How can we get them to glorify God and not us...

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father in Heaven.

How do we know they're not just gunna praise us instead of God..
and then what about pride, and doing good in secret, so God may reward u openly...

I mean really, they might just praise you, so how does this work out?

Comments

• Matthew 5:16
    Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father in Heaven.

MarMar, remember when we talked about the antichrist this is like it, but we can't just believe that people are going to praise us, if you have faith that you can't believe what you might misunderstand that would good, but you still need, to praise the lord your God and follow the commandments, and also[glow=red,2,300]"You shall therefore keep my statues and my judgements, which if a man does, he shall live by them: I am the Lord" (Leviticus 18:5[/glow] here is a verse you might want to check out!
  • Marmar, what do you mean its happened to you...im kinda not getting that part... ???

Some deeds are done in secret, and others done in public. For example, lets say you give money to the Church, you don't tell anyone else that. But if you break up a fight, thats done before everyone, whether you like it or not. Its a little hard to understand, did I make any sense?
  • i have trouble with this too... but i think just tell them that it is God who gets the glory in everything not you, if someone praises u..

GB,

laura
  • Ooh thats what you mean... well you could tell them like LauraInChrist said, I really don't know what else you could do...
  • in my experience, egyptians tend to talk about you in front of you lol but the only solution i have to that is to excuse yourself and walk away or to change the subject.
  • lol... I get so sick of it I ignore it ::)

Ideas would definitely help...
  • Its like when you do something good, how can you get people to praise God and not you, since after all, its just God working through you...
  • well, i've neva done somethin that 'Great' tell now!

so i didn't have the idea really

but u know wat happened 2 Paul when they prayed 4 the man who was not able to walk and he walked 'they thought they were their gods and they brought sacrifices and they wanted 2 slaughter for them' this was a temptation 4 them so it was 4 you! they refused and tore their clothes
  • Ok well we can refuse all we want, but that doesnt mean they stop! I really didn't do anything great, who am I to do something great? But like you know if I do well in school or something my parents turn it into a big deal, it really annoys me... ::)
  • hmmm yea i know how it feels!!! gotta say wanna kill any1 who does that 2 me.......jk!