the nun that was stabbed :'( me and my friends were talking about this yesterday and we can't stop it, but all we can do is pray with all our hearts! Pray with all our hearts so that God will hear our prayers and try to fulfil them!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I just dont understand, if the play that supposedly offended them took place 2 years ago, why are they causing a problem about it NOW, did they not realize that it was offensive 2 years ago. I mean you dont go fight with your brother or sister today about a toy that they took from you 2 years ago...... :-\
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=4;threadid=2647;start=0#msg40907 date=1130006309]
    I just dont understand, if the play that supposedly offended them took place 2 years ago, why are they causing a problem about it NOW, did they not realize that it was offensive 2 years ago. I mean you dont go fight with your brother or sister today about a toy that they took from you 2 years ago...... :-\

Dear PrincessMary,
    Noone really knows why they supposedly offended us, but what we can learn from this is we have to treat people how you want to be treated, see the nun I mean a muslim woman if that happened to her, I mean her husband would kill the christian who did that, I mean we're total opposites, there are muslims that respect and admire christians, but there are also muslims who are disgusted by us, and hate us, but we need to appreciate and not be cruel to anything, please remember "treat others how you want to be treated!"

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • what copticservant says is 100% right! treat others as you wish to be treated! Also, princessmary, the reason muslims are getting angry now is because the play was made into a dvd 2 years ago but has only been seen by muslims today.. i mean i havent seen it obviously, but i would say that if it does actually portray muslims in a bad light it is a stupid thing to do. I mean no one denies that we copts have it bad in egypt however generally there are good relations between peope, of course events do flare up and things happen - this is one of those events.. just a final point, to MasrII i think by calling Islam a "devil man-made religion" furthers sows the seeds of hatred between christians and muslims. I mean if anyone called the coptic orthodox faith a devil man-made religion i obviously get offended, however would have to turn the other cheek (as we are instructed to). However MasrII when you say call islam evil you are lowering yourself to their level! And in effect you are also calling our religion evil as the koran is based on the bible and added bits from mohammed (in the same way the bible is based on the torah with the addition of the new testament). Again i go back to copticservants point that we should treat other people as we wish to be treated and then we surely always have the moral highground!
  • yer i heard of it on arabic tv n i am very very supprised when i realised i was in a close church only a couple of months ago on my rare trip to egypt and that every1 in church i must say was already scared enough entering the church....i remember goin church at 8 oclock in the morning to find that one out of the 2 masses was finished and i asked why n they said people are scared to go to church in the morning/afternoon so there are some people who prefer to do it at dawn and so the church done the mass at dawn......

and know this happens ....i dont know what people will do....but all i know that it will effect the population in the church and this really sadens me becasue i saw the great absense of people i knew from the church and this selfish act will only increase this absense....

God be with those who are scared to realise that nothing is better than dying with God (howeva this utterly freaked me out and i empathysed myself in that positin and realised i would of been one of the many people whowould of stopped going church)

anyways this is a very very scary matter and it will only get worse from here

tadpole
    marina
  • But just so u all know the movie/ play should not have been offending to the muslims because the copts were not mocking or teasing the islamic faith; it simply incorporated some of their beliefs. So i dont know why they are taking it so personally and being extreme as to killling inoccent people! >:(
  • lol, now thats one thing that SHOULD happen, but i know it wont...

but i mean this is really upsetting, i mean the play is only telling the story of a university student... n it really upsets me that people were killed through this...
  • my cousin is livin so close 2 this place :'(
  • yea my cousins too, they called us and said most of the people arent letting their children go to school, because theres a big riot in the city, and they are afraid to let their children out, ilbalad ma2looba :(
  • yea it is in somewhere called ghobreal
  • ya its alexandria.
    You know what the worst thing is, this whole thing isnt about the play, becasue the play came out 2 years ago. It was spread by MUSLIMS to try to lose support for the coptic candidate for the elections. Also look at how they threaten us, and only 1 newspaper has something like this against them noted:
    "Did we make plays that insult the Christians?" said the pharmacist, Mr. Ali Mahmoud. "They will pay the price in terms of their security, comfort, and now no priest will be able to walk in the streets." (New York Times)
    All of the other newspapers mention nothing about them, just what we did.
    Its just really messed up.
    But what marmar said b4 is right, our church is based on martyrs and built by them, and this will should just strengthen us more.

-Pete
  • yeahhh

omg that is horrible so we should like don't say that martyrs were when diocletian the emperor was there !
  • [edit = iqbal]
  • oh yeah, great id, that may solve problems ::)
  • well dont jump to conclusions about bush, there is sometype of confrence to be held on november 11th or 17th i dont remember, that is suppose to pressure the goverment and towork out equality for us.
    just hope it works :-\
    just keep praying for it!

