Hurting Urself

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
i have seen someone tell me a story about them cutting theirself cause they were made fun of. i got so scared. they showed me the marks and they said they used to do it when they were younger, this was sixth grade for us, and then stopped but started again. im really scared guys and every time i think about it mi mind is freked out like really bad! and then i get horrible visions in mi mind about this person. i wanna do something but im afraid to go bi this person a lot anymore. im seriously freked out. i was his/ her trusted friend and then all of a sudden this and i was the only one that knew. after he told me that i kinda avoided him/ her cause i was usually thinking about waht happened! our friendship isnt really as strong ever since he told us.

please please help. im scared for this kid

Comments

• This is wrong, the only explanation is for God to help you!
  • I had some1 like that last yr in my class and I think he was gothic, but im not sure...
  • no but this person isnt a goth. i dont thnk that person is christian they dont act like it. im pretty sure though. but it frkeed me out cause he/ her told me this and i felt scared
  • i know a friend (christian) that cut thmeselves befoere but it was only once
  • cutting usually means serious psychological trauma and possible abuse, social incompetence (being an outcast, not able to communicate with others), and low self-esteem. he/she should definitely see a therapist.
  • but most kids that do that dont tell anyone and they dont wanna talk about it
  • [quote author=EpNomos EnTaio link=board=13;threadid=2401;start=0#msg37292 date=1125805961]
    cutting usually means serious psychological trauma and possible abuse, social incompetence (being an outcast, not able to communicate with others), and low self-esteem. he/she should definitely see a therapist.

I definietly agree! It might be psychological, or maybe...because they have low-self esteem that they were made fun of...and plus lots of people get made fun of...so the next time they talk to you explain to them it's not right to cut yourself if your made fun of...I got made fun of I didn't do anything about it because I knew it was gonna be over by then...I got gossiped about...I got called names...I got someone that was like a bully to me but I didn't care because I didn't do anything to her...I heard rumors about me...it's pretty self-explanatory...that you shouldn't care what other people think...it's what you think about yourself...and if that person doesn't believe that they have a great life...and that they are ruining it by cutting themselves...then they have low self-esteem
  • tell his/her parents if u know them. they could get him into therapy
  • ya like seriously
  • I agree. Someone like that needs professional help.
  • oh...my god you remind me the boy in my art class lat year...ewww...man that boy used to sew his skin it was the most discusting thing i have ever saw in my life...sometimes i used to cry when i get home!!hey was horrible!!ew
  • those people really need help becasue they don't know what are they doing!!
  • ummm i hav a friend of mine dat does it with an uncleaned razor evn during school time. she says she cant stop cuz its addicting. so i got her some verses from the bible about how ur leading your self to hell by doing so. it touched her in a sense and i also gav her books about the body and how it is the lord's temple and what would happen to those that harm their bodies. ;)

god bless... hope i helped
  • was ur friend coptic?
  • at least she listened to you i couldn't even look at that boy!!and he is in the same school now and in my 3of my classes...i talkied with him one time but he pretty ignored me!!
  • i couldn't talk with the one that was in my class. he gave me goosebumps and scared me to the point i was afraid to come near him.
  • yeah i know it comes to a point that you can't look at them they like become so scary...ewww!!
  • no as a matter of fact she wasnt coptic. :'( . but i influenced her so much and i would always take time to call her and talk 2 her. harming ur body is a big deal.
  • harming ur body is a big deal.

it is actually rit!
  • hope i helped?

pray for me

--marmar ;)
  • yeah thanks for that nice comment!!i am sure it helped!
    ifnot it helped me at least!!thank you!
  • np, im open 2 help nyone. nd please u all help me and pray for me.

--marmar
  • always in my prayers!!
    god bless you!
  • wow.. that's serious... I think the best thing we can pray for them... show them God's love, and be a friend to them.. maybe u should like tell a counselor or a teacher about them, or an abouna about this situation, so they may get some help...

may the Lord bless this person in all their troubles...

GB all!

-------------------------------
    pray for me a sinner,

laura
  • but they aren't like orthodox!!!
  • yea and for my situation he wasnt the one that told me, one of my friends saw it in class, so i cant tell any1 cause wat's the proof?
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=13;threadid=2401;start=15#msg37552 date=1125889458]
    yea and for my situation he wasnt the one that told me, one of my friends saw it in class, so i cant tell any1 cause wat's the proof?

wow christ4life ur situation is diff. and diffecul...all u can do is just pray for them!
  • CopticChica21, I understand that this could be really scary for you since you said that you were good friends with that person but pulling away from that person gives him/her more reason to keep on doing what he/she is doing to themselves and I believe that it is psychological and that person should seriously talk to someone about it, maybe u can contact that person's parents and then they would hopefully contact a therapist or something but I really think you should try to do something to help.....
  • ya i know like seriously make him feel comfortable not as a stranger
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=13;threadid=2401;start=0#msg37299 date=1125807100]
    [quote author=EpNomos EnTaio link=board=13;threadid=2401;start=0#msg37292 date=1125805961]
    cutting usually means serious psychological trauma and possible abuse, social incompetence (being an outcast, not able to communicate with others), and low self-esteem. he/she should definitely see a therapist.

I definietly agree! It might be psychological, or maybe...because they have low-self esteem that they were made fun of...and plus lots of people get made fun of...so the next time they talk to you explain to them it's not right to cut yourself if your made fun of...I got made fun of I didn't do anything about it because I knew it was gonna be over by then...I got gossiped about...I got called names...I got someone that was like a bully to me but I didn't care because I didn't do anything to her...I heard rumors about me...it's pretty self-explanatory...that you shouldn't care what other people think...it's what you think about yourself...and if that person doesn't believe that they have a great life...and that they are ruining it by cutting themselves...then they have low self-esteem

i don't it's a problem with low self-esteem ore doing it because someone made fun of u....i really think it's unbearable self loathing that leads to cutting....painfully unbearable self hatred. very sad i know, but once again only Gods love will be able to heal them.