worst sin

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
what do you think that's the worst sin ever?

if you want to make a list of the worst sins that you can think of right at the top of your head feel free to share!

Comments

• there is no thing such as the worst sin. such like a black lie and a white lie, they r both the same.

i think we shouldnt worrie which sin is worst or not, lieng is the same as stealing. but we shood worrie about how God will judge us on judgemeent day. read the following. its from psalm 50. o nd we shood also worrie about how to get pple back to jesus.

"do not cast me away from your presence, and take not thy holy spirit from me. restore unto me the joy of your salvation and with thy governing spirit establish me. THOUGH I SHOULD TEACH TRANSGRESSORS YOUR WAY AND SINNERS SHALL BE CONVERTED BACK TO YOU"

--CHIPSY
  • I totally agree with that Chipsy. It's all the same and the consequences are all the same. The wages of sin is death. Did anyone here ever hear that whenever you sin you add one more nail to Jesus's hands and legs, or another gash to his side, or another thorn to his crown? Well, if either way it's going to do that, then I believe all sins are equal.

sleepy
  • There is no such thing as little sin or bigger sin, or worse or better. ALL sins lead to death, and we should try not to sin at ALL. And since, that is the way its supposed to be, what would it matter anyways?
  • all of what they just said is rit...all sins are leading to death!
  • "If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death." (1 John 5:16 & 17)

I don't know, but I don't think that God would judge a person who committed murder the same as a person who thought of eating steak while he was fasting. I think that all sins have their levels and their punishments, after all one of God's main characteristics is that He is Just. I heard a few times that the worst sin was pride because we are nothing but dust and everything that we have is a gift from God, and when you are proud it is like discrediting God and taking the glory for yourself. Also because it leads to many more sins and that the cause of Lucifer's fall was pride.
  • thats rit! because there is no sin thats not leading to deth!
  • MarMarNematlla, sin that does not lead to death is sin you repent of.
  • sin that does not lead to death is sin you repent of.

did she said something else?
  • I get the part about repentance, but I still don't think that God would judge a person that coincidentally died right after he said a swear word the same as someone who committed suicide...
  • Well just as there are levels in heaven I can guess there are also levels in Hades/He**
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=13;threadid=2427;start=0#msg37651 date=1125968735]
    Well just as there are levels in heaven I can guess there are also levels in Hades/He**

yea..... That's the way I see it.
  • NO! there is only one sin that will NOT be forgiven. that is blasphemy against the holy spirit. if anyone knows the refrence that would be great.
    this means pride is blasphemy against the holy spirit but only if it goes so far that the person believes he has no need of confession and absolution thru the holy spirit and therefore the person will not admit he is a sinner and will not be forgiven
    hope i made sense ???
  • what you just said is kinda the same. like not repenting for a sin is blasphemy against the holy spirit. which is wat we are trying to say....
  • lol in a way but the problem isnt not repenting its thinking u dont need to repent which the kind of pride the devil felt in thinking he was too good for his position
  • its the same thing, if you think you dont need to repent you obviously wont. and if you think you do need to then you abviously will. there's no middle.
  • so does that mean pride is the worst sin? ;D
  • THERE IS NO WORSE OR BETTER SIN. Sin is sin, it has no color or size. You cannot shape it into something. Tell me one verse in the Bible that says there is worse/better sin.
  • "Therefore i say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blashphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven men. anyone who speaks a word against the son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come"
    matthew 12:31-32
  • IT IS THE SAME THING. Oh my God. Sin that you refuse to repent for IS BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT.

And sry for being loud.
  • but y do u refuse to repent for sin?

PRIDE ;D
  • you refuse to repent for sin because you might think what you did was right and not wrong... ::)
  • you refuse to repent for sin because you might think what you did was right and not wrong...

yeah sometimes people does that and.........u probably know the rest!! :-\
  • SINS r SINS, they will always BE SINS, but the only good thing bout them is, if you noe its cummin nd u dont do that GOD REWARDS YOU.

--chipsy
  • [quote author=~*CHIPSY*~ link=board=13;threadid=2427;start=15#msg37792 date=1126020090]
    SINS r SINS, they will always BE SINS, but the only good thing bout them is, if you noe its cummin nd u dont do that GOD REWARDS YOU.

--chipsy
  • yup i agree sandrahanna. lol ;D

--CHIPSY
  • ;Dthats absolutly rit!!
  • Angelo, pride is a sin in itself, and may/can lead to other sins, but it is not the WORST sin because there is NO worst sin. SIN IS SIN. PERIOD.
  • SIN IS SIN

i guess u guys came out with the same anser!