fast? food? do u care?!!!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hi
do you think about what kind of food do you eat when u fast 'fe alseam'
i know the fast is not about food but also it's a point 2 talk about cos like some ppl eat vege-burger and soya milk, vege pizza...etc but 'alseam' first when the church set it there was non of these kinds of food everywhere!
so are we supposed not 2 eat these kinds of food when fasting?
i also know that it sometimes depends on the person and how she/he feel about it? but also other ppl say 'folan' does and 'folana' does not
cos it's not just about lent or christmas it's bout a lot other with addition of the 2 days weekly and st.mary..............
so what do you think about that?!
i'm expecting A LOT of replies sooon!!!
pray4me

Comments

• yes I do care because I even as ask anybody if this is siami, I don't like eating something fatari I don't like it when I mess up and eat something fatari during a fast...but people make mistakes

GBA
  • i never really put that way before but look: Veggie burgers do not taste like regular burgers, soymilk does NOT, any way of any kind taste like normal milk. Besides, what, we're going to ear foul and tameya every day so that food doesn't have taste? Come on, then in that case you shouldn't eat anything that tastes good in the siam, and thats not the point of it. The point of the fast is to be able to conrol the type of foods you eat, and not the taste of it...
  • [glow=red,2,300]hey everyone. its me. ummm to answer ur question i do eat veggie burgers, barely anymore cause they taste bad. i dont like soymilk or taameyah. but sometimes if im looking for somethign to ear i eat it. and like copticservent i hate it when i mess up. its like homework but there isnt a punishment till heaven, hopefully. anyways i dont think any food is fitari unless it has any type of dairy in it.[/glow]
  • But thought that if you ate something fitari and you didn't know it was fitari it didnt count...
  • exactly what i meant...
  • then in that case you shouldn't eat anything that tastes good in the siam, and thats not the point of it. The point of the fast is to be able to conrol the type of foods you eat, and not the taste of it...

but also this is NOT the point of fasting, the point is that u control urself by not eating what u like so that you'll remember not 2 sin, not just about the taste!

but if some1 forgot it's alright ya but not if 4 example u got a bar of chocolate and started eating it and then u remembered u've got to stop in that second and don't just say 2 yourself hmmm.. it's ok just this bar i just forgot!
    other ppl say that powder milk is 'syamy' !!!
    and other things.....
  • hmmm...idk....i just think that those "syeamy food/fitary names" are just an over rated thing...lol...i meant things like veggy burger and milk if u didn't get it...so ya if u long so much for eating those things...just don't fast...there is no point in it...i would rather not eat at all then eat things that have a resembelance to fitary foods...but hey tht's just me..
    so ya...don't worry so much abt wut u eat and drink....worry abt the food and drink of ur spirtiual life...u are not gonna go to hades..if u eat a chocolate in the seyam....but u will if u have no spirtuial life...so ya...food and drink isn't the essence of life...God is and always have been.
  • food is not the main point i know but if u r good in this...u r good in that...so!

in 'al syam' the spiritual food IS the MAIN point and food is just one of the small points 2 think about but everything has it's importance in our life!
  • Yea but my mom works the night shift and she sometimes doesnt have time to cook, and I only know how to cook pasta, so I kinda have to look for that stuff, whether I like it or not...
  • my mom works the night shift and she sometimes doesnt have time to cook, and I only know how to cook pasta, so I kinda have to look for that stuff, whether I like it or not...

is that what u can cook?
    there's sandwiches, salads, peanut butter, olives, baked beans, fruit salads,......take it easy!
    i can't cook i just like steamed vegetables, i know that 4 some ppl sounds disgusting but....it's SOMETHING 2 EAT, isn't it? ;)
  • mnc is right, the point of fasting is to fast from sin, to get closer to God.
    controlling wat u eat is a type of discipline, its not only exclusive to fasting. u can always do it, by not eating until noon or later for example.
  • Right, thats what I'm trying to say. The food point is to discipline yourself to the kinds of food that you eat. Of course the point of fasting is always to get closer to God.
  • Jesus Christ fasted for US 40 DAYS and 40 NIGHTS. he was tempted just like all of us will be during the fasts. Jesus Christ fasted for us and he didnt eat a single thing for the days he fasted. Look wat he did for us?

and i am the pickest eater during the siame so this goes 2 me as well.

when food is persented for us to eat by our parents especially during the siame ... DO NOT TURN IT DOWN, even if you dont like. Your not that good of a person to deserve more. REMEMBER YOU ARE ALL BUT DUST. and remember there r struggling people who dont even get wat you throw in your garbage. Stand the tamia and the fool for those days, and for bearing the temptation we will GET REWARDED IN HEAVEN!!!

--HOPE I HELPED

--CHIPSYY ;)