-Pete
  • masrII if we burn their houses and mosques, how does that make us any different than them???? Even if Bush doesnt do anything, it doesnt mean we go and retaliate, and take an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, our religion is a religion of love, great love, loving everyone even our enemies "But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you" Matthew 5:44, that is what makes us christian, because they will know we are christian by our love
  • Amen, PrincessMary. We can only pray for those in Egypt, Christians and non-Christians.
  • amen sista!

true; its easier said then done and its easier for us to just say 'pray' because we dont know wat it feels like to live everyday with muslims acusin u or doin somefin 2 u- quite freaky actually but in the end- we are the ones that will win and we can see them burn in hell lol :P bit harsh i mean i dont know my eternitiy but may god forgive them for resulting to such things - killin a nun like come on, u just dont do that
    i was tellin a scool friend bout wat hapend(shes aussie) and shes like oh i never thought egypt was like that- do u have muslims there. i was like WAT?? u kidin me! have u bin livin in a hole! see thats the problem- no one is exposing them and copts jus suffer more and more- but i believe it is the end of the world (the beginning anyway)
    take care guys
    just pay and god will do the rest
    "BLESSED BE EGYPT MY PEOPLE"
  • ok every1 read this message say "our father..." "abana alazy..."

for all the peaple in egypt now!!!

...amen.

my mother told me they're fasting for three days 'all the churches in alexandria' for all what is going on.

and i don't want to think about how is H.H. doing ohh does any1 know? may God strengthen him. pray for all the people there and remember them in all your prayers.

"if God is for us, who can be against us"

pray4me
  • [glow=red,2,300]“There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven” ECCLESIATES 3:1[/glow]

"le kol shay2 t7t al sama2 wakt"

[glow=red,2,300]Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" Romans 12:12[/glow]

"fare7een fe al raga2, sabereen fe al dek, moazebeen 3ala al salah"

Whomever escapes oppression escapes from God
    St Paul the Hermit

'man yahrab men al dekat, yahrab men al rab'
    yo7anna al nasek
  • Amen....

My dear brothers and sisters....

Look...things are not THAT bad....but I'm not saying it's rosy...far from it....however...not Decletyanos....:)

One more thing....why am I saying it's not that bad?? For a simple reason...most of the moderate muslims, those who think before acting, KNOW that this play especially talks about EXTREMISTS...I repeat...EXTREMISTS...as a matter of fact, the CD is everywhere...in fact, the main character, a Christian, is saved by a moderate Muslim friend....see what I mean? It's a stupid political act...a man-made intentional misunderstanding....

From WHEN does that church allow mockery of other religions?? Come on people....Think about it....

Pray for all churches and for ourselves to be cemented to it in truth and not from the outside....

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • sorry i know this is off topic, but mnc_hnn, u wrote:

Whomever escapes oppression escapes from God
    St Paul the Hermit

'man yahrab men al dekat, yahrab men al rab'

yo7anna al nasek

this is the same thing in english and arabic, i was just wondering, which 1 of them said it " st paul the hermit, or yohanna al nasek"?? they didnt both say the same quote did they?
  • Actually...it's supposed to be Saint Paul the hermit...bas no one's sure...

Maybe the other saint quoted Saint Paul....so what? :D

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • i dunno wat u really mean ::)

One more thing....why am I saying it's not that bad?? For a simple reason...most of the moderate muslims, those who think before acting, KNOW that this play especially talks about EXTREMISTS...I repeat...EXTREMISTS...as a matter of fact, the CD is everywhere...in fact, the main character, a Christian, is saved by a moderate Muslim friend....see what I mean? It's a stupid political act...a man-made intentional misunderstanding....

From WHEN does that church allow mockery of other religions?? Come on people....Think about it....

hv u seen this play? i hvn't but i heard ppl saying that it wasn't nice dunno neway :-\
  • No...Father Augustinos of that church said that....and I don't think, with all the CD's in people's hands...that the priest will lie?

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • dunno wat u really mean

i meant u wrote the same quote twice, once in english and once in arabic, but u wrote 2 different names of people saying that quote, when u translate from english to arabic, the name doesnt change.....! ;D St. Paul= anba pola (arabic), yohanna=john, so i was just wondering which 1 of them actually said the quote? :)
  • youhanna is john so?
  • What do you think would happen if Pope Shenouda and all bishops met with the muslims and talked about it?

I feel really bad, especially after seeing the stabbed nun :'(
  • They actually did and issued a joint statement saying that this was a man-made misunderstanding and should be resolved calmly...

You must realize of course that this has a meaning for us...that the Pope trying to protect us especially...but at the same time...he isn't afraid of a thing...God bless him....

What I mean is...what's asked for in the last thread is already done...

God protect us all,

In HIS Name,

RFZ