DAY PLAN

whywhy
edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
hey guys i have something to know....
see im starting skool tomorrow n i wanted to know the perfect skool day plan which can include god to the max
or ur day plan if u think its good to go by...heres the things i have to in a day

wake up at 7: 15 n be out of the house by 7:45 (maybe a prayer in between)
come bak from skool at 4 then either go on tasbeha or watch Tv n then sleep for an hour or not then study from 5/6 to like 8:30.....

can u organise it for me n like tell me where i should have brakes to pray, read the bible or maybe sing hymns....

Comments

• thats the smartest thing i heard all day...pray in the shower

lol...lol...lol
  • Some pointers...

1. START AND END YOUR DAY WITH PRAYER
    - make ur prayer have meaning; dont just pray b/c you'd feel guilty if you didnt and dont pray routine prayers such as: help the sick, help the poor, etc....ask God for things that are REALLY on your mind

2. READ ATLEAST 2 CHAPTERS DAILY FROM THE BIBLE
    - this can be squeezed in perhaps during your ride to school (if its long), or during those times when you're sick of studying or need a break, etc.

3. DONT CLUSTER YOUR MIND WITH UNNECESSARU, UN-CHRISTIAN LIKE THINGS
    - i.e. innappropriate music, tv shows, movies, etc.

4. ALWAYS KEEP A MEMORY VERSE OR TWO BY HEART
    - its important to recite them in your mind at different times of the day...while cleaning your room, walking in the hallways in school, etc

5. FIND QUIET TIME ALONE WITH GOD FOR ATLEAST 15 MIN
    - you can maybe squeeze this is in during ur ride to school or when you dont feel like studying or doing anything else...find this time alone to meditate and think about your heavenly father

6. ALWAYS BUSY URSELF WITH SOMETHING TO DO
    - the mind of an un-busy person is the devil's laboratory

7. TRY LISTENING TO HYMNS WHILE DOING SOMETHING THAT DOESNT REQUIRE LOTS OF CONCENTRATION
    - ie, while you're surfing the net, doing math homework, etc.

....these are some of my tactics....dont know if they'd work for you...BUT, i highly recommend #'s 1-3,6
  • YOSTINA that was great that really will help me...

howeva if u dont mind me asken...........is ur life quite similar or does it follow the day plan u just gave me???????

u dont have to answer if u dont want to......

btw i lliked point 6 :) :) :) :)
  • wow Youstina that was really nice and helpful, thanks!
  • I am weak...i wont tell you that i strictly follow this day plan...there are certain things that i do regularely, but as far as growing spiritually is concerned, i fall into sin all the time and as much as i'd like to tell you that this is my day plan, i dont follow it completely.

However, in the past, it's helped me when i was at a low point in my spiritual life. So to answer ur question, i definately try my best to incorporate this day plan as much as i can in my schedule but im not carrying it out everday either
  • marmar i agree with u 100%...spiritual life is like exercise...you start slow and simple and gradually work your way up
  • My tip is definately keep your agpeya and bible with you at all times, that way if you have a spare moment where you are doing nothing, you can pull out either one and pray or read some passages. It also helps to memorize some psalms. My personal favourites are 5 and 6, which talk of guidance and distress. As a university student I am in constant distress and need guidance. Which brings me to the point that you shouldnt memorize any psalm(s), but one(s) that have a deeper meaning to you and that relate to you personally.

Please pray for me and my weaknesses,
    In His Name,
    Samar
  • yer thats soooo great it has helped me alot!!!!!!!!!

u wouldnt even understand
  • Day Plan:
    1st: In the morning reading you Agpeya and Bible before you go to school; eat breakfast

2nd: When you are back from school, you can have free time from 15-30 minutes; eat snack

3rd: When I'm bored I take out my songs/hymns book and start singing, or if I memorized it I'll just hum it or sing it for fun; do homework

4th: Do more Homework; eat dinner; (pray before you eat to thank God for the food you mother prepared for all of you!)

5th: Eat a little snack, brush your teeth, close the tv, read the Agpeya and the Holy Bible, go to sleep!

I hope this might come in handy, maybe, I don't know what to say other than what I already said!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • do u think watchin the tv then prayen right afta it is ok??? becasue i do it all da time n it actually helps me becasue my feeling are so touched right after romantic movies then when i pray i feel every word....so i want lots of answers for dis 1..plz
  • From my opinon I think that watching tv after you read the Agpeya and Holy Bible is wrong, I think if you pray it is better to keep the prayers inside your head so in your dreams it will be positive!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Wait a min, she said be4 reading the Bible/Agpeya, not after right?
  • yer be4 reading the bible
  • then u gonna think about every thing tht happened in the movie and no concentrate on ur bible...the bible better read..at the beginning of ur day..
  • your probably right but then that will probably not allow me to watch any movies before i sleep n thats the only time i start to watch movies!!!
  • ive thought of somefing good....b4 i pray maybe i should sing something then pray.....thats a great idea....right (a hymn of course)

tadpole
    marina
  • what do u think of the idea??????????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?????????????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?????????????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • really thats great then ....ill try to rememba it...actually there is a good friday movie tonight ...ill put my idea in mind! ;D ;D
  • Your system of reading the Holy Bible depends on you.
    Some read 1 chapter others read 4 every day. It all depends on where you are.

PS. praying in the shower is ok. I do it all the time.
  • well my FOC said that it doesnt matter how much you read but how you read. like some people can open up their Bible and close it as if they didnt even read...
  • It doesnt matter how much you read as long as you read.
    I agree.
    Nut still, as I said before, how much you read (the system in which you read) depends on you.
  • like see today...because i got this sick new MP3 player right n i uploaded all these cool 'wprldly music' ....i was listening to it then when i got to my homework, before i started the homework i took off my headphones, read the bible and after i finished went back to listening to music......i really dont think it detracted my attention or anything like that..however the music made a bad impact on my more than the bible made on me that day (if u get what i mean :D ;))

marina
  • but see why, whether you realize it or not, that music works in your subconsious mind. it is affecting you in ways you dont realize, and it kinda cancels out whatever you benefited while reading the Bible...
  • PS. praying in the shower is ok. I do it all the time

wait a min my FOC told me thats wrong!
  • lol he did ??? ??? is it for real cause i say taraneem in the shower but i dont pray

im confused so arent we allowed to entertain our selfs :P ??? ??? ???
  • entertain urselfs!!! guys its only a 15 min shower ...what entertaining do u need...its not like a 2hr boring routine you go through every day!! thats weird , 2 priests contradicting each other ...maybe becasue of age difference (of you guys)
  • lolololollooolol i know its like only fifteen min but some people like to take it longer then just 15 min lololoolollool so just wash and stuff no entertainment

im missin around lool peace

bigmak
  • [quote author=bigmak link=board=13;threadid=2602;start=30#msg42427 date=1131733945]
    lolololollooolol i know its like only fifteen min but some people like to take it longer then just 15 min lololoolollool so just wash and stuff no entertainment

im missin around lool peace

bigmak

yer i should know i take 30 min+

lol
    peace
    tadpole
    marina