what drives your life?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
you guys may know that there are many forces that drives your life...and it is iether negative or posetive...so it really depends on what type of person are you?are you:
spiritual:a person who is born of the holy spirit?
natural:a person who uses natural powers(mind,intelligency)?
carnal:the carnal person is the person who follows the desire of the flesh?
did you think of what type of person are you?

Comments

• I got a little bit of all three, so I can't pick one. I mean I am spritual but I can't describe myself in that way, I'm still not there. I do think a lot but I still follow my guts sometimes, and I do fulfill carnal desires somehow (I'm no angel, lol). Like I do like to go shopping and eating out and having fun, but that not all I do. How about the rest of you guys?
  • i would probably be the first volenteer,i am not a spiritual person at all i have some of a carnal personality and some of the natural ones so i would probably pick the carnal person!
  • thanks for that marmar91 but all of us have to have the 3 of tham but i don't know why i am not like spiritual person i don't feel like i am!
  • You love God, right? You make the effort to go to Churh and fast and take confession and communion, right. It's just hidden down there, you gotta find it and make it grow. :) ;)
  • okay christ4life!i think i got it!thanx
    GBU
  • okay well this is really a good topic...i am a naturl and i think about alot of things in my head without telling nobody. sometimes i am also a spirtual person and i sing songs to make me happy and forget everything on my mind!!!!! great topic again sandra

basketball
  • I'm mostly what MarMar says, spiritual and natural i love to read the bible, and sing hymns, and read rose garden, and i want to read the legal books (there are 39 of them)
  • i think it means, like you think for yourself...
  • how about of you guys what kinda person are you?
    and am so inerested in knowing about each one!!
  • and am so inerested in knowing about each one

yeah...yeah..i want to know too!huh!
  • i think i'm natural but is that every1 has a bit of spirituality in them? not really sure! but, if it is, it differs from one person 2 another 4 some ppl it takes a Big part in their lives and it affect on that later by like: being monk/nun, deacon...etc but in others it's just like normal ppl who go 2 church...pray...but also have family...care 4 their work&life
    but it depends, i think it's so so different from a person 2 another!
    ....some ppl try to switch their religeous part of their lives off!

so they are carnal, aren't they?

carnal:the carnal person is the person who follows the desire of the flesh?

and carnal ppl also differ from 1 person 2 another, i don't think that there r ppl who r that simmilar 2 each other

but natural ppl if they wanted 2 be spiritual they can! and also if they wanted 2 be carnal they can (in this case it would be easier) from trying 2 be spiritual but when somebody really work hard in order 2 be better he will by the help of God.
    i'm TRYING 2 be willing about being spiritual but i'm still on the first step of that 'problem' that's what 'I' call it

pray4me
  • thats absolutly right!
  • but i think its really hard not to have any carnal desires at ALL. I mean if you want somewhere thats a desire, eat something special, get a birthday party.... thats all carnal.
  • but i think its really hard not to have any carnal desires at ALL. I mean if you want somewhere thats a desire, eat something special, get a birthday party.... thats all carnal.

yeah and all the ppl who r like that r who want 2 give all the time in their life 4 Christ!
    it's hard, too hard these days 4 any1 who is like this!!!
  • i hope that someday, we can all come to that point.
  • I definitely agree with you all...having a life like that is very hard but very special, and amazing...just devoting your life for our Savior!
  • not all ppl r like that and not all ppl CAN BE if u want 2 ask God and He will help u by doing the best to fit u cos some ppl tried 2 be like those who don't want anything from this world and don't care about these things but it was not suitable 4 them that instead of being a nun/monk they became very bad like some1 i can't remember his name he was the most evil person in his days and all that and he was a monk!
    so if u r 2 be a normal it's great at least better than that monk who forgot all about meekness and he fall from the eternal life!
  • I definitely agree with you all...having a life like that is very hard but very special, and amazing...just devoting your life for our Savior!

yeah it's the hardest thing u may chose 2 do in your life, imagine forgetting about new jeans, going shopping buying some new shoes, what's for dinner?, my birthday cake, have a new cut..........and if u tried 2 list just SOME and look at 'em u might say I AM NOTHING WITH THOSE SAINTS WHO LEFT THEIR FAMILIES TREASURES ON EARTH MAY BE CHILDREN 2 BE WITH cHRIST ONLY 2 THINK ABOUT hIM ALL THE TIME AND ASK hIM 2 FORGIVE THEM!!!